Alliances

Comments

• I'm not super attached to Celest (because they don't reciprocate my LOVE :( ). I just get antsy when noncoms suffer consequences because of PK mechanics. I want everyone to enjoy the game is all.

And because I need to say it, everytime I'm on my Glom alt, I've only ever seen @Siam AFK at the Ravenwood. So between that and the peanut gallery posts on the forums, I'd say his attitude needs an adjustment.

• Sounds to me as if you are referring to yourself honestly. Though thats none of my business. -sips tea-
    Celina said:
    You know, one of the perks of moving away from all this mess is I don't have to deal with people who can, in all seriousness, be unapologetic and almost proud, about their refusal to do anything that is not their way while faulting others for not being particularly good at communication. It's a thing. If people are not coming to you with questions or discussions, maybe it's time to consider it's not them, it's you.

You've all but said "I'm not changing shit, but you should have asked anyway." YEAH OK PASS.

You do you girl, I made my peace and decided to play elsewhere. 

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I dunno, I would get snippy too if I got attacked about my contributions to the game after making an offhand remark about tea.

Re: aeden - don't ever see him do anything without celest, in fact now that I think about it, I only see him as part of a gank with allies, never alone.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I'll go ahead and stop this now. You're both wrong, let it go.

If you think you know how much a player is involved or contributing based on where you've anecdotally seen their character standing that one time you were alting or whatever, you need to stop, think about it, and then keep it to yourself.

I don't see Maligorn do anything ever. I don't see Kethaera do anything other than bash astral on occasion and that one raid defense against with Hallifax. That's not because you don't do anything, it's because I'm not directly involved with either of you on a daily basis, and I have the sense to recognize that just because I don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

Even if you were right, lambasting people over that as if it has any relation to the ongoing discussion, and not just an attempt to take a shot at someone, is not cool. 
  • I think this is the first moment I've realized that @Aeden is not a member of Celest. Huh.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Aeden said:
    -sips tea-

• That's because I don't go about my business like the goon squad would to attack randoms just because you can. He's quite capable of handling himself one on one whether or not if he kills or not. Proof is in recent failed Synkarin gank on astral a few days ago. Quite honestly, I have no need to be a prick to players.

Shuyin said:
    I dunno, I would get snippy too if I got attacked about my contributions to the game after making an offhand remark about tea. Re: aeden - don't ever see him do anything without celest, in fact now that I think about it, I only see him as part of a gank with allies, never alone.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I have no idea how that relates to the perception of not being seen to do anything aside from being a player ent.

But ok.

Celina is right though, it is a bit unfair to state that as fact but hey all I have are my own observations.
    Aeden said:
    Sounds to me as if you are referring to yourself honestly. Though thats none of my business. -sips tea-
    Celina said:
    You know, one of the perks of moving away from all this mess is I don't have to deal with people who can, in all seriousness, be unapologetic and almost proud, about their refusal to do anything that is not their way while faulting others for not being particularly good at communication. It's a thing. If people are not coming to you with questions or discussions, maybe it's time to consider it's not them, it's you.

You've all but said "I'm not changing shit, but you should have asked anyway." YEAH OK PASS.

You do you girl, I made my peace and decided to play elsewhere. 

1) You quote awkwardly.

2) Nope, it's not! How would you know? We've never spoken. 
  • edited October 2015
    No, I meant Aeden. And all I was pointing out was that for the most part Hallifax is cool and butts out of Celest v Mag stuff, except for Aeden who comes to sea battle nonsense and mag raids more often than most Celestians do. I don't count domoths because they're all fun and games. *Except for silly absolves but I need a whole new thread to breakdown how ridiculous absolve mechanics are, womp womp* Which is not a whinge, I was just trying to relate to how Hallifax is like the gentleman frenemy.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ridiculous.
  • @Kethaera Are you seriously belittling @Celina 's and @Siam 's contributions to Glomdoring? Seriously? Even I, who often played on the "north" side of the game spectrum with other characters, know that these two (along with others, sure), play big roles. You should check out Glomdoring's history. Rise of Glom, Glom vs The World, etc. etc. I can assure you that their contributions, separately, eclipse yours by a very massive margin. Once you've done something other than pushing for a hopeless alliance with Celest and Hallifax, maybe you can barge in here with your flag waving flags and cry bull, but until then, ease down on these types of attacks.

And yes, the alliance with Celest and Hallifax was hopeless. From an IC perspective, it makes the easiest sense. Yay, kephera vs illithoid. Or something to that effect. OOCly speaking, the players of the north like each other more than they like the players of Glomdoring. You said it yourself -- we all RP, and stay in-character probably 95% of the time, but our OOC interests bleed in, too. For a very long time, the players of Gaudiguch-Glomdoring and Hallifax-Serenwilde have been tied together (it's really only Celest and Magnagora who switched sides, player-wise). Sure, there are exceptions to this, but for the most part, friends like to play with friends. Big surprise. Bonus: those who have friends in Gaudiguch outnumber you who have friends in Hallifax.

Pro-tip: The location of more friends is not a surefire indicator of preferred direction. If that was the case, this would've been over months ago.
  • Xenthos said:
    Ridiculous.
    Why you gotta be like that? :(
    Thalkros said:

Xenthos said:

Ridiculous.

Why you gotta be like that? :(

One of my pet peeves. I have just a few of them. Thank you for fixing it! <3
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Angstgasm.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Eodh said:
    @Kethaera Are you seriously belittling @Celina 's and @Siam 's contributions to Glomdoring? Seriously? Even I, who often played on the "north" side of the game spectrum with other characters, know that these two (along with others, sure), play big roles. You should check out Glomdoring's history. Rise of Glom, Glom vs The World, etc. etc. I can assure you that their contributions, separately, eclipse yours by a very massive margin. Once you've done something other than pushing for a hopeless alliance with Celest and Hallifax, maybe you can barge in here with your flag waving flags and cry bull, but until then, ease down on these types of attacks.
    @Eodh, please stop bringing up the history of Lusternia as if that has anything to do with the present conflict- which, unless you have a Glom alt, I find it hard to believe you know what the present conflict looks like. And no, I said nothing about @Celina or her contributions to Glomdoring, and I have never said I have any problem with the way Celina plays her character, either.

As for @Siam, I acknowledge that I should not have said what I did in response to his baiting. 
    And yes, the alliance with Celest and Hallifax was hopeless. From an IC perspective, it makes the easiest sense. Yay, kephera vs illithoid. Or something to that effect. OOCly speaking, the players of the north like each other more than they like the players of Glomdoring. You said it yourself -- we all RP, and stay in-character probably 95% of the time, but our OOC interests bleed in, too. For a very long time, the players of Gaudiguch-Glomdoring and Hallifax-Serenwilde have been tied together (it's really only Celest and Magnagora who switched sides, player-wise). Sure, there are exceptions to this, but for the most part, friends like to play with friends. Big surprise. Bonus: those who have friends in Gaudiguch outnumber you who have friends in Hallifax.

Ok? I don't see what your point is or why that has anything to do with whether or not I should have made the attempt in the first place or whether it made sense, IC. 

"Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I posted from my phone, and sometimes autocorrect just assumes what you typed was right and gives you no other option. Womp womp wooooommmmp

Also, man after reading like 6 and a half pages of dirty laundry being thrown around between Gloms/former Gloms... I'm so glad I'm a benevolent Warkros and everyone likes me and we all get along and go on picnics and do painting with a twist.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Good for you, Thalkros. The rest of us are clearly just wallflowers. 

Incidentally, does any like a flag?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Painting with a twist is so much fun. Assuming you mean painting and getting hammered on wine.

I did one with tequila once too.
  • I feel you there Thalkros, Hallifax arguments are like "How many credits should we give to people that learn flashpoint and prove they understand its use? 25? Okay, well maybe not, lets talk about it"
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • edited October 2015
    Davos said:
    I feel you there Thalkros, Hallifax arguments are like "How many credits should we give to people that learn flashpoint and prove they understand its use? 25? Okay, well maybe not, lets talk about it"
    Council clan arguments thus far since becoming Warlord have been 'Guys make us a Seal already so my letters don't look like a peasant sent it.' and 'Hey how cheap should we sell these credits in the sale and is having 1500 up for sale too little, should we go to 2k?"
  • Thalkros said:
    No, I meant Aeden. And all I was pointing out was that for the most part Hallifax is cool and butts out of Celest v Mag stuff, except for Aeden who comes to sea battle nonsense and mag raids more often than most Celestians do. I don't count domoths because they're all fun and games. *Except for silly absolves but I need a whole new thread to breakdown how ridiculous absolve mechanics are, womp womp* Which is not a whinge, I was just trying to relate to how Hallifax is like the gentleman frenemy.

Wait a sec, raid nils? 3 raid nils this year from Aeden is more often than most Celestians? Last one being an utterly failed Demon Lord raid. I think someone gave you wrong information there. I think you have Taevyn confused with me on that. The Sea battles yes I have been on those frequently.

• Well yeah we give out rewards for a lot of things. But by selling to the underachieving masses I can solidify my hold as the Eternal Warkros. This way, when I want something for my next diabolical scheme I can just go "Hey, look at all those nice things I did for you. Just give me what I want already."
  • Protip: When dealing with Hallifaxians politically, always refer to @Pejat as Warlord, not Chairman. It's his proper title. He is Warjat.

Thalkros said:
    Well yeah we give out rewards for a lot of things. But by selling to the underachieving masses I can solidify my hold as the Eternal Warkros. This way, when I want something for my next diabolical scheme I can just go "Hey, look at all those nice things I did for you. Just give me what I want already."
    Hey, @Thalkros. When's the last time you've done anything useful for Mag? Do you count the insulting posts you write on Council? The time spent standing around the Megalith being questionably logged in? HUH? HUH? HUH?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Besides, that's not something important to be concerned about, there's much more critical issues TO be concerned about than why someone is involving themself in on that. Though, that'll be all from me for now. I'll read the vile forums again sometime six months down the line as usual. :)
  • Siam said:
    Thalkros said:
    Well yeah we give out rewards for a lot of things. But by selling to the underachieving masses I can solidify my hold as the Eternal Warkros. This way, when I want something for my next diabolical scheme I can just go "Hey, look at all those nice things I did for you. Just give me what I want already."
    Hey, @Thalkros. When's the last time you've done anything useful for Mag? Do you count the insulting posts you write on Council? The time spent standing around the Megalith being questionably logged in? HUH? HUH? HUH?

I don't even know who you are @Siam. Did you just come out the chargen? Do you even Glom, bro?

Fond thoughts of your homeland, Glomdoring, fill your head as you leave it, ready to embark on new adventures elsewhere.

Me no Glom no more. I crai.

#bringShikariback