Alliances

Comments

• Only person I don't see pretty much daily in Hallifax is Elanorwen and Steward is open to application now anyways. Interesting, the two cities with the most holdings also have the most active leaderships
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
  • That's generally the case. Active leadership means there is an active populace to compete in things like villages, domoths, flares, and wild nodes.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    So you're saying the most active organizations also happen to be the most active.

I think we've stumbled on to something.
  • Ah, I see. So if Glomdoring's administration was active, They'd have more holdings. I think we figured out how to save Glomdoring guys. Thanks, Celina!
    Congratulations! By order of Newt Blasterson, you've been named a Master of the Aetherways!
    2015/12/09 23:54:29 - Pejat drained 2000000 power to raise Davos as a Vernal Ascendant.
    You use 80,000,000 of your divine essence. You gain BeauteousThought as a supernumerary power.
    NP. Glom actually has a fair amount of inactive Court members. Ebonguard were sitting on an inactive GC for like 50+ IC years. 
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    The other trick would be for things like revolts, flares, domoths, and the like to conform to my playing times already.  The most heartbreaking is when there's an hour left at work, and oh, hey, revolts just kicked off.  Well, eff me.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Davos said:
    Ah, I see. So if Glomdoring's administration was active, They'd have more holdings. I think we figured out how to save Glomdoring guys. Thanks, Celina!
    Such non-sense! "Stagnant" Glomdoring will by carried to victory by the sheer political expertise of our dearest, most active, has-contributed-the-most members. FAI' GLOMDORING!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    But that was the point?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Oh, by all means then.  Carry on.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I actually just figured the orgs with less holdings just have a shifty population spread - less coverage during the inconveniently timed revolts and so on.

For example, if hallifax just happens to have people who love staying on 24/7, better chance of getting a village.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shuyin said:

I actually just figured the orgs with less holdings just have a shifty population spread - less coverage during the inconveniently timed revolts and so on.

For example, if hallifax just happens to have people who love staying on 24/7, better chance of getting a village.

You can't be serious. Are you sure?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • We could go the unconventional route and dissolve City/Commune leadership mechanics and simply make them glorified RP hubs. Yes, I know the power hungry that thrive off controlling others would riot.
    Ah yes, the evil org leaders joining with the evil envoys to lord their e-powers over the pitiful plebeians of Lusternia. 
    Go for it in my book. Couldn't hurt.
    Don't look into that too much. I just mean that people who put in a lot of play time have a higher chance of participating in things.
    Can we keep guild champions? I want me sweet no karma loss. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Saran said:
    @Eodh it may depend but I've always seen the councils appearing to function as equals. 

What I've experienced and what I've heard has reinforced this impression that GMs consider themselves equal with the CL and often above the Family Seat. Of course, there's nothing really to be done, because again the GMs only need to care about their guild and it comes around again to well... the GM can vote against the CL if it comes to an election, the CL can only do that if they're in the right guild.
    I can't speak for any other people who've been GM, but it's Ev's personal opinion that family head's shouldn't even be on the Council, so yes, he absolutely thinks the GMs have a higher authority than the family heads. To him, family heads are like... Anakin Skywalker, when Chancellor Palpatine appointed him as his personal representative to the Jedi Council: accepted, grudgingly, but not taken very seriously.

But, Ev's not a GM, so his opinion doesn't really matter. As for if GMs are equal to CLs, that seems to be how the Moonhart Circle has tried to understand itself, but I suppose it depends on the CL.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Heaven help the org that ever lets me be the cl.
  • Stratas said:
    Sylandra said:
    How do you drink tea amidst such smells!
    I make tea that tastes like nightmares and rotting wood, and @Corissai made one brewed from swamp ooze and ash. Our teahouse is a vast, shadowy cathedral inside a cave, decorated with a deathwatch beetle and a squonk teapot whose tears you are served to drink. The smell of Glomdoring is probably the most pleasant thing about our tea culture right now.
    I love, love, love what we're doing. I have some more tea for you guys coming soon. @Stratas @Corissai.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Siam said:

But that was the point?

It is possible to make forum posts without intentionally aiming to be a "douche" (since you seem to be fully agreeing with the descriptor here).

It certainly adds nothing to the discussion, just makes you look a bit immature, especially when you keep doing the same thing over and over.
  • While we are at it, let's dissolve all the, far too numerous, guilds. We all know people who arent all that qualified are just filling empty spots from lacking numbers.

Remove city/commune councils, make 3 guilds, focus on guilds for RPz. GG
    Let us destroy it all and rebuild. Start anew. Lusternia reborn in Arcanis's image. 
    Let's be honest, lusternia has been due for an organization restructure for a long time now. I never really hid my belief that destroying guilds as they currently are will only be a huge benefit.
    Well I was only mocking out of obligation. I'm down with 3 "guilds" per org. No reason to destroy org leadership though. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I did like it back when it was 3 guilds per org, but I do kinda like some of the lore some of the newer guilds added. Tough things, tough things :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • You guys know you can do pretty much whatever you want and aren't actually bound by any player-implemented rules/laws/conventions, right?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Lusternia hasn't been growing for years. The large majority of org problems stems from this.
  • Arcanis said:
    While we are at it, let's dissolve all the, far too numerous, guilds. We all know people who arent all that qualified are just filling empty spots from lacking numbers.

Remove city/commune councils, make 3 guilds, focus on guilds for RPz. GG

You supported Solange. She quit after less than three weeks. How does that make you capable of judging the qualified?
    edited October 2015
    Even during the golden days of...hm, I think I enjoyed haigloh/glom vs the world the most (2010? Citation needed), we still had too many positions.

I mean wtf is an archivist for.