m&mf

Comments

• May have found a bit of a bug, most things seem to cure quite well but it seems to spam lucidity slush I've put an example in the text dump below, its happened on a few different occasions and it sips lucidity until you dv diagnose.

• It randomly thinks you have reckless and will sip and sip and sip. That does not seem to be the case here, but I beleive @Falmiis has noticed it as well

Not sure if @Synkarin is aware or has a fix, but he is usually good about getting updates out when he has a chance too.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Isn't that the arena problem? If so, there's a line Synkarin posted a page back that should fix it.

l
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ok - it's been awhile, I was waiting for the burn changes to come in, but they are taking forever so I went ahead and released another version

This fixes various bugs and makes improvements

Changelog:

Fixed the burns autoarena bug. Will no longer need to hotfix it with a lua command.

Fixed ice application line changing
    added better symptom lines for damagedlimbs
    better bedevil tracking with lucidity and steam
    fixed random lucidity sipping bug
    Other various fixes.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Awesome update, the way it updates is fairly impressive.

I'm having a little trouble with the parry and stance, I'm not sure if i'm doing something wrong but it dosn't set a parry on myself unless I do it manually. It just isnt listed in the defs.

I've tried mmconfig parry to make sure it says it will parry but maybe I've got the weighting set in a bad way?

Can you give me any advise on how to set the parry/stance system up properly?
    Honestly, stancing doesn't really work at the moment. It was removed from effecting warriors, and monks no longer do wounds. With the monk overhaul still on the horizon, I don't want to add a limb hitting system or something that could potentially change in a few months so at this point it's best to set and forget.

As far as parry, you can use the alias to set the numbers you want. I've typically have just been setting parry to whatever part needs defending the most and leaving it there.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ohh so stance is one the defunct mechanisms Gotcha.

The parry settings them, when I'm configing it gives me the option to set each body part to a number between 0-100. From the manual if I set all of them to 0 then it'll just parry the most wounded body part right?

Ideally, yeah - but as I said, I'm not sure it's working as intended. 

I'll see if I can't take a look at how it works soon to see.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thanks, as a bit of a related question what is the actual variable name you use to track wounds on limbs and the variable for health?

• Ah just did a bit of testing its got an issue with fire

It tries to apply ice, and that dosnt work. It just spams it and keeps getting back the message  "(apply ice to body)
    Restorative ice must be applied to one of the following limbs: head, chest, gut, larm, rrarm, lleg, 
    rleg."

• http://dumptext.com/iijsYOY5

seems its just the degree burns that is causing the bug.
    you probably have conf arena turned on

pu this in your command prompt 

'lua mm.conf.arena = false'

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Ah awesome that fixed it, thanks.
  • Hi just as a question the mmshowprios herb, config thing shows for example 

(110) recklessness
    (38) aeon
    (7) healhealth

The guide says that "Priorities are sorted in descending order - so the higher the number of a cure is, the more important it is."
    Does this essentially mean that in aeon the system is going to prioritize healing recklessness over that of aeon?

edited July 2016
    strictly speaking.. yes, it would

1) Aeon and recklessness are no longer herb cures, they are still on the list in case there is ever a reversion, but they are on steam and lucidity respectively now
    2) If you are afflicted with aeon, the system won't be considering herb (or steam) prios, it'll be considering the 'slow' prios (for aeon/sap/choke/retardation), at least until aeon is cured.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've just had a few difficulties with sap and aeon, sometimes it seems to cure it right other times it goes a bit haywire and starts doing things like sipping bromide in aeon. Or trying to clot in sap.

Thought it may be an issue with the priorities?

I cant see a mmshowprios slow or a mmshowprios slows

When I enter them in it just shows this:
    7615h, 5305m, 4920e, 10p, 20420en, 20420w Belrxkdb<>-mmshowprios slow
    (m&mf): slow balance priority list (clear gaps):
    mmshowprios slows
    (m&mf): slows balance priority list (clear gaps):
    7615h, 5305m, 4920e, 10p, 20420en, 20420w Belrxkdb<>-
    You can do 'mmshow' and an output will pop up, then you can click on the slow prios set and it'll show them. The queue itself probably has some other anme than slow that I happen not to remember off hand, which is why the alias doesn't work.

the out of box slowcuring priorities do need to be adjusted, they're not really great. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Thanks for the help x , I can see the details now. I'll have a play around with it to see if I can sort it out.
  • It looks like slowcuring has all the new cures right at the bottom of the list and all the old stuff still at the stop. Like its got asthma salve way up at (2522) and asthma (wafer) 209

So if it dosn't cure sap or aeon immediatly then it starts doing old stuff like clotting and sipping bromides which are sort of put in the middle down above curing important  with slush/wafer/ice/etc for stuff like paralysis or asthma.

I've made a few adjustments to mine but I just wanted to point that out on here so that everyone knows about it otherwise the first aeon or saps going to mess them up a little bit.

I was trying to make a quick way of fixing it but I couldnt quite get the swap command to work.

The example guide has it as:

mm.prio_swap("paranoia", "herb", 400)

But I wasnt sure what to put in the bits,

I tried something like 
    mm.prio_swap("anorexia (herb)", "slowcuring", "anorexia (focus)", "slowcuring", true) 

but it wasn't quite working for me, any advice on the right way to do it?
  • I've recently been having some trouble with the riding defence. In particular, I'd like to be able to be mounted, but not have the system try to mount if I get knocked off.

Right now, it seems like I have two options: if I'm keeping up the riding defense, the system tries to re-mount when I get knocked off. If I'm not keeping up the riding defense the system automatically dismounts if I try to mount something.

Strangely enough, this has only started happening recently (and I haven't downloaded an update recently) so I assume I somehow changed some settings without realizing. Any ideas?
    For swapping prios - the easiest way to do so is to export the prio list and swap them around. Then import your adjusted list on startup

Additionally - you can use the mmshow method to list all the prios, then click on the ^ or v arrows and it'll move the prios around as needed.

For mounting, I'm not sure why you were able to stay mounted and now you are not. The keepup option being off means you should be not mounted. You can likely script it to have keepup on until you get knocked off and then turn it off.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Hi all, I'm just returning to the game and wanted to ask for some help with this system (totally unfamiliar with Mudlet). Could I ask for help through PMs, or ask to be directed to who I could approach to join the in-game clan for help?

Thank you very much in advance! 
  • I just wanted to check a few little things before I started messing around with the prios  too much. 

I exported the slowcuring one and I open it up with notepad++ 

What happens is it gives me a list off all the afflictions with a [number] next to them. The numbers seem to be right but the location is somewhat random. For example at the top of the list is:
      [3] = "attraction_wafer",
      [2576] = "aeon_steam", is right in the middle
    and   [1969] = "wondercornhp_physical" is right at the bottom.

I guess that the actual physical order simply dosn't matter at all only the number?  I could rearrange them and alter the numbers to make it tidier and it would work just fine right? I just alter the numbers and thats it all done. 

Next question is is there a limit to the numbers? For example could I change aeon to 9999  or 9999999 and then work backwards from there?

Thanks for the info x
  • The numbers only get put in if there are gaps between the priorities - somewhere in mmhow you should see a button that says "clear all gaps" or something to that effect. Do that, re-export and the numbers will go away - then just the ordering of the priorities will matter. That'll make it easier to edit offline!
  • I cant figure out how to do that. any advice?

Or if I cant remove the spaces does it matter? Can I just rearrange them in a list myself and put new numbers on all of then or will that cause an issue with the old spaces still being there?
  • Nah, won't have an issue with the old spaces - you can just put them all in a list without any numbers and it'll work.
  • Cool thanks x

So if I just make a list with the correct names and get rid of the numbers it'll work.

So I just make the notepad like

Aeon
    Asthama
    etc
    Anorexia

Then import it in and it'll be cool?
  • Just found a bit of a weird looping bug. If someone forces you to sip quicksilver it'll mess with the defensive timers and cause the system to spam def/sip quicksilver.

http://dumptext.com/nxiVf2GT
  • I've got a question.... Ever since I made aliases to make influencing guards a bit easier mmf's been acting weird every time I use them--My influencing lines are just gone. No problems if I just type everything out without resorting to aliases, but that's a bit troublesome.
    Also, even though mmf ate my influencing lines it still used to tell me I'm done influencing and that I've gained some inspiration (tert's dramaturgy), but nowadays it doesn't say anything at all about inspiration. It's not a really big deal but still. Does anyone know how to get back my inf lines and inspiration gain alerts?

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

Disable the influencer triggers

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.