Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Nyxx said:
    We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for wveryone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.
    This. This is literally the RP attitude I dislike the most. More even than "You are the enemy, so there is nothing to say. DIE!", even more than "Lel, treachery, aren't I evil!" Its, "They're a admindivine, we're not supposed to argue!"
  • Nyxx said:

We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for wveryone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.

As others have side.

And you have seen @Portius right? He opening defies the gods and is against them being part of things. He straight up told Isune she was too soft for science matters.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited December 2015
    From what I've seen reading city and Board tells as regularly as I can, this whole thing is playing out as it should. I'd be really disappointed if Hallifax just went along with whatever Sciomore said. And I think the Hallifax vs. Sciomore storyline would be way more interesting than Sciomore vs. Frai.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Xenthos said:
    I don't understand.  Is your contention that "If there is an event going on, all players in the game should throw out all of their character history and become zealots who do whatever they're told, even if they were not that in the first place"?  Because that's definitely not roleplay.

Characters should react to current events in the manner that is based on their backstory.  If you're playing a gullible, believing character-- then by all means, go all in.  But don't disparage others because they are playing characters who are more skeptical.  Especially other characters who have seen all this kind of thing before and just have no reason to trust it.

No. That isnt the problem. Nor am i going to elaborate any further on what the problem is because its entirely pointless. Weve all already been arguing about it for hours icly rather than getting shit done and its that kind of "i dont want to do it for ooc reasons of other non-citizen people yelling at me in tells(which is something that was flat out admitted to)" that ruins it for everyone else and takes all the fun out of it. Not to mention the powertripping bullshit of "rawr we're gunna kick you out of the city if you go along with this event!" No wonder the divine font do more stuff like this if that is the kind of bullshit that is gunna happen. Its stupid. Its ridiculous and i dont really give a rats ass if you agree with me or not.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    ... you realize that this is the year-end event, right?  They do something like this every year.  Something major happens and it tests the players.  I guarantee you that the Admin are having fun seeing what we do!  We're rats in the maze, deciding whether or not to chase after the cheese.
  • You realize that when the admins do stuff like this they are usually trying to do something FOR us? Whether it be giving us a new city new guild hell maybe this dreaming os where ackleberry has severed itself too! (Doubt it but the point remains) most likely its something to do with ascension. None the less this means they have a plan for the way they want this to go. Vehemently opposing that plan and not allowing them to play it to fruition just seems stupid, ungrateful and a whole lot of NOT FUN to me.
  • Nyxx said:
    Agreed. The sad part about events like this that start out being really awesome and fun is that someone always strips it of all its fun for the sake of their "rp". Its not rp if all you are doing is ruining the fun for everyone else and its especially not rp if the reason you are doing it is so your character doesnt have to deal with a bunch of tells of people yelling at them because your city followed the commands given to them by the divine. We are meant to respect the divine and do as they ask. Openly defying them for "rp purposes" is just stupid and ruins it for everyone else. Enough with the damned power trips already.
    I find this hilarious because Yarou's gotten into more than a few tangles with her citymates over her blatant acceptance of the new Gods and Lady Frai and yet I don't mind it at all because it makes for such great roleplay, at least by my definition.

Granted, Yarou would pretty much show her belly to any greater power because she's a prey thing and when she sees a Divine, she might as well be a sweet little lamb in the presence of a big bad wolf. She's almost always too terrified to run -- and the idea of being chased is ten times more terrifying than just standing there, in her mind -- so she tends to freeze and hope They don't see her.

And of course the entire time she's thinking something like: don't eat me don't eat me don't eat me oh Gods please don't eat me I don't taste good I'm rotten I don't taste good don't eat me waAAAHHH DON'T EAT MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Her personality is very submissive and pushover-ey. Some players are likely to get fed up with it after a certain amount of time. Hell, I might get fed up with it myself. But the great thing about roleplaying young characters is that eventually, they grow up and then all sorts of fun new changes abound. Which equals .. you got it, more great roleplay! Yay! *throws confetti*

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited December 2015
    @Nyxx Considering this more or less came out of left field from a player suggestion, I feel like this is actually a bit more open-ended than you are interpreting it.

I can see why Kira would be upset, though. A big, terrible death ray of her own design got built, and there is vehement opposition to it being used again. Kind of like getting to open a Christmas present early as a kid and then being told that you can't play with it after just getting to see what it can do.

• You know, somewhere out there is a person, player or character, who enjoyed and had -fun- with exploring Zoaka or even doing the quest there. Now they cannot, so their fun was taken away. Not to mention, Gaudiguch cannot do it's Epic Quest cycle, so that's robbed a few people of having -fun- doing that. How would you feel if Clarramore got destroyed and you couldn't start your epic quest? Even if it's just temporary, it still sucks.

Hallifax got to fire a weapon and destroy a hunting area. That should be enough for you. Sorry guys, but you're not the only ones allowed to have fun.
  • Ventidius said:
    You know, somewhere out there is a person, player or character, who enjoyed and had -fun- with exploring Zoaka or even doing the quest there. Now they cannot, so their fun was taken away. Not to mention, Gaudiguch cannot do it's Epic Quest cycle, so that's robbed a few people of having -fun- doing that. How would you feel if Clarramore got destroyed and you couldn't start your epic quest? Even if it's just temporary, it still sucks.

Hallifax got to fire a weapon and destroy a hunting area. That should be enough for you. Sorry guys, but you're not the only ones allowed to have fun.

No one can do their epic quests. Destroying Mount Zoaka wouldn't have changed that.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Ventidius said:
    You know, somewhere out there is a person, player or character, who enjoyed and had -fun- with exploring Zoaka or even doing the quest there. Now they cannot, so their fun was taken away. Not to mention, Gaudiguch cannot do it's Epic Quest cycle, so that's robbed a few people of having -fun- doing that. How would you feel if Clarramore got destroyed and you couldn't start your epic quest? Even if it's just temporary, it still sucks.

No one can do their epic quests. Destroying Mount Zoaka wouldn't have changed that.
    What's stopping them? Are the denizens not responding correctly or something?
  • edited December 2015
    I love how Hallifax is the victim.

Gaudiguch and Magnagora have gotten the short end of the stick so far.

Gaudiguch getting an important area destroyed.

Magnagora getting lol 20 mobs at once while other orgs get far less.
  • Chirbo said:
    I love how Hallifax is the victim.

Gaudiguch literally has their epic hindered.
    Chirbo, I know you're not this stupid.
  • Isn't Mt. Zoaka the only place to get ember lizards to make lumps of resin for Sako? Epics nothing, how do you expect him to keep entertained while driving in circles for eternity if he doesn't have some good stuff to smoke? Talk about ruining fun.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I think Seren and Gloms might be disabled because Luella decided to rectify the situation in Hifarae. Gloms at least.
  • edited December 2015
    I didn't realize until I was informed, thanks @Tekora.

You'll see I edited.

PS it's not stupid I didn't know, just uninformed.
  • Guys, Ayisdra just said.

Nobody can do their Epics right now. This has been the case since the event began.

I don't see what's so hard to understand.
  • Frankly a lot of Hallifax is being a bit overdramatic.

While I logged in at work the OOC clan was pretty bad, fuck showing up at least 5 times in the twenty minutes I watched it, and then having people straight up rage quit.
  • Alright Tekora, we get it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Yes, first, a mob necessary for both Seren's and Glom's epic quest was permanently killed. Now, the entirety of the Hifarae Hills is locked out--can't enter it. So yes, we can't do our epic quests, either.

Honestly, this whole, "We should roll over and blindly follow xyz or else the admin will take their new toy they're obviously giving us!" thinking is ludicrously flawed. The High Gods have said and done things that the admin know specifically will rile some players and lead to contention. It would be horribly boring if nothing like that happened.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Gosh, you Hallis are cray IRL.
  • Celina, you're going to get at least 3 abuse flags. Stop being sooo mean.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Just 10% tea?  :-w

technically according to his ratios, it could be upwards of 13% tea. I mean, that's close to 1/6 tea.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Nyxx said:
    Synkarin said:
    So grow a pair and oppose your leaders - vote them out of office or whatever you want to do.

Try to do that in hallifax and you get "personally arrested" and removed from the city by our "minister of peace". Again. Ruining all the fun of the event if you get kicked out of your org for trying to do what they clearly want you to do to further along the event.

As for this, if you feel that contesting someone in charge will get you punished, I urge you to use the issue system or email support.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I feel everyone needs to just breathe. It's a game. Have fun! 

So I love playing a religious character. I do feel there are more people now than I ever remember there being who don't enjoy playing religious or God-respecting characters, but to imagine everyone in this event is joining that camp just by being skeptical is acting a wee bit dramatic. I for one am playing ride or die for the Elder Gods RPly, and don't get who these random high God upstarts are (but secretly Sciomore, you da bees' knees in my book).

It's a bit like Halli has been taken over by a totalitarian state. Which is kind of amazingly fun to RP a quiet rebellion for. Why aren't we passing out propaganda pamphlets, guys?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
This discussion has been closed.