Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:
    Proud of my fellow Serens' performance in the great hunt this weekend! 
    Especially well done Avurekhos!

Very proud.
    I agree; this guy put in an enormous amount of effort to try to beat someone who invested absolutely zero, and he came extraordinarily close to doing so.  He deserves quite a bit of lauding for how hard he tried.  Well done.
    Can you believe he's still awake?
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    He did have a 20 minute nap! (Yay Avuuuu!)

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    It's 3:30 AM and I've been RPing by myself for the last 7 minutes. I think there's something seriously wrong with me. Possibly. Especially since I'm having fun.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited June 2013
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:
    Proud of my fellow Serens' performance in the great hunt this weekend! 
    Especially well done Avurekhos!

Very proud.
    I agree; this guy put in an enormous amount of effort to try to beat someone who invested absolutely zero, and he came extraordinarily close to doing so.  He deserves quite a bit of lauding for how hard he tried.  Well done.
    He didn't come close, I actually just sat at the megalith for quite a few hours and let him catch up, then would go back to it. 

edit: And before I hear anything more about 'zero effort' let's remember that most of the Demigod Tier put in the same amount of effort I did. 

On a second note. Where the heck are credits?
  • I would hazard a guess that the admin are having to review and debate things internally before they award prizes, given the contention over the results. Possibly consulting across IRE games, even.

I don't know why they hold greathunts at all, honestly. It really just encourages this sort of craziness.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Should be easy enough to tweak it, though.
    Step 1) Bound credits.
    Step 2) Make people stay in whatever tier they started in (no leveling out).
    Step 3) If there is a tie, both players get the credit reward for the lower rank.
    Step 4) Discourage cross-game robot bashing operations- if a player is competitive in the rankings on multiple IRE games at the same time, something fishy is happening.

The only one of those that really requires any resources at all is the last, and that's mostly a redundancy check to catch botters.
    edited June 2013
    Xenthos said:
    . The only one of those that really requires any resources at all is the last, and that's mostly a redundancy check to catch botters.
    You mean something that's offered in every major system in Lusternia is illegal?

Also, I don't think this could be agreed upon IRE wide since Automation is 100% legal in other IRE games, and blatantly posted as such if you read the help files. They could however discuss playing across multiple IRE games on the same IP as multiplaying though
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Xenthos said:
    Step 3) If there is a tie, both players get the credit reward for the lower rank.
    The tie was just for laughs (and to try to break something). I fully expect the prizes to be awarded based upon the actual final ranks, not the score.
    Kelly said:
    Xenthos said:
    The tie was just for laughs (and to try to break something). I fully expect the prizes to be awarded based upon the actual final ranks, not the score.
    I'm not sure how in Aetolia but tier 2 winners tied as well, not sure what that was about either. I kind of feel they should get a split. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Munsia said:
    edit: And before I hear anything more about 'zero effort' let's remember that most of the Demigod Tier put in the same amount of effort I did. 

And those who did got disqualified, your move.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Munsia said:

And those who did got disqualified, your move.
    So, Xena, Lavinya, Leolamins...at the very least that I'm able to name were DQ'd?
  • NochtNocht Glomdoring
    Let's keep this for raves.

Feel free to create a separate thread to discuss the Great Hunt if you'd like. So long as it doesn't turn hostile.
    Whoah whoah, excuse me? I don't afk anything, I die too easily.

My rave is placing at all - I wasn't working for it, I just wanted essence. Given I slept heaps, went on aetherhunts and even had a nap one afternoon, I think it shows how few were actually working for it in the top tier at least. Yay free credits! (When we actually get them, anyway)

Lavinya said:
    Whoah whoah, excuse me? I don't afk anything, I die too easily.

My rave is placing at all - I wasn't working for it, I just wanted essence. Given I slept heaps, went on aetherhunts and even had a nap one afternoon, I think it shows how few were actually working for it in the top tier at least. Yay free credits! (When we actually get them, anyway)
    Noone said you were afk
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    My eyes...

(yay only took 8+ years)
    At least you managed to get it back in a day
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Volucer. You're too adorable. My cheeks are sore from smiling.

• Ushaara said:
    Volucer. You're too adorable. My cheeks are sore from smiling getting pinched on the rear all da time.
    Fixed.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ixion said:

Ushaara said:
    Volucer. You're too adorable. My cheeks are sore from smiling getting pinched on the rear all da time.
    Fixed.
    Ixion. You're adorable too! ;)
    Wrapping an arm around an aslaran tribeswoman, you confide in her that she would surely be chosen by Magnagora as a person of great influence.
    An aslaran tribeswoman slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Shanthmark should follow the Grand Dominion of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Shanthmark, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Dominion of Magnagora.

First time I got the last denizen, yaaaay.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lavinya said:
    Wrapping an arm around an aslaran tribeswoman, you confide in her that she would surely be chosen by Magnagora as a person of great influence.
    An aslaran tribeswoman slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Shanthmark should follow the Grand Dominion of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Shanthmark, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Dominion of Magnagora.

And you wouldn't have gotten away with it if we had moved quicker and Glom hadn't gotten Paavik so quickly. /shakefist
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Lavinya said:

Smiling encouragingly, you prompt a krokani shepherd to tell you of his hopes and fears, then relate 
    how all his hopes can be found in Glomdoring, and all his fears would be realized elsewhere.
    A krokani shepherd slaps his knee and declares that, by the gods, the Village of Paavik should 
    follow the Free Collective of Glomdoring after all!
    Shouts rise up from the Village of Paavik, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Free 
    Collective of Glomdoring.
    You gain some inspiration!

Ditto!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You pay 350 bound credits and receive a Great Rune of Shielding.

After 4(!) years of wanting one, I finally had enough credits for it.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Does it have Valkyries? *flutter*

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I think I convinced someone to check out Lusternia. Also, design design design.
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

This discussion has been closed.