Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Shaddus said:
    Top slowly digs up things. The pins allow for racial emotes, each color signifying the race it pertains to. Those allow the trill and tae'dae emotes respectivel.
    Are we able to trade these in @Estarra? I've not been able to.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • @Aeldra - Did you get my letter? Hopefully we can indulge after the GH.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Salome said:
    Shaddus said:
    Top slowly digs up things. The pins allow for racial emotes, each color signifying the race it pertains to. Those allow the trill and tae'dae emotes respectivel.
    Are we able to trade these in @Estarra? I've not been able to.
    They're aethergoop items, so I doubt it.

#RespondedBecauseEstarraAlt
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    What about bloodshed?
    So long as you find Pleasure in bloodshed, it's fine.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've traded in goop things plenty of times when I wanted to convert excess goop to dingbats/credits. I'd bug it.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

@Celina and @Lothringen babies plz.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Oh hey.  Tweets is back.  The things you miss when you're away.

Anywho:

#Thatmomentwhen you're desperately trying to catch up on homework assignments while simultaneously dealing with a sudden urge to play Lusternia, and scrambling to participate in the Great Hunt.  Yay for snap windows.
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • Celina said:
    @kaimanahi: entirely possible BUT I am genuinely am bored with being a non com in Glom. Been dwelling on joining the goon squad for a long time.

So....

Steingrim asks you to repeat the oaths of the Holy Grand Duchy of Gaudiguch after him. You do, and 
    you are admitted as the newest, proudest citizen of the Holy Grand Duchy of Gaudiguch!

WOOO
    So um....

Gaudiguch and chill?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Gabriella said:
    Oh hey.  Tweets is back.  The things you miss when you're away.

Anywho:

#Thatmomentwhen you're desperately trying to catch up on homework assignments while simultaneously dealing with a sudden urge to play Lusternia, and scrambling to participate in the Great Hunt.  Yay for snap windows.
    Two monitors is the best thing since Betty White
  • Luce said:
    Gabriella said:

Anywho:

Oh, we have monitors? Who?
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Gabriella said:
    Luce said:
    Gabriella said:

Anywho:

"Monitor" is another word for "screen."
  • edited October 2015
    Xenthos said:

Gabriella said:
    Luce said:
    Gabriella said:

Anywho:

"Monitor" is another word for "screen."
    Herp de derp.  I was thinking he was talking about admin mods for Tweets. >.>
    In my defense, it was something that we had discussed! 

EDIT: OMG, it's also occurring to me that he was referencing monitors in response to my USING SNAP WINDOWS, oh dumb me. *headdesk*
    That was truly an astonishingly fine blonde moment for me right there.
    --------
    --------
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited October 2015
    The level of incomplete warrior mechanic abuse is pretty lolsy right now.

Getting 3 and 4 hit beheaded by dual warriors through stance and parry. :( 

• What a weird day.
  • Reminding everyone to not miss the revolt/flare... and then promptly going offline to watch a movie and coming back to see BOTH happened at once. I really need to get on that group skype call bandwagon already. 
  • Excitement for plotting with @Rancoura. We are about to drop something big on the Shadowdancers.
  • Celina said:

I have raised this question before. Nobody else thinks parry/stance percentages have been altered?
  • Hyrtakos said:
    Celina said:

I have raised this question before. Nobody else thinks parry/stance percentages have been altered?

They use assault which bypasses, and then usually will be crossing their fingers for slickness envenom to bypass resilience in order to get a soft-lock of slit throat + slickness.
  • Celina is possibly talking about non power moves. Stance/parry percentages also probably have changed, due to the standardization of dex. At the same time, that same standardization on top of str probably gave a boost to the average warrior's wounds output. That is, of course, theory, and unless we see the code, we'll not know for sure. Even then, we might not know for sure still, thanks to the convoluted formula.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    People used to higher dex notice lower percentages. People who had under 12 will actually see an improvement. Everything was standardized to a 12 dex.
    Arcanis said:
    Hyrtakos said:
    Celina said:

They use assault which bypasses, and then usually will be crossing their fingers for slickness envenom to bypass resilience in order to get a soft-lock of slit throat + slickness.
    This isn't it, I know what this looks like. It's actually not that scary on its own, especially because I have artifact soap.

It's what Lerad said, stance and parry are almost non factors. Kelly would literally walk into my room and blindly swing at my head (assaults have different lines) and hit me more than she would miss or be parried. Warriors aren't even bothering for setups right now. 

I also think there's something wonky with armor, to the point where I had to bug kephera just to make sure they had armor that was working. There was a period of time when you could stand toe to toe with a warrior and they had to work to build wounds on splendours. That's definitely not the case now unless your kill condition comes with an ample supply of built in hindering. 
    I wish mortal reviewers were as quick to accept a good design as they were to reject one with a mistake.
    That's probably true, but it still irks me when I get a design rejected within 4 hours of submission for missing one comm, and then it sits there for upwards of a week in queue.
  • Xenthos said:
    People used to higher dex notice lower percentages. People who had under 12 will actually see an improvement. Everything was standardized to a 12 dex.

Default dexterity was raised to 16 to deal with high miss rates from physical attacks as noted here.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Celina said:
    That's definitely not the case now unless your kill condition comes with an ample supply of built in hindering. 

This has been the case for a long time when you're talking about upper end warriors against upper end anyone else. 
  • Arcanis said:
    Hyrtakos said:
    Celina said:

I'd like to think that among the things I've forgotten, and there are a lot, that I would remember power strikes bypass parry.
    Enyalida said:
    Celina said:
    That's definitely not the case now unless your kill condition comes with an ample supply of built in hindering. 

This has been the case for a long time when you're talking about upper end warriors against upper end anyone else. 
    Well, in a sense, yes. But you could at least play defensive and not get destroyed or catch up because stance/parry slowed them down. Maybe I'm just remembering wrong, I know wounds have always been impossible to keep up with at the higher end but at least they couldn't just HACK DOWN HACK DOWN HACK DOWN to win. When I fought Marcella, I kept my legs stanced, head parried, and spammed reflections which hard counter pretty much every other class. NOPE, had to run from critical head wounds.

This last revolt, they would just follow people around swinging blindly at people's heads. I know warriors aren't done yet, and I hope the issue is resolved, but I REALLY hope all this work to make damage spam to win 1 button fights not a thing anymore (mission accomplished btw, damage is not all that viable anymore) unravel and everyone just bandwagons warrior for 1 button kills. 

Otherwise I just wasted a bunch of money, because I'm not all that interested in burning essence because 2 warriors can 4 hit kill me. 
  • Also... if your method of killing someone as a current pureblade, is slit-locking... WTF are you doing? Marcella jumped me in my first two days back and got in two attacks before I noticed while having absolutely no potions or any curing. I had to green out of it. I was slit-locked and she ended up tracking me to the nexus and dying.. She didn't hinder at all.

If anyone is pureblade and not going for tendons before a slit-lock, STFU.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Lets see logs of this

4 hit kills seems a little extreme, I lasted a lot longer against Kelly/Rivius/Mnemosyne in that wargames than 4 hits and I'm pretty sure Rivius got a lucky bashbrain when I was still at heavy to kill me. The blunt on my robes is pretty low though, 63 or something

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
This discussion has been closed.