Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• You give a wax phial containing Elixir of the Mind to a kephera princess.
    Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
    A kephera princess says, "Ah, it is the time of testing already?"

(Stefan's Squad): Flarya says, "I am."

A kephera princess drinks a wax phial containing Elixir of the Mind in one gulp. Her compound eyes
    suddenly flare with a bright emerald light, as she places her hands upon her temples and moves her
    head back and forth as though searching for something. Then, her head suddenly snaps up and she
    smiles grimly.

You see a kephera princess shout, "I challenge Hive Queen Sethetmun!"

Stefan nods his head emphatically.

Hive Queen Sethetmun shouts, "Ha! Do you think you are the reincarnation of Great Zenobia, little
    one? Then come to us and we shall see!"

Effervescent motes of light conduct a graceful dance about your form as you gaze into the distance,
    forming the image of Flarya in your mind's eye.

A kephera princess exclaims, "Please take me to Hive Queen Sethetmun so I may meet her in psionic
    combat!"
    A kephera princess begins following you.

You have recovered equilibrium.

A kephera princess says, "We must hurry before the elixir wears off! We only have moments."

The motes swirl rapidly about your figure as you languidly stretch a hand through the ether towards
    Flarya. Gathering the domothean energies in your hand, you step confidently through the light.
    Stefan follows you ether.
    Kelshion follows you ether.

Queen's study.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A marble pedestal rises
    up from the floor here. There are 6 kephera warriors here. Queen Sethetmun judiciously holds court
    here, a puzzled look upon her insectoid features. Blazing with scintillating colours, an Orb of the
    Queens of Keph vibrates above the white marble pedestal, knotted within lines of energy that travel
    off into the walls. Rajakumari Flarya Eli'Silar, the Aslaran Glitterbug is here. She wields a tahto
    of glittering onyx and amethyst swirls with both hands.
    You see a single exit leading down.
    Hive Queen Sethetmun says, "Ah, so now we see shall what is what! Are you ready, little one?"

You beckon to Flarya.

A kephera princess exclaims, "Indeed, Hive Queen Sethetmun, I am ready. I wonder if you are!"

Circling each other, Hive Queen Sethetmun and a kephera princess stare at each other, their compound
    eyes aglow.

Flarya begins to follow you.

You beckon to Flarya.

Though there is no sound between them, an electric current flares throughout the room.

Finally, Hive Queen Sethetmun steps towards a kephera princess, who straightens up, eyes flaring
    like emerald suns. Slowly Hive Queen Sethetmun backs away, her antennae flattening back, then slowly
    bowing to a kephera princess.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across your lips as you glance at Flarya.

Hive Queen Sethetmun bows respectfully to a kephera princess.
    Hive Queen Sethetmun exclaims, "You are the Great Queen Zenobia, come back to us. I pledge my banner
    to you!"

A kephera princess says, "We accept your pledge, Hive Queen Sethetmun."

A kephera princess says, "Come, Tetra, let us return to our chambers."
    With a nod, a kephera princess departs.
    You follow a kephera princess to the Chamber of the Queen of Queens.
    Stefan follows you ether.
    Flarya follows you ether.
    Kelshion follows you ether.

Chamber of the Queen of Queens.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Austere golden minarets stand together to form this tall shrine,
    whorls of golden flame dancing betwixt with a soft crackle. There are 2 kephera attendants here.
    There are 4 kephera warriors here. A young kephera princess stands regally here, her compound eyes
    glowing like fiery emeralds.
    You see a single exit leading down.

A kephera princess says, "Thank you, Tetra, for all that you have done for me. You will be
    remembered! Now, I fulfill my destiny."

A kephera princess raises her hands above her head and tilts back her head back toward the ceiling.
    You see a kephera princess shout, "We are Zenobia, the Queen of Queens! We have returned to keep our
    promise to contain the evil one, who is now many."

The psychic web that infuses the Undervault vibrates with an intensity that makes the very rocks
    sing with an intense vibrant tone.

A pulsing light surrounds a kephera princess, whose form begins to expand, her abdomen distending
    and beginning to glow.

(Celest): You say, "The Queen of Queens reigns once more."

Zenobia the Queen of Queens stretches and looks around, her body still growing at an amazing speed
    within the center of the psychic web that spans throughout the Undervault.

You feel a slight tug within your chest and the air around you sparkles with motes of bright light.

You see Zenobia the Queen of Queens shout, "Let it be known that the ancient evil is contained!
    Rejoice for we have returned stronger and more vigilant than ever before!"
    The cheers of the kephera resound across the Undervault as Zenobia is crowned the Queen of Queens,
    sovereign of the kephera hives.
    You gain a new honour!

The psychic static that engulfs the Undervault roars to a crackling stream of psionic power as the
    Queen of Queens adds her thoughts to the Hive Queens' web.

Flarya shouts out a happy "Yay!"

Among the sparkling motes of light, a translucent figure appears in the air and then quickly
    solidifies as Tridemon, riding a sleek snow phoenix with wings of golden ice, comes into view.
    A swirl of glittering frost drives the temperature lower as a sleek snow phoenix with wings of
    golden ice soars into view from the ether.

Hive Queen Rashepera shouts, "With Great Queen Zenobia returned to us, let the ancient evil know
    despair!"

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Hive Queen Khementen shouts, "Praise be to the Queen of Queens! May she live forever!"

Tridemon mutters and traces the glowing symbol of a rose before him. He smiles as the rose floats
    towards him and enters his chest, making him somehow look much more attractive.

Kelshion smiles softly.

Hive Queen Imhohet shouts, "Welcome back, Queen of Queens. May you reign supreme!"

Tears fill Stefan's eyes and begin to slowly run down his face.

You smile softly at Stefan.

(Celest): Xena (from the Aetherways) says, "Nice."

Brother Tetra Alin'dor grips Stefan's shoulder in acknowledgement.

Gibor, Kelshion Kirion, Sabara Akas says, "Hmm."

You hug Stefan compassionately.

Stefan exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from his lungs.

Flarya's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Brother Stefan laughingly says, "Well. Now what am I going to do with the rest of my life."

Your eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Rajakumari Flarya Eli'Silar, the Aslaran Glitterbug says to Stefan, "Your marks."

Kelshion shrugs helplessly.

Flarya nods her head sagely.

(Stefan's Squad): You say, "Good work, everyone."

Gibor, Kelshion Kirion, Sabara Akas says, "I didn't get credit. No big deal."

(Stefan's Squad): You say, "We couldn't have done it without you."

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• More raves for the little ones.  I can't even begin to laud on them enough.  They went from being four random folk who just wandered off and died to becoming a cohesive group with a working strategy between the first and second fight.

I'm so proud to be in the Glomdoring right now, and I'm even more proud to be able to help these little ones form these sorts of connections.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Three pilots now that I trust: @Sidonie @Cadfael aaaand... @Aramel!

Thanks for the fun trip! :D Those aetherbubbles were cool!
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    You stand tall and arc your back, becoming one with the element of water. Your
    flesh shimmers and roils, and your body transmutes into a liquid form.
    You feel the link to your phantom sphere disintegrate.
    (a) 1081h, 5351m, 7866e, 0p, 24900en, 25871w BesSixkd-(-200m, 3.1%)
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • My protege who isn't even a supramortal, killing three Gaudis, including Persayis in single combat.

Ah...

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Tetra said:
    My protege who isn't even a supramortal, killing three Gaudis, including Persayis in single combat.

Ah...
    Oh god it was far from single. I wish >_>
  • edited July 2013
    Zyphora said:
    Despite having the advantage of village feelings, the Talthos revolt victory was largely in part due to our dependable alliance members. Only four Hallifaxians influencing in a peaced revolt against two other orgs, haha... Thanks, Celest and Seren! Definitely couldn't have done it without you. That mist thing was pretty cool too. And thanks for keeping on going, Hallifax; your relentlessness convinced me to keep racing around when I was tired and ready to drop out. @Maellio @Elanorwen @Yatrius Hooray, teamwork!

Talthos is also my least favorite village for the present moment. (SHUFFLE, YOU INGRATES.)
    Once we did it with something like a handful of serenwilders and ONE HALLIFAXIAN (morbo). HA! We rock. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You wildly jab a Wyrdling katana of red and gold at Zenobia the Queen of Queens. You plunge your katana into her, driving it deep.
    The point of the blade thrusts through Zenobia the Queen of Queens's body and emerges from her back, jolting her upright as an expression of horror 
    crosses her face. She finally slides off the blade, dropping to the ground with a thud.
    You have slain Zenobia the Queen of Queens.
    [XP counter]: You have gained -47711 essence. 928 seconds have passed since your last gain. You are gaining -50304 essence per hour.false

A king's ransom of golden sovereigns spills from the corpse.
    You grab the gold and distribute it to Morkarion's Squad.
    You keep 9573 for yourself.
    A noisy clockwork yoyo catches the corpse of Zenobia the Queen of Queens with its spin and draws it up into your hands.
    You dig your sharp beak into the fresh corpse and slurp up a few of the most delicious organs. Yum, nothing like carrion!
    13484h, 6578m, 8580e, 10p elrkd<>-(+22m, 0.3%) 
    The crackling psychic web that covers the Undervault suddenly diminishes as the Queen of Queens is impossibly slain by Morkarion.
    You gain a new honour!
    You have received the Dread Lord of Contagion as a quest reward!
    You have completed the Illithoid Cycle, and are awarded the title Dark Reaper of the Illithoid and a notable honours!

Woooo!

Huge thanks to @Xenthos for working tirelessly to get that bloody net down. And thanks to Aerdiya, Athree, Armaros, Cauthorn, Hyde, Kaina, Kio, Marcella, Shuyin and Xenthos (again!) for coming to kill the oversized bug :D

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Squishy squishersquish.
  • I made more gold from that one kill than I have all IRL month.
  • edited July 2013
    Morkarion said:
    Huge thanks to @Xenthos for working tirelessly to get that bloody net down. And thanks to Aerdiya, Athree, Armaros, Cauthorn, Hyde, Kaina, Kio, Marcella, Shuyin and Xenthos (again!) for coming to kill the oversized bug :D
    You're welcome.

ALSO, happy 21st birthday, self!

13160 gold, 15 dingbats, 9 credits, experience gain and TF. Also nausea. So much nausea.
    @Sidonie for a fun AHunt.

@Aramel for awesomeness. :D
  • A new dawn arises as you begin your duties as the Execumatrix Magnificus. In a glorious blaze, the Chronicles of Time appears above your head and descends into your hands.
    Execumatrix Kiradawea Startail Wave physicist has just filled the vacant position as Administrator of Institute

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    @Anita and @Aramel. <3 you guys.
  • Talking with @kio is always fun, it's interesting learning what he's going to do next. Also I think he scared the bejesus out of someone with his ritual. It was awesome.

His smile cruel, yet somehow heartwarming, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Come, my 
    Coven. I shall lead you back to the forest."

Penumbra Nepenthes Silent Cleric smiles thankfully. 
  • Daem said:
    Talking with @kio is always fun, it's interesting learning what he's going to do next. Also I think he scared the bejesus out of someone with his ritual. It was awesome.

His smile cruel, yet somehow heartwarming, Acolyte Kio d'Illici, Enigma of Twilight says, "Come, my 
    Coven. I shall lead you back to the forest."

Penumbra Nepenthes Silent Cleric smiles thankfully. 
    I don't ever know why! Kio is all about sunshine and rainbows and butterflies!
  • Queen Valonah Bel'Fiore, Soul of Darkness smiles and says, "I hereby name you Priest Kio, Herald of the Long Night."

...yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuus

<3
  • Oh my...

Taking a long drag from an ornate hookah, you release a puff of golden smoke that coils through the air and transforms into an image of Ixion smoking in a corner while a mysterious god is yelling for him.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    /me tracks down the lost Ixion.
  • KioKio
    edited July 2013
    Ixion said:

Oh my...

Taking a long drag from an ornate hookah, you release a puff of golden smoke that coils through the air and transforms into an image of Ixion smoking in a corner while a mysterious god is yelling for him.

I'll say it.

While I can appreciate the thought put into all the special stuff for IREcon goers, I'm a little torn with the idea of in-game interactions that are available only to them. For example, why is Xenthos able to use the hookah that is obviously readily available in the room, but Kio cannot? The only explanation is OOC, which leaves a little gap in immersion.

When the announce went up that there was an addition to the inn to commemorate IREcon, I was a little leery. However, the design fit the world really well and was actually pretty neat.

Not being able to explain why some people can use the things in the addition and some people cannot, however, is leaving a small thorn in my RP side.

Again, I appreciate the idea of commemorating the experience. I do not, however, want to see any more OOC interactions like this. It frightens me to think that more may come, though I doubt it would. In the back of my mind, I remind myself that this is probably something that was taken into consideration when the idea of a commemorative area was thought up.

Regardless, the thought and design are nice. However, I hope this will be the only time I am required to use an OOC explanation for IC interaction.

(Panicked no social skills Kio mode activate: I hope this doesn't come all harsh and pitchforky. I just wanted to bring up that there are folks who enjoy Lusternia over other games because the quality of the immersion, the RP, and the creative player base. Little things like this can turn into big things, and I hope I never have to explain to someone stumbling across the addition that they can't use anything but the slot machine because the only truthful reason I can give will require breaking character.)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    It's the hoop snake all over again!   :-t
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited July 2013

Xenthos said:
    /me tracks down the lost Ixion.
    Lost is a matter of perspective. I knew where I was! (also, darn all you cool kids and your fancy visual maps! I enjoyed seeing everyone's, but I don't think I'd want one)

Taking a long drag from an ornate hookah, you release a puff of azure smoke that coils through the air and transforms into an image of Estarra posing ridiculously in a pair of high heels. A high heel flies across the sky and bops Kio over the head.

There you go Kio
  • The joke is lost on me :(

And no, no. I'm not trying to raise a stink about it! I just wanted to toss out a reminder that things with explicit OOC reasoning are tough on people to explain IC. :(
  • edited July 2013
    It's about the same as the solstice gnomes or any other OOC holiday type event/item/interaction.

Some like it, some don't. In a world of magic and gods anything can be 'explained' under such, I'd be willing to bet as much anyhow (with my fancy new ooc derived but IC manifested poker chip *tease*).

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I personally do not have a problem with everyone being able to use the dance floor / hookah / pool. Only thing that might be different would be to write one generic message for the hookah that general users see (an estate, large pool, singing gods) and can leave the commemorative ones flagged as they are. But everyone can enjoy some dancing or cannonballing!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Why not just close this place off and only allow access to the people with the items gained from this meet?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
This discussion has been closed.