Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So contest the Board members..... you have avenues available to you. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It'd be wonderful if you could contest a member for council directly (not having to be in guild). Oh the cataclysm that would do in this current event. You'd have your Pro-Higher Gods vs Anti-Higher Gods factions.
  • edited December 2015
    The thing about playing in an organization is that you temper your individual personality to the social dynamics of the group. Get more people in the group to support your idea, challenge the incumbent, and change the course of action of the organization.

EDIT: You might not even have to contest the Board/your GM. If you get enough regular citizens on your side, you can have them bow to pressure and support Scio. Politics, yo.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2015
    I remember receiving oodles of threats (death, city/order kicking, other far less savoury ones) for roleplaying a half-hearted alignment to the Army of Love for less than an hour. This is just part of Big Event Fun, and tbh people need to complain less. If you make the decision for your character to commit to any tangent of a plot device, you are simultaneously welcoming whatever outcomes could arise as a result - the good and the bad. Guess what, you don't always get to have your cake and eat it too, someone has to get the short end of the stick. Consequences happen, and there is a proper way to deal with/undo them. Bitching on the forums is not the way.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Maybe we should be able to contest council positions by way of a cooking battle.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I support this. 
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2015
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    That's @Mysrai, the Chairman
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited December 2015
    I'm interested in seeing @Nyxx post anything where it was said that citizens of Hallifax would be kicked out if they helped fire this weapon again.

I'll wait.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    I'm interested in seeing @Nyxx post anything where it was said that citizens of Hallifax would be kicked out if they helped fire this weapon again.

I'll wait.

At work right now and dont have the log of Davos saying it on the BoD clan
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    There are two problems here, Nyxx.

The first problem is that you feel all avenues of RP should be open to you. They aren't. There are consequences, and the Board feels like using this superweapon is a bad idea. Davos, despite his zeal, is using valid RP: His position dictates that the good of the city should be considered over the good of one person, or even the wants of one person. So, really, you have two choices: Oppose him and hope it works out, or go along with him and hope it works out.

The second is that you think we're opposing this for OOC reasons. We're not. OOCly, I'm all for using this weapon more to see what we can blow up. ICly, I'm (as Entrias) opposed to the idea of using a super weapon to attack people because collateral damage isn't acceptable. When the weapon was fired, only one person was killed. Not Shuyin, or Synkarin, or some other big baddie. Yarou was killed, a kid from Gaudi isn't even an enemy. Is it so hard to ponder the idea that not everyone from Hallifax just wants to slaughter people from Gaudiguch? What part of any of this is OOC reasoning?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Pejat said:
    People think Hallifax is making a noble stand against using a superweapon.
    Nobody outside Hallifax thinks this, if it makes you feel better.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    I do feel better. My street cred was in danger.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • ROFL it's like these Higher Gods are implementing everything Arcanis has ever dreamed of.

much <3
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Talan said:
    Pejat said:
    People think Hallifax is making a noble stand against using a superweapon.
    I think this T_T
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I am loving this event so damn much hahaha :D
  • Lol, the Zealotry vs Heresy gambits are very fun
  • Well serenwilde didnt last long being cast out from their home. Was hoping for at least 1 day. Tch
  • Shaddus said:
    There are two problems here, Nyxx.

The first problem is that you feel all avenues of RP should be open to you. They aren't. There are consequences, and the Board feels like using this superweapon is a bad idea. Davos, despite his zeal, is using valid RP: His position dictates that the good of the city should be considered over the good of one person, or even the wants of one person. So, really, you have two choices: Oppose him and hope it works out, or go along with him and hope it works out.

The second is that you think we're opposing this for OOC reasons. We're not. OOCly, I'm all for using this weapon more to see what we can blow up. ICly, I'm (as Entrias) opposed to the idea of using a super weapon to attack people because collateral damage isn't acceptable. When the weapon was fired, only one person was killed. Not Shuyin, or Synkarin, or some other big baddie. Yarou was killed, a kid from Gaudi isn't even an enemy. Is it so hard to ponder the idea that not everyone from Hallifax just wants to slaughter people from Gaudiguch? What part of any of this is OOC reasoning?
    You can deny that one all you want and I really don't care. you werent actually online last night when Davos was arguing with us about how "we don't understand because we don't have to deal with the outcomes of 50+ people yelling at you in tells and we just dont wanna deal with that bullshit so we're not gunna do it" that may not be the ONLY reason.. but don't stand there and tell me that isn't using an OOC reason as an acceptable reason. it's not an acceptable reason. 
    edited December 2015
    Tells are not OOC, they are IC

So not wanting to deal with 50+ million bullshit tells could certainly be an IC reason. 

Edit: <- me standing here and telling you it isn't OOC.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Oh shit, Hoody is taking over forums too. 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm kind of weirded out by the whole 'High Gods read your mind (tells/channels/secret languages) and are listening in whenever' thing, I can't really RP anything that Enya would do, because her reaction to that would be to say nothing and make secret plans. The problem is that in the context of a MUD, a totally secret plan has zero mechanical support, no matter how cool it is. 
    Just gotta be more secretive -manical laughter-

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.

• Tekora said:
    Guys, Ayisdra just said.

Nobody can do their Epics right now. This has been the case since the event began.

I don't see what's so hard to understand.
    Calm down. Just because someone says something on the forums doesn't mean it's true. I require facts and evidence. My point still stands about removing a cool hunting area.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    They have forums accounts now, they're here to stay.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Frai said:
    Celina said:
    Oh shit, Hoody is taking over forums too. 
    Join me, Gail, and we will rule these forums together.

I like you. Can Halli have you instead of Sciomore?
This discussion has been closed.