Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2015
    Siam said:

The only way for the Lusternians to become connected with the Others is for them to enter the Portal of Fates and return. Those who come out of the Portal essentially have two souls - their own and by virtue of being connected with the Lusternians, the Other's own soul, too.

So what you are saying is that both Ayridion and Xynthin had Others, having passed through the Portal in their mortal forms.

How do the other Divine feel about Divine with Others?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited October 2015
    Xenthos said:

The only way for the Lusternians to become connected with the Others is for them to enter the Portal of Fates and return. Those who come out of the Portal essentially have two souls - their own and by virtue of being connected with the Lusternians, the Other's own soul, too.

So what you are saying is that both Ayridion and Xynthin had Others, having passed through the Portal in their mortal forms. How do the other Divine feel about Divine with Others?
    Yup! Which is an interesting implication. I have reason to suspect that at least one or two of the Last Nine came from the Portal, too. After all, those who come out of the Portal have been known to be able to forge, in a manner of speaking, their own destinies. At the very least, their lives would be far from dull! Now, if we continue that line of thought, it would also mean that Avechna would, theoretically, be tied with one or more Others. BUT, that leaves us with more questions:

What happens to those individual ties with the Others after the merging? 

What happens to those individual ties with the Others after their ascension to Vernal Godhood?

Is it possible, after the Merging, for an Other to be tied with another Other as well? What happens then?

Given that the nature of ties with the Others and ascension(in general) to Vernal Godhood and the Merging remains elusive to us. Mortals may never be able to understand it wholly. 

If you remember what the Fates during the Elder Wars said in the Book of Keph: reality exists to experience itself and the events that were unfolding would allow reality to move on to higher realm of experience. Now, if we place that side by side with the above questions/theories re: Avechna/Vernal Gods/Merging/Ascended Gods and their ties with the Others, then we can say that Lusternia's reality has indeed reached a higher, more complicated existence. It's my opinion that the goal, before the End, is for Lusternia's reality to eternally unfold with a complexity that only the Fates and Estarra can comprehend before it all starts again. 

Interestingly, the current setup with the Portal draws on the strength of connections between souls(Lusternia-Other-Other's Other-Other's Other's Other and so on), which begs the question of the exact nature of souls!

Gosh, I should really just write an in-game book about this.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I've got snacks and coffee. GREAT HUUUUUUNT!
  • Kaimanahi said:
    Let the lag begin

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Is the double xp not on? Some people are wanting to hit demigod here >_>
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Kaimanahi said:
    I have wine. Which, as it turns out, makes me a very ineffective hunter.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Celina said:
    Kaimanahi said:
    I have wine. Which, as it turns out, makes me a very ineffective hunter.
    But makes it more enjoyable. Either way one goes is a win.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Are you trying to seduce me to Hallifax? Excuse me sir. I am not available. How dare you. How many credits can I get? I am so offended right now. Don't even think about it. Message me.
  • Shaddus said:
    As for the divine having sex, I'm pretty sure Eventru and Lyreth went at it like rabid weasels.

Im pretty sure that's how Oleanvir valley was made.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • edited October 2015
    According to HELP DIVINE - @Hoaracle's correct title is apparently 'the Forest Whacher" :p

Any theories as to what a 'whacher' IS? >_>
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Watcher spelled poetically. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Sakaki said:
    According to HELP DIVINE - Hoaracle's correct title is apparently 'the Forest Whacher" :p

Any theories as to what a 'whacher' IS? >_>
    Google is your friend. Also what @Enyalida said.

Celina said:
    Are you trying to seduce me to Hallifax? Excuse me sir. I am not available. How dare you. How many credits can I get? I am so offended right now. Don't even think about it. Message me.
    I am totally willing to contribute to this, guys.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    No. She's ours. OURS.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Celina said:
    Did you just steal my gif
    Sorry Glom, but you boring.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Celina said:
    Sorry Glom, but you boring.
    I think you had too much wine. But change is fun, hope you enjoy it!

During greathunts I inevitably start assessing my current score and relative pace, and then formulate how much time I can spend sleeping and still come back in a competitive position. So then it feels like I'm earning time to sleep as I keep bashing. It's probably a twisted and irrational way to stay motivated.
  • It's not like you left for some bastion of excitement. Whatever works for you.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Greathunts are just far too much commitment than I can give.

Also I was surprised to find that mobs that gave full points during Harmony and Death, are only giving half points during greathunt....which makes me wonder what out there is giving 10 points. Do I have to kill a supernal or something?
  • edited October 2015
    @Tekora for your best chance of survival you need a squad. three strong heavy hitters seems like the safest. one to stand behind, two to attack. you could survive in a pair but you best make sure that you are both super tanky.
    is dead like the dodo
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Cthogbogildogdog is an Smob on par with player smobs, who does room attacks and the like. You aren't meant to fight him without a pretty sizeable group.
  • Riluna said:
    It's not like you left for some bastion of excitement. Whatever works for you.

Definitely didn't miss a beat there. One supposedly boring place, right into the next that's even worse. Perhaps, some life will flow into a dead-like city soonish.

• Celina said:
    @kaimanahi: entirely possible BUT I am genuinely am bored with being a non com in Glom. Been dwelling on joining the goon squad for a long time.

So....

Steingrim asks you to repeat the oaths of the Holy Grand Duchy of Gaudiguch after him. You do, and 
    you are admitted as the newest, proudest citizen of the Holy Grand Duchy of Gaudiguch!

WOOO
  • Tekora said:
    Great Hunt Shenanigans!

Hmm, for his attacks doing that much damage, you'd assume they were more...flavorful. All he did was basically slash you with his dagger.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    It's a dagger+5, keen, unholy avenger, strong vs trill.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Dear @Lothringen and @Celina;

Come have a Crumkane wedding. I promise plenty of booze.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • What about bloodshed?
This discussion has been closed.