Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    My genies net me so much goop / credits with the occasional / rare present.  I love them.
  • Fyler said:
    It takes quite a while for it to generate ~1000 credits unless you roll a super lucky present. "Best artifact ever," may be pushing it. It's nice, but It's definitely a luxury artifact. Of the pile I had, the wondercorn didn't make top 10 value purchases. I think its value is proportional to your credit purchasing ability. If you don't have a lot, it's not worth it. If you have them in abundance, it is.

I well you get 1/3 buffs to a lot of stats. I mean getting +1 balance costs 500 credits in itself. So if your looking at price for buffs then the corn is one of the cheaper ways to get buffs vs artifacts. Even if you ignore the benefit of it generating stuff.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Awesome job, @Remmiel!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited January 2017
    Not sure if some sort of typo thread would be better for this, but...

Trying to switch out teleport/enter messages can be pretty awkward. Each command seems to want a different line, I can never tell which one each command wants.

I think 'set' and 'choice' are ENTERMSG. But trying to do it on 'info' or 'select' and it has to be CHOICEENTERMESSAGE.

Could these have the same or at least interchangeable syntax?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Hmm, that reminds me to finish up my genies...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited January 2017
    LOOK ME before the "He is wearing..." section is 854 characters. Without my glamrock my full description is 2486 characters. With it, it is now only a total of 1112 characters.

@Aramel will probably enjoy this too much, but this glamrock is one of the best artifacts I have purchased.
    That's business, unfortunately.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited January 2017
    Well, I am severely disappointed by my peers, but c'est la vie, I suppose. Don't mind keeping my head high. :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Rancoura said:
    Well, I am severely disappointed by my peers, but c'est la vie, I suppose. Don't mind keeping my head high. :)
    ?? Do I need to punch someone?

• @breandryn I ended up grabing an aethersuit and just customised it into something that Saran would be okay wearing >_>

Everything else would be a special occasion heh so I'd just buy them for that.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Everiine said:
    Rancoura said:
    ?? Do I need to punch someone?
    Nah, nothing I can't handle. 

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Everiine said:
    That's business, unfortunately.
    Is it, though? There is a lot that goes into what ultimately turns a profit. I doubt that the glam rock generates repeated credit purchases, whereas baked-in QoL features contribute highly to retention. It's apples and oranges, sure, but there is a reason WoW has a transmog closet as a baseline option and not something you have to pay extra to access.
    I agree with you Breandryn. But I don't set the stuff up.

• Lusternia gotta make it's revenue from somewhere. And if people aren't buying artifacts for basic QoL upgrades, what would they pay for? The game is making an active effort to avoid making more combat-boosting artifacts to avoid artifacts becoming mandatory. It's one thing to say that QoL upgrades should be free, but if you'd be better off offering actual alternatives in the artifact thread.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Subscription based access to the test server :smiley:

*drool*
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited January 2017
    I disagree. I have played every IRE for at least six months and spent a few hundred in each. Lusternia is ridiculously and grossly cash-grabby in comparison to every other IRE.

I suspect there is a bit of Stockholm + invested fallacy playing here. It's hard to admit your own game is worse off than other similar games, but I also have played all four games for comparison. Have you guys? 
  • Yes.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • edited January 2017
    Breandryn said:
    I disagree. I have played every IRE for at least six months and spent a few hundred in each. Lusternia is ridiculously and grossly cash-grabby in comparison to every other IRE.

I suspect there is a bit of Stockholm + invested fallacy playing here. It's hard to admit your own game is worse off than other similar games, but I also have played all four games for comparison. Have you guys? 
    The comparisons aren't too hard to make, each credit is worth the same value, so it's easy to compare bits and pieces.

Like the varying costs of multiclassing, where it kinda depends on how much investment you want to make as to how we shape up, from memory. Though we also don't have stuff like when Depthswalker came out and there were artifacts announced for it immediately. 

The thing that gets to me personally is the ongoing taxes for multiclassing unless you pay the creds and the hundreds of dollars of monthly promotions that run every month.
  • Like in Aetolia you get to customise how you wear clothes for free in lusty you need an artifact so that's a big thing for me
  • Trades are another, I had multiple trades in mko.
    Sure, it cost me to get each license and the lessons. But I was able to use all of them at once without needing to buy a 2k artifact, get more than 70m essence above lvl 100, and also convince my org to make me lvl 101 with a primarily combat focus on my gaming (or win a once yearly event) and get an additional 80m + essence.
  • Ok thank you. I'm glad I am not the only one who sees this.
  • I'm not saying that Lusternia doesn't have expensive QoL benefits. I'm saying that they need to make their revenue somewhere, and if you have a better suggestion, there's an artifact thread where the admin do listen to suggestions to improve things. Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is just whining. Propose a solution.

• Out of curiosity - do the other IREs give away as much stuff as Lusternia? Do they have stuff like gnomes/ironbeard or anniversary/ascension games where they are giving out thousands of credits and heaps of artifacts?

There are definitely some things, particularly involving the overhaul artifacts, that have come across to me as kind of flagrant 'money grubbing'... but whenever I see this stuff I think, well, but Lusternia also does pretty well by people in terms of free stuff, so it's overall not terrible.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Kiradawea said:
    The game is making an active effort to avoid making more combat-boosting artifacts to avoid artifacts becoming mandatory.
    And yet it seems every other new promotion affects combat in some way.

Lusternia/IREs business model is the biggest problem I have with the game. I'm addicted enough to still spend a bit, but for every player like me, the cost of just getting enough to participate at a reasonable level drives away a ton more players.
  • This is really a quality of living argument. Those that have found a way to afford and justify those expenditures will always tell those that haven't to work harder or live within their means and enjoy what they do have. 

Not everyone has a solution to their problem. And if it takes for that person to step up and make the complaint known so that we can collectively find a solution then so be it. A part of constructive criticism (even if it sounds like whinging) is not looking to others to resolve the problem, but realising the problem stems from within and working towards a change that works for everyone. 

Do we want better quality of living for the entire playerbase? Do we want player retention to increase? Is this something that would resolve both problems without damaging the financial stability of Lusternia itself? 
  • edited January 2017
    This is really a quality of living argument. Those that have found a way to afford and justify those expenditures will always tell those that haven't to work harder or live within their means and enjoy what they do have. 

And those who can't/won't afford/justify it will instead tell those who do that they're selfish and bad for keeping the servers running ;) That both viewpoints can be explained away by psychological principles doesn't necessarily reduce the validity of either argument. ETA: It's probably best to avoid the "Well you would say that, wouldn't you?" argument.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited January 2017
    Okay, that's nice and all, but I really do agree with Kiradawea in this instance, and Versalean too. Throwing out not one, but two armchair diagnoses to our explanation of the way things are is something we are all very wary of. See: another certain player. Furthermore, you should provide a solution instead of making everyone else uncomfortable about it by whinging about the costs. You are certainly welcome to play elsewhere if the cost is too high. Nobody is obligating you to pay money -- even in the PvP sphere you only need a few basics to succeed. Or, if you're feeling confident, I encourage you to submit a new business model to Estarra or IRE. Or participate in a way that gets you free credits. Bardics, promotional events every month, artisinals, and Seal Challenges.

• Maligorn said:
     You are certainly welcome to play elsewhere if the cost is too high. 
    IJS this does not sound like a healthy business model.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
This discussion has been closed.