Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    edited January 2017
    Fralunah said:
    If you're referring to yourself I honestly don't think you can talk much! ^,^
    If you're dreamweaving in Prime Serenwilde and harrassing people, expect people to walk into the room and invoke violet just as much as you should expect them to come and fight you if you're physically there. You're an aggressor in enemy territory attacking people. Having people like me invoke violet at you is the appropriate response because you're attacking.

Unlike walking into Prime Serenwilde and attacking someone like Mumbies, lvl 43, in starter gear, just because your mentor wants to pass on his dickish ways and you need an easy target.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    edited January 2017
    I know, I should know better.

I should also know not to post irritations when it's 1:00 am, I'm tired and cranky (sorry Serenfaction folks :( ) and should be in bed. It wasn't a big deal. I was just annoyed at the logic of killing a midbie (not me) under the reasoning of trying to impress people. I'm all good now.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Death is meaningless. Unless you're like in the second half of titan, then it might be somewhat meaningful.
    The playa you love to hate
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Drakius said:
    Death is meaningless. Unless you're like in the second half of titan, then it might be somewhat meaningful.
    Or have peanuts for essence as a demigod. :/

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Reading through old news posts to comply some info about Hartstone elections, and I've noticed the DATE command is frustratingly inaccurate. I think those recent year skips we had threw it off even more so than normal.
    Yeah, it's really frustrating. Though don't most newsposts have both the RL date and the IC date included?

• edited January 2017
    death costs 10 points = 1-3 hrs of grinding. i -hate- dying. no shinies no buffs. so when a griefer jumps a non com, that 3 hrs flushed down the loo
  • Everiine said:
    Yeah, it's really frustrating. Though don't most newsposts have both the RL date and the IC date included?

They do, but would the years skipping (from being stuck on the 25th of the last month there for a while, fast forward ~2 years or so) have an effect on us calculating future dates/past dates for the years and such?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ordassa said:
    death costs 10 points = 1-3 hrs of grinding. i -hate- dying. no shinies no buffs. so when a griefer jumps a non com, that 3 hrs flushed down the loo
    Not to devalue your experience but 3 hours worth of xp suggests that either you're bleeding out a lot of xp or you accumulate it at a very slow pace.

While perhaps not the optimal solution you'd hope for (being left alone is probably what you'd prefer) you can certainly make adjustments so that any setback certainly wouldn't be so impactful.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Everiine said:

Ones made by players/admin do. Automated ones like election results only contain the RL date. So usually just a matter of looking for relevant news posts around it with IC, though there are some elections where there was no contesting or victory or anything post which complicates matters. And the gap on DATE isn't static, it seems to slowly increase the further back you go, some early posts being off by exactly 6 years, while more recent ones off by about 1.  

I thought about bugging it but I feel like the inaccuracy of the DATE command's been known for awhile now. Though suppose bugging still couldn't hurt.
  • Heh, I think I remember the five year bit. Time just kept repeating at the end of the ic day I think and something to do with destroying a pack.
  • edited January 2017

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    TIL that at 13/13 regen, you regain 26% of a vital per tic. I did not know/remember this and thought it was 1% per point across the board instead of scaling, so had a rather weird moment when I noticed I was regenning 3168 health right after sip bal came back, and proceeded to sip for around 2K thereafter.
  • It's pretty bonkers
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Regen buffs

1 1.00%
    2 2.00%
    3 3.00%
    4 5.00%
    5 7.00%
    6 9.00%
    7 11.00%
    8 13.00%
    9 15.00%
    10 17.00%
    11 20.00%
    12 23.00%
    13 26.00%
  • #thatsexactlyright
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd be happy with just being able to convert them to another type.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Also can we have the guy who sells them not talk at you about them every time you pass by? 
  • Aioli is why I wake up in the morning.
  • I still like my urTraps tbh. But if I had gold ones yeah, I'd be pretty pizzled.
  • Karlach said:
    Ordassa said:
    Not to devalue your experience but 3 hours worth of xp suggests that either you're bleeding out a lot of xp or you accumulate it at a very slow pace.

While perhaps not the optimal solution you'd hope for (being left alone is probably what you'd prefer) you can certainly make adjustments so that any setback certainly wouldn't be so impactful.
    Accumulate it at a very slow pace. no tonic. nothing. regaining units takes -twice- as long after you die. mashing buttons = tedious. no coding skills. one hour is the best  ican do.

saying this to illusratte why you shouldn`t jump non-coms without a fantastic rp and ig legal reason. esp. if all they r doing is just minding their own beeswax on neutral ground.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It does really suck that getting ganked or just slipping up can lose you tremendous lengths of time spent on utter boredom, depending on where it is and how you resurrect. 
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ordassa said: 
    Accumulate it at a very slow pace. no tonic. nothing. regaining units takes -twice- as long after you die. mashing buttons = tedious. no coding skills. one hour is the best  ican do.

saying this to illusratte why you shouldn`t jump non-coms without a fantastic rp and ig legal reason. esp. if all they r doing is just minding their own beeswax on neutral ground.
    Unfortunately, the second paragraph will never be reason to stop a lot of people who decide they will kill you. Their reason to do it needs to be as basic as organisations in conflict, and it's not up to anyone else to determine if their reason is good enough.

However, you can certainly get help with your other problem, regarding slow accumulation. There are people here that can offer advice and point you in the right direction or offer coding support.

Also there are skills and consumables that greatly reduce the loss from death, especially if it means you won't need to pray.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited January 2017
    Gawking at Lusternia Live. Player deaths are popping up at like ten per second, the sheer speed of it is glorious.

EDIT: I guess it's because of updates. No way people would pk each other that fast.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • I've hit a wall with designing and Lusternia in general. Even with having a break for a couple of days at the weekend. :(
    My current evening can be summed up as thus:

You have a few (read: 2.5) hours to spend completing Lusternian and/or non-Lusternian tasks. There are several tasks to choose from, each of which will individually take up most if not all of the hours remaining in the evening. There are also RP interactions that are long overdue, and most of the other tasks should have been done last weekend or the week before. What do you do?

a. Cry.

Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    My current evening can be summed up as thus:

You have a few (read: 2.5) hours to spend completing Lusternian and/or non-Lusternian tasks. There are several tasks to choose from, each of which will individually take up most if not all of the hours remaining in the evening. There are also RP interactions that are long overdue, and most of the other tasks should have been done last weekend or the week before. What do you do?

a. Cry.
    To chore or not to chore, that is the question.

Don't chore, they will still be there next week.

RP all the way. @Rancoura
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
    Well, the RP has been had, thanks to @Veyils and @Eliron. That was beautiful. <3

Before an earthly flight

This discussion has been closed.