Alliances

Comments

• Kaalak said:
    Arcanis said:
    While we are at it, let's dissolve all the, far too numerous, guilds. We all know people who arent all that qualified are just filling empty spots from lacking numbers.

Remove city/commune councils, make 3 guilds, focus on guilds for RPz. GG

You supported Solange. She quit after less than three weeks. How does that make you capable of judging the qualified?

I probably shouldnt be pulling this string since it is too easy, but Solange left not from exhaustion or frustration, but from family problems. Fate just worked out that way.

Celina said:
    Let us destroy it all and rebuild. Start anew. Lusternia reborn in Arcanis's image. 

Ah, now you're getting it!
  • Oh please. You left the door open for that one Arcanis. Step up your game :D
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Xenthos said:
    But that was the point?
    It is possible to make forum posts without intentionally aiming to be a "douche" (since you seem to be fully agreeing with the descriptor here). It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, just makes you look a bit immature, especially when you keep doing the same thing over and over.
    The aforementioned point remains.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Siam said:
    Xenthos said:
    But that was the point?
    It is possible to make forum posts without intentionally aiming to be a "douche" (since you seem to be fully agreeing with the descriptor here). It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, just makes you look a bit immature, especially when you keep doing the same thing over and over.
    Not really.  You're stamping the point into the ground with your fingers in your ears, going "Neener neener neener!"  It is absolutely unrecognizable at this point, all that remains is you throwing a bit of a tantrum even though she both acknowledged she went too far and took the mature route (not responding to your further provocations).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Archivists are allowed to edit guild - flagged books in the guild libraries.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Xenthos said:
    Siam said:
    Xenthos said:
    But that was the point?
    Not really.  You're stamping the point into the ground with your fingers in your ears, going "Neener neener neener!"  It is absolutely unrecognizable at this point, all that remains is you throwing a bit of a tantrum even though she both acknowledged she went too far and took the mature route (not responding to your further provocations).
    Your very obviously selective criticisms are thoroughly noted at this point. You can let it go. 
    Celina said:

Xenthos said:

Siam said:

Xenthos said:

Siam said:

But that was the point?

It is possible to make forum posts without intentionally aiming to be a "douche" (since you seem to be fully agreeing with the descriptor here).

It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, just makes you look a bit immature, especially when you keep doing the same thing over and over.

Your very obviously selective criticisms are thoroughly noted at this point. You can let it go. 

Who is being selectively critical here? One person has ceased involving themselves with attacking the other, while said other is taking some perverse pleasure out of continuing to throw punches.

Perhaps try looking at it from a third-party viewpoint instead of letting your biases skew your thought process.
  • edited October 2015
    Anyway, Alliances. 

Just something to complain about or are their structural changes that can be made that have not been discussed? 

Would a concentration of political power by deleting some guild leaderships be useful?  

If the player base voted and there was a simple majority in favor of admin (city gods) encouraging conflict between their community and all members non-community would the entire player base accept this situation? 

Has the discussion run it's course?

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    It's not a matter of concentrating power, what we need is a concentration of population
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    As rare of a delicacy as reading 10 pages of glom drama is, I would have to say that arguing about a person's douchines contributes about the same amount of worth to the discussion as tantrums do.

Can we go back to destroying guilds now or can I just get a pastebin of the news.
    There is a slight problem with that, in that the douchiness is happening regardless of whether or not it is being argued about (which is the only reason I even said anything in the first place). It is just randomly being inserted into the conversation for no other reason.

I will happily let the conversation go back to what it was, though. I feel I have made my point. :)
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Admin forum nazis.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

edited October 2015
    edit: The sanctimonious crap is nauseating. 

Consolidating guilds, I don't think, will actually address much. We more or less resolved the guild level population concerns with the guild bond thing (I forget what it's called now). I think we're more or less stuck with the population issue so long as we have 6 orgs, and I don't see that number changing. 
    INVOKE GODWIN
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited October 2015
    Eliron said:
    I know of exactly one other Shee-Slaugh with Hallifaxian friends. I'm not going to pretend to speak for her, only say that any tea she had with them outside of her assigned duties as Ambassador never escalated to the level of inviting me or, as far as I know, the rest of the family to join in. I imagine some other Shee-Slaugh know Hallifaxians, but it's not something any of them has felt a need to discuss with me in regards to treaties, or ever.
    Oh, right. You were talking about me, weren't you? For the record, I've never considered Keth to be that close to any of the Hallifaxians other than @Daraius, and I only occasionally kept in contact with him after returning to Glomdoring. I'm sure there was tea, but he has a shop outside of a manse for that. Every other conversation I had with someone from Hallifax was either about the treaty, Glom/Halli conflict, or 'where should we meet for that <village/domoth/defense>. For a while, there was some personal rp with Keth having fond memories of Hallifax itself(which is really the main reason I joined in that defense of their plane that one time- also, it was fun)- but even that didn't last for very long. My preference for alliances may have been influenced by sheer numbers of Hallifaxians I "knew of" versus those of Gaudi, but there were also justifications based on what @Eliron said about Mag/Gaudi- it had very little to do with wanting to rp with any of them.

...Matter of fact, the lack of close Hallifaxian friends was the biggest reason I left, along with not being able to advance in the guild(which was entirely my fault, I don't want to give anyone the wrong impression)- mostly due to non-Lusternia reasons that came up not long after I joined where I wasn't playing at all. When I came back, it was hard to adjust, I missed @Eliron and @Xenthos... and @Manteekan seemed really cool. So ironically, I feel like I was never very attached to the place at all, and yet that seemed always seemed to be the accusation leveled when I moved back... "too attached to Hallifax." *Shrug* It didn't have that much of an impact on anything.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Guild covenants definitely help. We could do nation covenants to condense things down into three modular organizations. This would also make 3v3 unstable because everyone would want a covenant. Is this a good thing? 'I don't know but my gut says maybe.'
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    What.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Pejat said:
    Guild covenants definitely help. We could do nation covenants to condense things down into three modular organizations. This would also make 3v3 unstable because everyone would want a covenant. Is this a good thing? 'I don't know but my gut says maybe.'
    Unless you're the odd guild out. No options for them.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Delete monks bards. Problem solved!
    Further consolidating guilds solves problems, just not problems relevant to this thread. I agree that the best way to deal with the necessity of wonky alliances and thin roleplaying is to less thinly spread the population across too many orgs. I get that this isn't going to be likely, and that's a shame. 
    I'm of the opinion that divine are (icly) replaceable. If an org makes a decision that a divine is against, said divine can throw a fit all they want. They can toss disfavors around, refuse to do patron duties and whatnot, but it's not up to Them. It's up to the mortals, and if the divine don't like it, they can kick rocks.
    That's kind of how it mostly plays out, partially because of the necessity of having some alliance, if not the particular one players are in. 
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I agree. Unfortunately it's all too common for divine to blackmail their orgs into their shortsighted political agendas. It works because divine offer roleplay opportunities that enhance Org culture and no one wants to be responsible for throwing that away.
  • edited October 2015
    Shaddus said:
    I'm of the opinion that divine are (icly) replaceable. If an org makes a decision that a divine is against, said divine can throw a fit all they want. They can toss disfavors around, refuse to do patron duties and whatnot, but it's not up to Them. It's up to the mortals, and if the divine don't like it, they can kick rocks.
    Idk, refusing to act as a patron would seem fairly douchey, but it depends on what the request was I guess and how far against the divine's desires for the guild it would be(roleplay, rather). I do think it makes for interesting conflict when gods take an active role in politics, when it isn't taken too far.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    It's kind of hard to make statements about how well it goes, because we have no way of knowing if a god goes inactive in response to player actions, or because of RL stuff, or because of internal administrative things. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So, what you're saying is that we should just blow up two orgs.
    I vote Serenwilde and Celest - 

Gaudi will welcome most of you with open arms

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Heh. Any kind of 'blowing up' would be best done as a merger between two orgs, not one org just getting deleted.