Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited July 2013
    I can't scent and chase people who run away, sadface. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Enyalida said:
    I can't scent and chase people who run away, sadface. 
    You could, it just means leaving your meld.

Which we all know causes a Druid to age rapidly and crumble to dust like the guy who drinks from the wrong cup in the Last Crusade, so it's a risk I suppose.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    No, no, no, it's more like schwarz thrown outside in (the first) total recall, as his eyes bug out.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I agree, nerf focus mind.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Draylor said:
    SD really are mostly just a set and forget class with a small number of basic aliases required.

So long as your curing is up to par and you stay aware, winning seems far too easy. Certainly much much easier than MD. :(

Also, nerf that dumb escape skill. So much hate.
    Could be worse, it could work when off EQ like it used too.
  • Draylor said:

SD really are mostly just a set and forget class with a small number of basic aliases required.

So long as your curing is up to par and you stay aware, winning seems far too easy. Certainly much much easier than MD. :(

Also, nerf that dumb escape skill. So much hate.

Ehhh. This is only true against people who have smaller mana pools. For folks with high intelligence, it's just about timing (just like a Druid) with less movement hindering. The barghest stun is only a 50% chance and only if you're not deaf (you should keep earwort up against a SD to avoid it). When it does stun, you don't get the paralysis.

Even with twist, it's not "set-and-forget." If you have a nice mana pool, I need to get you to about 85-88% mana and then time my twist to hit right before banshee to ensure a toad. Outside of the arena, kill the banshee and I can't kill you. It takes you two hits to kill it, and costs me 1p to summon it, meaning you can keep me from killing you indefinitely, as I still need to time it.

In the arena, you have to be a little cautious and track the timing. If you hinder me or shield right before banshee, I'll never be able to kill you. Doing that ensures I have to hinder you before banshee hits so you can't shield, which means I can't pressure vitals enough to kill you unless you get overconfident.

Since I'm Healing, it's quite literally 100% about timing, for both my offensive and your defense. If you learn the timing of my attacks, you can pretty much make sure I can't do anything to you (the twists past double aeon are inconsequential, being stupidity, throat lock, and leg lock. You'll cure before I regain balance.).

As for Flight, I freely admit its very good. However, it's very, very pricey. In order to flight far enough to really matter 1v1, I have to spend 5 or 6 power. Toad costs 8 and twist costs 1, so if I flight out of demesne, I have to wait a while before I can resume my offense. In groups, it's no worse than serpent, true heal, hermit, or empress.

(Flight costs 1p to move 2 rooms, you have no control over where you go, and has a decent EQ cost.)

And yes, it is pretty poopy that I sat under brume the whole fight. But, unless it changes, it's a tool at my disposal that I'm going to use. It's sort of like making someone come to you in your demesne - it's something neither one of us really want to have to do, but it's the only way we can ensure our survival. :(
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited July 2013
    I can't take any wiccan saying their combat is harder than (class here) seriously when they have access to beast sleep + dwhammy sleep/sleep.

Especially with improved hexes and faster fae (especially banshee/pixie).

Really, just set your fae, then do that combo 1-2s along with force metawake off before the fae tick. 
  • Shuyin said:

I can't take any wiccan saying their combat is harder than (class here) seriously when they have access to beast sleep + dwhammy sleep/sleep

I don't think any Wiccan has said it's truly difficult in this tangent. It's actually really, really easy. It is also, however, very easy to throw a wrench in it. Perhaps not as easy if said Wiccan is Hexen.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Shuyin said:
    I can't take any wiccan saying their combat is harder than (class here) seriously when they have access to beast sleep + dwhammy sleep/sleep.

Really, just set your fae, then do that combo 1-2s along with force metawake off before the fae tick. 
    Do exactly that. Basically the same thing I have to do every time as a Tarotist to kill, but instead of sleep its anorexia/impatience (yours is better). Time your ents before your fight. They are on a 10 second timer, so the important ones balance on your own timer. Order them to attack yourself, and passify at 9 seconds. You can also make echoes inbetween your ents attacking letting you know when the next time they attack, so you can passify at 9 seconds midcombat. You probably only need to time two ents (banshee/pixie) and can let the rest just attack.

Order banshee kill @target
    Order pixie kill @target
    Order @target metawake off
    beast order poison spit @target
    whammy @target sleep sleep

Should be what you do every time you doublehex sleep. Also, since fae is on 10 second timer, it meshes up well with beasts.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Why's everyone giving all these ideas for a Hexen Wiccan all the sudden? The thought is certainly appreciated. It just seems out of place in this tangent.
  • Kio said:
    Re: Healing.
    You still have options. I took healing myself and am still managing to get a few sneaky kills with aurashift. ;)
  • Shuyin said:

You say that like we don't know how to play our class, heh. We're fully aware, I promise you :)
  • Draylor said:
    Kio said:
    Re: Healing.
    You still have options. I took healing myself and am still managing to get a few sneaky kills with aurashift. ;)
    Because you can cast aeon, probably.  Aurashift neurosis + pixie isn't enough for SD to sleep someone reliably. Double sleep from Twist is second twist.  Double aeon is third.  No one will ever stay asleep for the 3.2 seconds it takes for me to get to double aeon, and if they do, I have no way to perpetuate the sleeplock outside of pixie and beastcloud, and once I get past the third twist, I can't aeon until the final twist.  By then, all the effort is a waste.

The only offensively minded thing SD can reliably do with Healing is Aurawarp + Scourge spam, and even that's a waste if someone has the right curing priorities.

Neurosis pulses on an 8 second tic, and fae are on a 10 second tic, so it's really only a stroke of luck if neurosis strips insomnia right before a pixie tic.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I'm just saying that playing as a wiccan can't be that hard when that tactic is something you literally just keep doing until it sticks and they die. It's simple but effective.
  • Shuyin said:
    I'm just saying that playing as a wiccan can't be that hard when that tactic is something you literally just keep doing until it sticks and they die. It's simple but effective.
    It's not really something a SD can keep doing.  We have four tries to stick it with aeon before having to steal and retwist to aeon.  It's just not worth it when you can do more with Hexes and final twist.  Also, no one has said playing as a wiccan is hard in the first place when you consider the general population.  I'm sure there are plenty of other combinations that are just as easy as Hexes + Wiccan.  It's simply not very relevant when the tangent here split off from a conversation of a Wiccan Healer fighting a Hartstone Dreamweaver.

If I wanted to kill everyone without having to try, sure I'd just go Hexes.  But I like Healing.  It's viable *and* RP-fun.
  • Healing is awesome.

That is all.
  • Fun times with @Tacita!  I think this will be the last time I do that, though.  I feel like too many people know now :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited July 2013
    Since when were you SD, Kio?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:

Since when were you SD, Kio?

Umm. Almost a week now, I think. The RP suits Kio better.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Serenguard tribal dancing.

I want to see more of these!!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    So along with their new awesome reactions, it looks like Shikari's Worgs got a couple of new bashing lines.

And I love them <3

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    >---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #332 ]---------------------------<
       Entered by: Iosai the Anomaly                    Date: 2013-07-03 14:41:00

o Phantom Spheres now show up on ILLUSIONS with their current room.

o You will no longer be able to passively regenerate mana a few points
       over maximum.

o Wildarrane's NatureRhythm will no longer reduce your current health,
       mana, and ego to maximum if they are over that.

o Phantasms Reality's trigger line now properly respects blackout.

o You can now BURY items on the floor through selfishness.
    >------------------------------------------------------------------------------<
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    That second one is brilliant for me when trying to get vitality up and having to sip;vitality or just furiously mash the button.

Message #39 sent by (system) (received: 2013/07/03 15:08:47)
       Your design #19338 of a red rose vial with wreathing vines was approved.
    @Golas @Zinnaella @Calythan @Eilir

^-- Awesomeness. Right there. Thank you guys.
  • @Zvoltz and @Talan.

:x

Now to try and catch some board members so this thing can happen.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Short, vibrant green hair curls around the pointed ears of this tiny fae, matching her large, 
    soulful green eyes. Completely skyclad, her soft purple skin is mottled with darker splotches along 
    the front of her limbs and torso, as though shadows have been cast across her body. When at rest, 
    she hunches down against the ground, somehow blending into her surroundings as she stares fixedly at 
    the world around her.

HOORAY!  I got a foxglove!  Though, its flower doesn't have a decay time like the snoefaasia orchid.  Does this me she's permanent?
This discussion has been closed.