Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Thanks for going along with it!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited February 2016
    Congrats! Your efforts paid off, in your first ascension no less.

It would be nice to see logs from all participants in the event/logs section!
  • It was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who was there, and especially the Glom cheerleader squad!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falmin?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Congratulations! 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Aw, Nary. <3

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'll have to watch the second half sometime! I had to leave :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited February 2016
    Obligatory post-play boogie. \:D/

Inevitable post-boogie crash. I-)

P.S. I am so mad that I made the only mistake in the production.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Aetherhunts where I blow everyone up are the best.

Aetherhunts where I blow up a full crew? Those are even better! WOO!

• Yeeeeees we have found our TA challenger!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I would have liked to see one more Shevat in the lineup, but I'm very very happy for @Irillia and @Sylandra! :x Congrats other guys, too!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Steingrim said:
    Arix said:
    Remember that time Celest bought someone a cubix or something, and they were like lolthanxbai?
    You mean when I was CL of Celest? Maybe this happened more than once and more than once in Celest, but if not it was I or at least I inherited it.

Now in fairness, I don't remember if I voted for it or if it was done under the previous CL as we're talking a good five years or so ago. Also, AFAIK the loan was repaid in full. The loan was to Talkan and celest really needed a cubix, I don't remember if anyone else in Celest even had one. It was also the case that the repayment was pretty swift given that there was a regular payment schedule (yearly I believe), which he often succeeded. If it wasn't payed back I would be surprised because my memory was it was, but I could be mistaken. Nydekion IIRC succeeded me and I believe that Talkan him, so I find it hard that even if he had some left to repay that it wouldn't be wiped out by the time he was CL. It could be a false memory, but I believe he not only payed it off before I stepped down, but paid it off years before it was due.

I am a bit unsure if it was for the total amount of a cubix or just part of the cost, but whichever it was significant amount. I also don't remember if it was secured in some manner (ship, other person or persons co-signing -- Aison was his wife then and she may have put up her shop).

Would I do it again? Not for the total amount of a cubix. But really they're not rare enough to seriously consider as adding enough value to the org.
    You're almost exactly right, Steingrim. It was for 50% of a cubix. The city had 1 or 2 - I'm pretty sure Narsrim and maybe Ilyarin (although was he Ilyarin at this point?) had one. Regardless, it was crystal clear that the city needed another. I had 1000 credits saved up, trying to get one purchased and proposed to the city that they fund the other half and I pay them back.

Aison helped me pay back quite a bit, which I really appreciated. In the end, the entire cost of the cubix was repaid to Celest.

But hey, why ruin a good narrative? I remember watching the story change from Celest buying me a Cubix to me practically stealing one. That's the beauty of a game with real people - the people shape the narrative; facts change with memory and perception. That's incredibly awesome.

Personally, I love how Talkan went from golden boy to one of the most vilified characters in Lusternia. It was so much fun for me to take what was, at the time, a very passive, peaceful guild and (following Amaru's lead and then multiplying it 1000 fold) helping to turn the city of Celest into the Spanish Inquisition where the law has no bearing if it prohibits the absolute, uninhibited destruction of the Taint. 

Talkan was about how following the letter of the law isn't actually good. There's an evil in being beholden to perfection and being unwilling to bend. But, damn, was it good.
  • I dunno, I remembered hearing that someone was bought a cubix by Celest and then booked it out of there and it was semi-contextually relevant so I brought it up.
  • Arix said:
    I dunno, I remembered hearing that someone was bought a cubix by Celest and then booked it out of there and it was semi-contextually relevant so I brought it up.
    I guess in the grand scheme of things it was a pretty quick turn around.

In reality, it was about a year (maybe a month or two less) from the purchase of the cubix until I decided I was done with the game.

Likewise, it was about 4-6 months from being turned into a vernal ascendant to the point I left the game.

Again, the narrative that's spun now is that both of those things were immediately preceding my departure. I'm certainly not here to try and set the record straight. As I said earlier, having a narrative spun by players is so effing cool. That's why all my game-time is spent in EVE Online now :D
  • I think it's time for a #BeautySealTA
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited February 2016
    I've been feeling really down lately. Raves to @Glomdoring @Kregarn @Narynth @Nienla @Crek @Talan, and those folks. Big raves.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Yesss sweet sweet jeweller's hammer get.  :x
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."

• Talkan said:
    Arix said:
    I dunno, I remembered hearing that someone was bought a cubix by Celest and then booked it out of there and it was semi-contextually relevant so I brought it up.
    I guess in the grand scheme of things it was a pretty quick turn around.

In reality, it was about a year (maybe a month or two less) from the purchase of the cubix until I decided I was done with the game.

Likewise, it was about 4-6 months from being turned into a vernal ascendant to the point I left the game.

Again, the narrative that's spun now is that both of those things were immediately preceding my departure. I'm certainly not here to try and set the record straight. As I said earlier, having a narrative spun by players is so effing cool. That's why all my game-time is spent in EVE Online now :D
    @Talkan. Hey you know I don't think you're an angel and there are certainly things you did that you got away with, but AFAIK the cubix wasn't one of them and if that was the reason Celest didn't let you rejoin when you asked a year or two ago then that's wrong. Where ever you are now I hope you're giving them hell.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sylandra said:
    Yesss sweet sweet jeweller's hammer get.  :x
    To elaborate on this:

You tap a cluster of gems with precision, revealing eleven perfect sapphires.

\:D/
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
This discussion has been closed.