Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• Rave: Aetherhunt of awesome (after being mobbed b y 9 critters and dying twice) turned into aetherflare! Yay, empathing finally. Though, 20 slivvens is a bit much, all the blowing up happened. Still, was tons of fun. We'll get Xion back, for sure.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Ceana said:
    Rave:
    A new dawn arises as you begin your duties as the Great Chieftain of the Seren. In a glorious blaze, the Living Rod of Hart and Moon appears above your head and descends into your hands.

I can do this job, guys, really.

Okay, sort of. :-S
    COMMUNE/GUILD PRIVS is your friend. ;)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Nelras said:
    Rave for being a demigod
    It started as an aetherhunt with Saoirse in Archangel. Then we ended up moving the whole thing to The Dragonfly Fields. Then about an hour into that, Sidonie woke up and took over. Total hunt time? OVER SIX HOURS. On the plus side, I now know that if I could manage to take enough stimulants, Tridemon could literally siphon for a week. Straight.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Ceana said:
    Rave:
    A new dawn arises as you begin your duties as the Great Chieftain of the Seren. In a glorious blaze, the Living Rod of Hart and Moon appears above your head and descends into your hands.

I can do this job, guys, really.

Okay, sort of. :-S
    You'll be fine, it sounds like you were kind of thrown into the deep end with an aetherflare occuring at an inopportune time.  As said earlier, COMMUNE PRIVS and GUILD PRIVS will be your most useful commands for a while.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tridemon said:
    Nelras said:
    Rave for being a demigod
    It started as an aetherhunt with Saoirse in Archangel. Then we ended up moving the whole thing to The Dragonfly Fields. Then about an hour into that, Sidonie woke up and took over. Total hunt time? OVER SIX HOURS. On the plus side, I now know that if I could manage to take enough stimulants, Tridemon could literally siphon for a week. Straight.
    You mean you've never bashed 6 hours straight before?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• No. But then again, I'm using the java client... And it's a little hard to find a hunting ground that'll stand up to 6 hours straight of hunting. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • So glad to be finished with Order scrolls.  We have an advancement system!

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Tridemon said:
    Nelras said:
    Rave for being a demigod
    I missed the first part of that hunt, only joined when I logged in on TDF and Saoirse was piloting a hunt
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tridemon said:
    No. But then again, I'm using the java client... And it's a little hard to find a hunting ground that'll stand up to 6 hours straight of hunting. 
    Ah, the Java client, you have my sympathies.

The idea isn't to bash just one area for 6 hours, you move about and have a circuit.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SHIIIIIKAAAAAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII <3
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Tridemon. :D Only sorry I'm falling asleep at the keyboard and had to go.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited July 2013
    I feel the same way about @Shikari's. :)

Edit: We spent at least an hour just playing with them after they got unveiled tonight.
  • Totally not posting mine. The sheer badassitude would cause your eyes to burst from your skull and your heart would rip itself out of your chest, walk to the closest UPS store, and overnite ship itself to me.

Again I say, Shikari <3

No, really. I think I love you.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    ...I would like a stole...
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • What are stoles..?
  • Aerotan said:
    What are stoles..?
    It's like a curio mask, but for order members.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Having a polite conversation with an old friend/acquaintance who is returning to Lusternia after a long absence, and it gives me a reason to play in Hallifax again.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited July 2013
    See above. The same goes for me!
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited July 2013
    Skillset:                      Skill: Death
       Guild: Cacophony           Status: Approved Jun 2013

Problem: The current speed of regrouping makes changing the momentum of combat very 
    difficult. If your enemies just wiped you out but can't even break your demense before 
    you are back on them then the encounter changes from a well strategized fight to a race 
    to turtle up and shut your enemies out. It devalues killing strategic targets and 
    favors lemming style mindless combat.

Solution #1: Make it so that when a demigod dies that they are restricted to the havens 
    or some other area for a set period of time or pay an essence cost to leave early.
    Solution #2: Same as solution 1 but the early release option is only available after 25 
    seconds.
    Solution #3: Change conglutination to no longer be instant. Give it a set delay before 
    you pop back at your nexus.

Furies' Decision:
    Solution 2+3.

This report will be a gamechanger.

• Oh man. That's freaking awesome!

What about essence costs? Will it be the same essence to Phoenix with an added cost to leave early, or will it be a much reduced cost when you die, but similar costs to the old Phoenix to get out early?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ur'stone just got way more valuable.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    All vitae-like abilities got a bit more situationally useful too.
  • All resurrection abilities, in fact.

Good change.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    My record is unbroken. Think that puts me at 16/16. Woo.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Elanorwen said:
    As the velvet stole brushes against your shoulders, your very flesh pales and begins to crystallise; transformed, your skin shines as unblemished, porcelain gemstone, held aloft by wings of unfurled stone. Thus sculpted by the hands of She Once Called Compassion, myriad sorrow, joy, and rage suffuses your being; overwhelmed, your hands seek to veil your eyes, completing your transformation into a statue of a weeping angel.

I know that's not what it's a reference to, but my first thought was.... Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast, faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink. Good luck.

I believe it's a reference to the Isune events. From Isune, Wings of Compassion(?) to her title before aesthete and the Glade of Isune event, too.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    @Tridemon for fun in the... Water.

@Cadfael for a freaking awesome hunting and post-hunting session. I'm really close to my goal now!
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Raves for Hallifax's securing two villages. Everyone worked together effectively and efficiently!

All hail the mighty Emperor!

This discussion has been closed.