Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited April 2016
    Riluna said:
    FWIW I didn't even get that impression, @Salome, until you brought it up. Just emotions running high on all sides, as does happen in this game a lot. Even if the post somehow was out of line, or "just IC" and even if you're responsible for her actions, Salome isn't you. She can truly, actually be a total witch in every sense of the word (she's not, either) and still unite people per your desire, and you can still be just good to me and others who have ever dabbled in the SDs.

This could be a good thing. We choose how we react. :)
    Salome isn't me, this is true. But to think that I OOCly am making power plays on purpose along with some others? That I'm responsible for the disappointment of someone's game time? That really hurts me, because I don't want to be the bane of their woe, their hurt. I'm always trying to be nice, always trying to be here for people. Anyway, maybe it touched a nerve for me more than usual.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Today was fun. Sorry @Vladimere @Dahlla for accidentally killing you. :(

Raves to the North for being able to repel us from stealing your domoth.

Oh and sorry @Rivius that you couldn't get a kill in on me in EtherGlom. Will to live.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    No need to be sorry. Unfortunately, it's less will to live and more that I haven't mechanically been able to kill anyone for a long time :( I miss old Cavalier.
  • edited April 2016
    It's very hard to change the North/South dynamics, because people across orgs have been playing together for years and have formed some OOC friendships, and/or 2) RP-dictated "opposing" orgs cannot feasibly work together for long.

So, for example, Glomdoring and Gaudiguch players fall under (1). They could reasonably switch out Magnagora for Celest, except Celest and Serenwilde also fall under (1), and (ignoring the hilarity of another 4v2), Gaudiguch cannot have both Serenwilde and Glomdoring on its side.
    See you in Sapience.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Honestly, I'd love a 2v2v2 alliance situation more than anything. I think it would do so much to liven things up. At the same time I understand why it's incredibly unlikely to happen.  :-< I can dream, though, can't I?
  • It's not hard to change. People just don't wanna.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    edited April 2016
    Yarith said:
    It's not hard to change. People just don't wanna.
    That is the hard part!
  • I think we're more likely to see a changed 3v3 than a 2v2v2 that lasts more than a couple of weeks.
    Clearly we need to put mechanics in place that outright discourage having more than one ally, just to make me happy.  ;;)
  • Or, conversely, change existing mechanics that outright encourage having more than one ally. This has been extensively covered already.
    See you in Sapience.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited April 2016
    I really really really love our quests. There's so many of them and they all got amazing things to discover and range from easy to hard to hell difficulty. I just really really wished two things:

- The interface on some of these puzzles were a little less difficult to handle.
    - The reset of the quest couldn't happen if you're really right there. like prevent quest reset after 95% done, if the quest is still actively worked or something? ( I just lost several hours of work because I was using the puzzle interface wrong ).

I totally understand why they do and need to reset, it's just a little vent on losing 2 hours of trying to solve a difficult quest finding yourself on the last input line and having it reset on you.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    edited April 2016
    Aeldra said:
    I really really really love our quests. There's so many of them and they all got amazing things to discover and range from easy to hard to hell difficulty. I just really really wished two things:

- The interface on some of these puzzles were a little less difficult to handle.
    - The reset of the quest couldn't happen if you're really right there. like prevent quest reset after 95% done, if the quest is still actively worked or something? ( I just lost several hours of work because I was using the puzzle interface wrong ).

I totally understand why they do and need to reset, it's just a little vent on losing 2 hours of trying to solve a difficult quest finding yourself on the last input line and having it reset on you.
    One of my biggest puzzle-related wishes in quests is to have the ability to look at a visual representation of a Tower of Hanoi puzzle as we're doing it. Like, some way to LOOK AT TOWER or something to quickly see where all the pieces are without having to do PROBE LEFT, PROBE MIDDLE, PROBE RIGHT and remembering which ones have which sizes on them. I struggle with these so much whenever they show up in a quest because I can't see them as a whole, and so I usually (read: always) just end up cheating instead of doing them on my own, which makes me sad. I love puzzles.
  • Phoebus said:
    Honestly, I'd love a 2v2v2 alliance situation more than anything. I think it would do so much to liven things up. At the same time I understand why it's incredibly unlikely to happen.  :-< I can dream, though, can't I?
    Celest and Magnagora, Hallifax and Gaudiguch, Glomdoring and Serenwilde. There you go.
  • Phoebus said:
    Aeldra said:

One of my biggest puzzle-related wishes in quests is to have the ability to look at a visual representation of a Tower of Hanoi puzzle as we're doing it. Like, some way to LOOK AT TOWER or something to quickly see where all the pieces are without having to do PROBE LEFT, PROBE MIDDLE, PROBE RIGHT and remembering which ones have which sizes on them. I struggle with these so much whenever they show up in a quest because I can't see them as a whole, and so I usually (read: always) just end up cheating instead of doing them on my own, which makes me sad. I love puzzles.
    I've used tokens or the like to just replicate the puzzle irl, obviously an ig thing would be nicer but it's something that can help. Now I'm used to it I can kinda just go through the motions.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited April 2016
    It bugs me when things like Towers of Hanoi or Sudoku have timers on them (Kryden Valik and Xion respectively), so I do not bother actually solving them. For Kryden I just put together a few lines of recursive code that solved the entire thing with one command in about two seconds. That solution makes me happy. But for the Night bubble I still do it the old-fashioned / intended way (have never had an issue with that one timing out on me). Hanoi also makes sense to me in terms of how to solve it non-visually, so I kind of like it, just not when quests decide to make it "solve immediately or start over".

It would be nice if just completing certain stages of a quest either reset or extended the overall reset timer-- that is a convenient way of knowing that someone is actively working on it, after all. But that is a lot of quests to go back and do that to.
  • edited April 2016
    Lavinya said:
    *snip*

Ulalah said:
    *snip*
    Thank you both for putting it into perspective, sometimes when I'm doing elections, people ask me to contest for things like GM, and so on because those positions are needed. I guess Salome is sort of power hungry in her own way, but she doesn't think she's entitled to a certain amount of respect and deferrment, she just is given that, and she rolls with it, even though she finds it embarrassing. But! You guys will have to find that out when we RP a little more! She has a thick outer shell, like a cockroach, takes a long time to get in there.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
    Did Salome just call herself a cockroach? That was unexpected.
  • She's certainly not acting like an adult, so who knows. This is my cue to take a break from Ulalah. Toodles.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I think you people need to harden up and get some thicker carapaceskin.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited April 2016
    FYI if anyone has an issue with, or is "disappointed" by, the Shadowdancer's being dictatorial including the internal shuffling of lesdership, I would suggest reading the Shadowdancer news for the past uhh...200 years? Incidentally, you would have HATED me as Queen or Princess. I was a strict authoritarian, and it worked out pretty nicely. The guild boomed! There's an entire era of SD RP that dictates the High Coven's right to rule absolutely, by the direct will of Mother Night. The process of handing down titles has always been somewhat sacred and guarded in the SD's. I will note that this depth of RP has kept the SDs as one of Glom's most frequently noted bastions of heavy RP and engagement. Remember it's a game, it's not a RL government. It can be oppressive with out being harmful.
  • From what I've seen, strict authoritarian style leadership of the SDs actually relaxed under Siam and Salome.
  • edited April 2016
    Ulalah said:
    She's certainly not acting like an adult, so who knows. This is my cue to take a break from Ulalah. Toodles.
    I don't understand. I just thanked you for putting things into perspective? I admit my character is a power grubber, but she got reasons.

Anyway, have a good break. Maybe we'll have a chat later and straighten things out if that's what you want to do.
    People actually showed up to defend against an absolve!  Hooray for fun. :D
  • Asthma and aeon are available to Astrologers today, and I got to play around with it. :D
    See you in Sapience.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Dear Lavi @Lavinya, I'm sorry I disappeared. I got swept away by adulting and life in general but I did have a rough outline on Project Conversion. I sent Ellowyn after kestrels and all, too. Hopefully now that I'm back I can work on it. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

This discussion has been closed.