Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    (ngl people continually think of New Celest as Old Celest and that's pretty lame)

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Maligorn said:
    (ngl people continually think of New Celest as Old Celest and that's pretty lame)
    That's pretty realistic, though, isn't it? You can rebuild and rebrand, but history sticks. Can't keep the same name and expect people to ever fully get past the reputation.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited May 2017
    Well, I mean, it just feels snide for people to constantly reference merian elitism when, in reality, that merian quarter of the city is literally built for merians to comfortably live in, not just because of luxury or reverence. The shanty town is now gone, but people are still gonna hold it against them, etc etc.

EDIT: I wouldn't be remarking about it if shade cast towards New Celest wasn't so prevalent.

• Phoebus said:
    That's pretty realistic, though, isn't it? You can rebuild and rebrand, but history sticks. Can't keep the same name and expect people to ever fully get past the reputation.
    Yes.  And no.  How many centuries has it been since Old Celest?  How many centuries has it been since (sure, I'll go there) Hitler?  People of the fantasy conflict-based world should not behave the same as people in the real world, naturally.  But at some point, many many many centuries later, it begins to stretch credulity.

• Sounds like Celest can be what Celest wants to be, up to and including favoring certain races for their natural affinities with Celestia/water. 
    Known Aliases: Celina/Cyndarin/Fire Jesus/The Night/That Bitch who griefed us
  • Maybe we need more of that.  Celest has often lacked people willing to be the bad guy, or trying to apply modern real world ethics in a fantasy nation which probably shouldn't function in that way.

More to the point, I think if the goal is for each org to have valid reasons to hate on each other, maybe we should make it a point for every event to create some new, fresh wound between two or more orgs.  The faction event (which was great and I'm not complaining about it, really) could have gone so much further towards reactivating six-way conflict.  Again, if that is the world we're trying to create.  The 'harm' done to Celest by Magnagora, and vice versa, was rather quickly and easily undone to the point where no one's giving it anymore thought.

• Tylwyth said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Huh. So the solution to Celest's shanty town was to kill em all? I wonder if that'll be played out in the future.
    When did Celest get a shanty town?
    Celest always had a shanty town. A collection of poor folks, refugees mostly, that never ended up fully integrated into the city. I remember someone way back actually using the shanty town as an argument in a city election post, promising to look into a way to integrate them into society. But she didn't win, the shanty town remained, and it's occasionally shown up in events since.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Phoebus said:
    Notepad is where all my drafts and notes go. Just basic Notepad.
    I write in google docs, then paste to notepad. Best of both worlds with google's spellcheck and notepad removing the special signs.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Interesting.  Apparently when I have Omniscience active, people on aetherbubbles can see me on CWHO (because the power allows them to talk to me).

Does this mean that Avatars who have omniscience up will show on CWHO to any newbie in their org, regardless of their planar level?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:
    Well, I mean, it just feels snide for people to constantly reference merian elitism when, in reality, that merian quarter of the city is literally built for merians to comfortably live in, not just because of luxury or reverence. The shanty town is now gone, but people are still gonna hold it against them, etc etc.

EDIT: I wouldn't be remarking about it if shade cast towards New Celest wasn't so prevalent.
    Bro, no offense but this isn't "shade". There was literally a place outside the city for poor, non-merians to live. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • *sigh* I was all excited about contesting for Grand Aerie, then I looked at my school schedule and realized studying "Landform Processes", "Macroeconomics", and "Business Statistics" wouldnt leave me much room to do much
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    There's always path head positions to aim for. 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • That moment when you lose your first ever honour line because you had to do the opposite quest for the epic (not knowing it would erase it) :(
    I'm not running for a single leadership position, and I'm pretty proud that I've resisted the temptation. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited May 2017
    Daraius said:
    There's always path head positions to aim for. 
    Yeah but I also work 40hrs+ a week for the PPACA which at this time is well congress is congress..... I don't want to take something away from people who have more time to dedicate to positions 

I did like my sweet "Harvard esque Houses" instead of paths idea 
  • You should share the idea regardless. Even if you can't bring the idea itself to frution on your own, because you're not supposed to do it on your own in the first place. This is the time to offer up any and all ideas and critique, since it's a lot better to get advancement right the first go around, rather than later on have to redo everything.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Sorry about up and running like that. >_> My lack of experience with RP shows through with some very bad decisions at times. Hope I didn't ruin things for you!

• o Newbie channel no longer requires being a mentor or a newbie to speakon.

o Messages no longer consume or require equilibrium, but instead have an internal cooldown of 1 second (same as old equilibrium time).>-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like the first change, but am not what the second one does?

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• @Tylwyth Instead of consuming and requiring equilibrium to send a message, it now uses a cooldown. On the positive side, you can send messages while bashing  or crafting without fiddling with stratagems. On the negative side, you can no longer queue up 10 messages in stratagems and mass send (I'll be looking into a solution for this.)
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    Divine giving me favors make me nervous. 
  • I remember when Raezon would give random people favours
This discussion has been closed.