Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Welcome back, @Fralunah - hope you're well :) I've really missed you <3
  • Mags been pretty good for rp from an outsider's perspective. I've not seen their guild/city aether though. Only mild criticism is squads are IC which I think wasn't common knowledge in some circles but once people were informed it cleaned up.
  • Fralunah said:
    Breandryn said:

It's easy and sometimes fun to make slurs/jokes about orgs but do remember that things change and how influential comments can be to new players.
    Just being in a city/commune will give you slightly negative views of your allies and massively negative views of enemy cities/communes. Each has a completely different perspective of things, even at a kind of OOC level. There's not much need for org slurs by the time someone has graduated from novicehood. You should know, being someone who's moved from a forest to a city, to an enemy organization, that this is so. (Not calling you out on leaving the Wilde with this btw, I can hardly speak anyway, can I?)

Just my opinion on it! 
    I think there is a difference between RP/IC antagonism and dislike vs OOC disdain and gossip. My post was speaking on the latter. Read the forums here for an example - the thread about the Dreaming event is particularly damming as even the admin chime in about how terrible Mag is. I'm new to Lusternia but that sort of OOC climate seems terrible across the board. Even if Mag was that bad at the time, there is now a permanent record of the admin shitting on them, which sucks for any new players researching them...as well as making things a bit uncomfortable for newer players like me who really want to help create org culture and activity. I've read and heard just as much stuff about Gaudiguch and it's discouraging to learn people think xyz shitty things about your org. The OOC environment here feels kinda negative and I've had to had a few pep talks to myself to keep my motivation up.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Veyils said:
    Mags been pretty good for rp from an outsider's perspective. I've not seen their guild/city aether though. Only mild criticism is squads are IC which I think wasn't common knowledge in some circles but once people were informed it cleaned up.
    Has it?  That's good to know!
  • Veyils said:
    Mags been pretty good for rp from an outsider's perspective. I've not seen their guild/city aether though. Only mild criticism is squads are IC which I think wasn't common knowledge in some circles but once people were informed it cleaned up.
    Sweet, might be able to join squads again.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just here for the memes @Versalean :p Also, Awh... I've missed you too! You were my favourite friend/rival and fellow dreamweaver.

Breandryn said:
    I think there is a difference between RP/IC antagonism and dislike vs OOC disdain and gossip. My post was speaking on the latter. Read the forums here for an example - the thread about the Dreaming event is particularly damming as even the admin chime in about how terrible Mag is. I'm new to Lusternia but that sort of OOC climate seems terrible across the board. Even if Mag was that bad at the time, there is now a permanent record of the admin shitting on them, which sucks for any new players researching them...as well as making things a bit uncomfortable for newer players like me who really want to help create org culture and activity. I've read and heard just as much stuff about Gaudiguch and it's discouraging to learn people think xyz shitty things about your org. The OOC environment here feels kinda negative and I've had to had a few pep talks to myself to keep my motivation up.

I agree that there's a difference, fully agree. But, characters are influenced by the views of those playing them, and sometimes vice versa. (I'm not suggesting that everyone has personality issues, don't read it that way please. I'm also not suggesting that anyone is controlled purely by their character or their character is how they would act.) I can tell you this from experience. People got majorly pissy at me OOCly because of the actions of Fralunah... I can kind of understand, since they claimed it was griefy, which is kind of an OOC problem (Not my intention, they enemied and attacked me first, I just had the tools to circumvent their enemying!). Versalean can confirm, I'm fairly sure we had a fite IRL 1v1 at a point because of my dreamweaving. (Well, not IRL, ofc... OOC!)

Having done a quick search of 'Magnagora' on google and even on the forums I haven't found anything too negative about them, except of course, the fact that they're evil, necromantic devil worshippers. (QUICK SEARCH)

Trust me Breandryn, there are problems with all the different orgs IC and OOCly, according to everyone from every different one, and even some opinions that are coming from those in the city/commune. (I'm not dismissing these concerns.) Magnagora and Gaudiguch aren't singled out for this!

If you ever want to chat or need pep talks OOCly, Brea, I'm still here. (Somtimes!)

2Srs4Tweets?
  • edited January 2017
    Fralunah said:
    Just here for the memes @Versalean :p Also, Awh... I've missed you too! You were my favourite friend/rival and fellow dreamweaver.

Breandryn said:

I agree that there's a difference, fully agree. But, characters are influenced by the views of those playing them, and sometimes vice versa. (I'm not suggesting that everyone has personality issues, don't read it that way please. I'm also not suggesting that anyone is controlled purely by their character or their character is how they would act.) I can tell you this from experience. People got majorly pissy at me OOCly because of the actions of Fralunah... I can kind of understand, since they claimed it was griefy, which is kind of an OOC problem (Not my intention, they enemied and attacked me first, I just had the tools to circumvent their enemying!). Versalean can confirm, I'm fairly sure we had a fite IRL 1v1 at a point because of my dreamweaving. (Well, not IRL, ofc... OOC!)

Having done a quick search of 'Magnagora' on google and even on the forums I haven't found anything too negative about them, except of course, the fact that they're evil, necromantic devil worshippers. (QUICK SEARCH)

Trust me Breandryn, there are problems with all the different orgs IC and OOCly, according to everyone from every different one, and even some opinions that are coming from those in the city/commune. (I'm not dismissing these concerns.) Magnagora and Gaudiguch aren't singled out for this!

If you ever want to chat or need pep talks OOCly, Brea, I'm still here. (Somtimes!)

2Srs4Tweets?
    Forum search for "Magnagora RP" (lol I'm a nerd and did that when for each org early on when deciding where to go).
  • It's funny to see as a deathsight, but seeing it in person is pretty disgusting =S

Same for arson.

• I tried to stand her at the Tree of Treees for time out but forgot about Nirvana. D:

Oh well we try things.
  • I seppeku'd onto a Samurai's sword to steal the experience from you.
  • That's like saying heartstop makes the user the winner, you still died even if it wasn't to someone else. Lol
  • She won by getting out of my trap. I'll have a better one next time.
  • If dead then win
  • I only want to kill Krek  :'(
  • Death is meaningless and empty
  • Pyrochem is totally my favorite chem. Those lines are always so good.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • In actual tweets:

The credit market has been much healthier recently. I hope it stays this way!
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited January 2017
    http://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/the-teenage-brain-on-social-media

There actually is some science behind why people get upset over downvotes. Internet likes get you high. Y'all are junkies obsessing over your fix. 
  • ... what year is this?

It's been so long.
  • If Shikari was a rapper I think he'd be DMX except the barking is replaced with other animal noises
    The playa you love to hate
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Y'all gonna make me lose my heart. Up in here, up in here.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited January 2017
    Nice to know the guy who barely fights is considered a worthy target when someone's trying to ingratiate themselves to new buddies *eyeroll* .

EDIT: And midbies in starter gear. My, how courageous.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • If you're referring to yourself I honestly don't think you can talk much! ^,^
This discussion has been closed.