Lack of Raves V: Stark Ravin' Glad

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Poison can be nice, as can chameleon, but bodyguard and armour are both more universally useful. Especially if you're not tanky.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    You were carried by Shuck tho.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited January 2014

I was Queen with a worg before I was champion with Shuck!

Plus gaze and poison don't do anything Shuck did. Personally I used the Ascendant beast power that drained a itty bit of mana and the minorbreathe to boost my OP nightgaze damage.

edit: CARRIED?!?!

• Well we all know Shuck was where the power of SD combatants were. I mean, just look at what happened: Shuck was nerfed, and now the SD GC can't do anything.
    edited January 2014
    Standard response by most people to losing to a GC champ these days.

Apparently there was an envoy report that would have gone in if they had  continued requesting that if the GC SD kills someone, the deathsight has to note it was really Shuck's kill.

Bodyguard has little purpose in PvP, it's situationally useful as RNG mitigation vs domoth mobs, armour is great but Chameleon means unless they're paying attention they don't even see the beast to hit it, or know it's there to kill after you die.

Armour + Chameleon is of course the winning combination.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited January 2014

They nerfed shuck?!?!

edit: Rave for faithful Ssaliss, always keeping my seat warm. ;)

• Celina said:

They nerfed shuck?!?!

edit: Rave for faithful Ssaliss, always keeping my seat warm. ;)

Fairly sure they did. Then again, all I've been using him for is to keep me company.
    Kio got sick of people thinking Shuck was the only reason he was beating them into the ground, so he a blanket report across all GC ents.

Ahh, it's comforting to know some complaints never change
  • Well, to be fair, no one's complained about Shuck since 9/15/2013
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited January 2014
    Morkarion said:
    Kio got sick of people thinking Shuck was the only reason he was beating them into the ground, so he a blanket report across all GC ents.
    Well, no... there was also the part where someone who shall remain unnamed... i.e. the Nihilist envoy buffed hexes... and of course, all you need in the case of Shuck is well... to time a final twist with his throatlock shot and your target is going to end up way behind in anything. I have no clue how to play a Wiccan and I could probably stomp people with that combo... just saying.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited January 2014
    Edit: off topic! It's good to see you all again. It's also good to hear my legacy is intact.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Celina said:
    People who don't know how to reset their sipping priorities will absolutely lose to that combo every time.
    See, that's one of those things that not everyone knows how to do... or that they should do it in the first place, hence the problem.

Not sure about Shuck being nerfed... if memory serves, that report is still hanging at submitted due to overhaul in progress.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • edited February 2014

• @Xena for being awesome for taking the time to go over stuff with me.
  • Tavon said:
    @Xena for being awesome for taking the time to go over stuff with me.
    Three cheers for helpful people!

(This originally said 'three cheers for helping novices', but upon looking at your honours you clearly aren't.)
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Lillie said:
    Three cheers for helpful people!

(This originally said 'three cheers for helping novices', but upon looking at your honours you clearly aren't.)
    I'm the oldest newbie around.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

I don't know why people continue to post things that are just wrong. (Celina buffed hexes, not the Nihilist envoy).

Mugwumps break hexes. And Mugwumps got buffed.
    Level 3 Eq just shouldn't exist. (Also, no balance or eq bonus should exist in the first place).

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:

I don't know why people continue to post things that are just wrong. (Celina buffed hexes, not the Nihilist envoy). 
    Because who lets facts get in the way of a good complaining session?

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Pretty sure Celina was the one who used 'Crown' as an excuse on envoys to not nerf something. 
    I've never used Crown, no idea what you are talking about. I also buffed hexes. Wumps are fine, nihilists are not IMO. My original report wasn't actually implemented though. I was still happy with the results!
  • edited January 2014
    I just want to throw out a big rave for whichever admin has been precipitating my RP. You know who You are (even if I don't) and I just wanna give a bottom-of-my-heart thank you to whoever it is that's helping Lillie's roleplay grow by leaps and bounds. You're what's kept me coming back even when having to RP a bootlicking Mag serf (supervisor technically, but if you're not Marquessa you're nothing)

(Sorry, @Munsia, the stutter stays)
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

edited January 2014
    Lillie said:

Sure, doesn't mean Lillie will stay. 
    This idea that you can stutter in mag and still be a mag is kind of misguided. If you ever get Marquessa, and still stutter and use 'um' and act timid and stuff? There will be a larger upheaval than you may think. That's not Mag RP...and that's what you're going to be fighting against. As long as you're aware that's the drama you're in for, you can do whatever you want.

@Celina I'm talking about when you and Fillin duked it out on Envoy report and used 'Crown can handle it' as an excuse. 
  • edited January 2014
    Munsia said:
    Lillie said:

Sure, doesn't mean Lillie will stay. 
    This idea that you can stutter in mag and still be a mag is kind of misguided. If you ever get Marquessa, and still stutter and use 'um' and act timid and stuff? There will be a larger upheaval than you may think. That's not Mag RP...and that's what you're going to be fighting against. As long as you're aware that's the drama you're in for, you can do whatever you want.

@Celina I'm talking about when you and Fillin duked it out on Envoy report and used 'Crown can handle it' as an excuse. 
    Well, that would be some exciting RP then!

I can understand your frustration, but sometimes it's best to leave the RP to the game, and allow things to happen. Obviously @Lillie isn't averse to consequences for RP choices, so I really don't see him changing something that has been a part of the character since he rolled it 3+ years ago, unless there is monumental changes in the foundation of his being. XD
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    edited January 2014
    ragefest day.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk

I find it funny that multiple n'Lochli family members have developed a stutter.

Also I find it funny that someone can claim Mugwumps are fine but Nihilists are broken, when once again, the only thing broken by anything is the level 3 eq recovery making some skills way to fast (the entirety of Hexes, Ectoplasm spamming, twist) which creates the imbalance in the first place.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Obviously, stuttering should delegate you to pariah standing within Mag. To the Undercity with you!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Obviously, stuttering should delegate you to pariah standing within Mag. To the Undercity with you!
    I've been pushing for this with Lillie, to be honest. 
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Plotting. Wonderful, wonderful plotting. Raves to @Anita and someone else who is starting to get in on the plotting. They know who they are.
This discussion has been closed.