Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Congrats to the legitimate greathunt winners. Though admin, I think you  may have missed a few autobotters
  • @Nihta: For making SD already fun as freaking hell.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Getting back into combat.

Being involved in two different fights today, and not dying in either, though I didn't get any kills, but I'm working on it!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • You look around triumphantly and realize you are the last one standing. You have WON the combat free-for-all.

What is this sorcery?!
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
       Your design #19836 of a journal bearing likeness to Selene was approved.

My first design went through! Yay!
  • Level 90! AND!
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 91.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 5th Order of the Hyperphysical.

Demigod here I come!

Also, shoutout to Gaudiguch and our Council for handling some serious stuff and doing it so well that I didn't come out a crying mess of a ball.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    @Maellio for the psych analysis.
    @Enyalida and @Cadfael for the awesome hunting trips. :D And in general, Myeras!
  • Having two wonderful(future) daughters. I love them both so much already!

• MoiMoi
    edited June 2013
    E: Oh, hey, look. 2 pages suddenly got here while I wasn't looking.
    @Shikari, for NOT killing me, even if He didn't talk with my character. :D
  • I think everyone is secretly glad Shikari doesn't kill them, even if He never actually talked to us.
  • GRAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! lusternia, why are you so slow!
    is dead like the dodo
    @Maylea. <3 So many times. <3

(another shoutout to @Cadfael of course, and @Caerlyr and @Barrin for not letting my module explode in my face)

• Zouviqil said:
    @Maylea. <3 So many times. <3

(another shoutout to @Cadfael of course, and @Caerlyr and @Barrin for not letting my module explode in my face)
    How can you not love her? :D
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Raves for a really fun fight in that wargames with @Enyalida!  I learned quite a bit from it.

I'll beat you next time, I'm sure of it!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Rave to @Estarra for allowing a special beast reaction and having the patience to put it together. Really excited :)
  • Love my kick ass family!

And I got to meet my brother today - so stoked!
  • Kio said:
    Raves for a really fun fight in that wargames with @Enyalida!  I learned quite a bit from it.

Don't think you'll be beating her anytime soon. She knows her stuff ;)
  • Draylor said:

Kio said:

Raves for a really fun fight in that wargames with @Enyalida!  I learned quite a bit from it.

Don't think you'll be beating her anytime soon. She knows her stuff ;)

No one is unbeatable.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Wait a Shadowdancer vs a Druid?

I thought you just Brumetower and they implode from the sheer rage it causes?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It's a bit different against dreamweavers. I could only stand in her demesne for a limited time unshielded before I had to shadow dance flight 8 or 10 to get out, run off, and sleep. It was my first time, and it took me a while to realize what she was doing while I was twisting. Once I did, I had a plan. Unfortunately she heartstopped before I could try it. I'm assuming she either ran out of power, willpower, or patience. I know I went through about 40k will and three or four rounds of auras during the fight, so it was pretty long.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2013
    No, that's about true @morkarion. You brumetower and I essentially have to cry and get REALLY REALLY creative (or lucky) and against an opponent who is dedicated to staying protected by a brume, I do have to give up - or start spamming lashes to drain their willpower via clotting.

The sleeping does close to nothing without sap, you really didn't need to run so constantly to get away from it, and I was following and using sleepmist any place you were sleeping (if you weren't on seventh twist already) to nullify your sleeping - because it's annoying. Basically, the thing is that by the time you've run through your entire setup for final twist (which is what, ~30 seconds?) I've just started on doing any kind of buildup necessary to get you out from under brume and sapped. So you'd run through your entire combat at least twice before I was ready to do anything, and would scamper off. I got you sapped good a few times, but love potion ultimately sprang you and you'd flee. Nothing I can really do will stop your night flight ability, and it bypasses all my demesne, my briar walls, and the 6 pathtwists I had setup (three in either direction you'd be forced to run through). Between the brumetower and night, you could essentially ignore my demesne, except as an annoying 10 second paralysis tick. Basically, you had a love-potion-stopped barghest hitting you - but with no chance to stun. 
    It's the ultimate standoff, you don't leave your demense, they don't leave their Brume.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2013
    Yep, and their fae (hitting at 10 seconds now) totally outpace my demesne in afflictions and vitals 
    damage, especially on the ground where I only have one damage effect. You even have stun happening, like  a mage demesne.
  • SD really are mostly just a set and forget class with a small number of basic aliases required.

So long as your curing is up to par and you stay aware, winning seems far too easy. Certainly much much easier than MD. :(

Also, nerf that dumb escape skill. So much hate.
    So much hate for flight recently, people just need to scent and follow more.

Want frustrating? Fighting a MD and then having to redef half your stuff because f##king Dark. Oh and full and that goddamn shield, it's like going up against someone who spams serpent endlessly...

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    5 seconds of barrier is like one health apply. Pretty manageable.
    edited July 2013
    Time it takes for you to catch up to someone who hits flight isn't really any longer, if anything it's faster dependant on how many rooms they moved.

This discussion has been closed.