Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Celina said:

"B-A-N-A-N-A-S."

Hey, look. It's the Night.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2014

The Night is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S. I ain't no holla back Princess.

edit: P.S. Hi hi. Hope you haven't burned down the forest.

• Aiyana said:
    Message #1753 sent by Estarra (received: 2014/01/12 22:04:59)
       ... sentient! ... ROCKEATER

The end is nigh.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

• Celina said:

Only that one time, but that was so not our fault! I swear!
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Celina said:

Nope, just ate a bit of it during my time as Wyrdenwood.... sorry, I got hungry. :/

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • And besides, we're allied with Gaudi now. Burning kinda comes with the territory.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    edited January 2014
    And Gaudi's allied with Seren. How's that make you feeeeel.

Totally just realized it. Gaudi is plotting to destroy both forests behind their back in one fell swoop...good move, Gaudi...good move. 
  • edited January 2014
    Munsia said:

Totally just realized it. Gaudi is plotting to destroy both forests behind their back in one fell swoop...good move, Gaudi...good move. 

Crap, she's onto us. GAUDI SQUAD MOVE OUT. 

*Nobutsrsly, the extent of Gaudi-Seren is "Oh, okay, we won't directly screw with your organization on prime/eth/elemental/cosmic but ya'll are free game anywhere else"

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Bad deal for gaudi
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Munsia said:

NAP's aren't alliances, they're just mutual agreements you're not going to shit in the other's garden.

Considering the last raid on any org supermob was serenwilde on the Fleshpots, I'd say Serenwilde totally pulled a fast one. Well played.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Considering the only real punishment for breaking a NAP is..breaking the NAP, it's not like it's a big deal.

"You can't attack us, but if you do, we can attack you"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited January 2014
    Order beasts. They came out of my mouth. So happy.

(well one did. My babbyyyy)
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Well, what are they?
    edited January 2014
    Egregores! Inherents are: Chameleon, Cast Hypnoticgaze, Influence Seduction, Influence Empower and Influence Paranoia

An unformed egregore
    A skin of translucent membranes lies over the cocoon of this unformed egregore, pulsing softly in 
    time with strange, shifting organs within. Little more than brightly-coloured bladders of energy, or 
    smears of glimmering paint against all but invisible bones, the internal organs are at once 
    startlingly visible and indistinct. Reality churns slightly at the edges, twisting this way and that.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Whoa, hypnotic gaze inherent is niice.

Wait what, this is non credit inherents?
  • Yes, most beasts have inherents. Order beasts are no different, but they are just only available to order members.

Lerad said:
    Yes, most beasts have inherents. Order beasts are no different, but they are just only available to order members.
    Most beasts have one or two..that's a lot of inherents for no credits >_>
  • Order beasts are usually pretty damn good, yes. They cost dingbats instead of gold, though.

Yeah, but 90% of order beasts are 25 dingbats. That ain't no 25 dingbat pet.

They rival worgs quite nicely, worgs get aggression, bodyguard, armour and battle for inherents. Comes to 410 points.

Hypnoticgaze is 200, Chameleon 70 and the influences are all 50 each, so you get +10 points. The best thing there is chameleon is free, so you can just ramp up the intellect so you have mana to use hypnotic gaze without making it a wet paper towel with no health.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

And please, don't overplay the worth of the influencing abilities. Yes, they take 50 trains, but come on now. :P

-

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Worgs are the still the best, yeah.

• Vivet said:
    Worgs Hydras are the still the best, yeah.
    Fixed.
    Eritheyl said:
    And please, don't overplay the worth of the influencing abilities. Yes, they take 50 trains, but come on now. :P
    I threw all the influencing abilities onto my Worg to make it a PvE mobile.

Depends on the job though @Vivet, Hydras are still effing amazing at PK.

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Morkarion said:
    Eritheyl said:

They are? I have yet to see even one used.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:
    Eritheyl said:

They are? I have yet to see even one used.
    Chameleon and Poison spit as inherents? That's two of the main points to a PK beast. Weaken influence is useful in some areas and scale is situationally useful, but the 270 points on Cham/Spit are two of the main things any PK beast I set up has.

• Innate poison is on the same level as innate hypnoticgaze. Poison is probably the most useful beastmastery ability out there due to the ability to control it and the guarantee'd rub (though still subject to shrugging). I won't say a beast with innate poison is heads-and-shoulders above all other beasts, but it's probably harder to find a PvP beast without poison than one with. That alone means that a beast with innate poison is one of the most useful choices available for a PvPer.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

My beast never had poison! Or hypnoticgaze for that matter. And it's even collared.

This discussion has been closed.