Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Things that still confuse me:

1) Ieptix was gung-ho about lynching Celina, meaning it's doubtful he and Celina were aligned together as scum.
    2) I can confirm Ieptix is not the spy.
    But also,
    3) If Ieptix has a nightpower, he's clearly been lying to us over and over. Alternatively, Tremula is lying to cover Lavinya's ass.

From what I gather here, Ieptix's hypothetical night power is mostly likely pro-Town and dangerous to scum, hence him not wanting to mention it. So I'm not totally convinced he's scum as a result of this lie.

But I am a little heartbroken. =((
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • For the love of Odin, where was Mr. "Lynch lynch lynch" with the clinching vote.

Before my last post, I have not lied once in this game. I have a secret, however, and it is a rather major one, and I have kept it secret for four reasons:

1) It has, up to this point, not been of any relevance to the on-goings of the game.
    2) It will very likely put a massive target on my head for the mafia.
    3) If the mafia decides to off me because of this, the town will very likely lose access to a thus-far indeterminate, but likely very effectual, power. I have theories about what this power might do, but nothing concrete.
    4) If the mafia doesn't kill me, the spy very likely would be able to gain information to duplicate this power for the mafia. In fact, I believe on night 3(? whatever night someone went through my office), they may have gained that intelligence and started their own work, but this is speculation.

Chirbo and Sylandra are the only people I am completely convinced are town, so if they want me to press forward, I will. It is very much in our best interest to not share this with the mafia, however.

7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • That post is probably enough to see me dead this night, unless we manage a lynch and a block, but whatevs.
    You know what that is a huge softclaim but I'm going to agree with you because I totally buy it.

Also for the reasons I just posted above I believe that you're working in the town's best interest. Thank you for explaining!

Vote Lavinya
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm more nervous about what his super secret scummy secret is, and I doubt it will be revealed, instead he will push to lynch me and continue with his scummy ways. Nuhuh. Nope. Nope nope. Not letting you do that to the project, foul saboteur! 

I STRONGLY ADVISE WE DISMISS IEPTIX. (vote Ieptix)

O @Silvanus, where art thy vote counts?
    Daraius said:
  • If I'm not mistaken, it's currently 4/4 for both Lavinya and myself (assuming Lavinya was truthsaying about her power doubling her vote).
  • I should say, for for each of us. 5 needed. This is including the McCarthy votes.
  • I feel like Tarkenton is watching this thread and either cackling with maniacal glee or slamming his head on his desk as hard as he can muster.
    Quite possibly both. 

Aw shiiiiiiiii--!

Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, it looks like I could end the day here, then. I have only one question, @Ieptix, that will decide my vote.

What about last night was so urgent that you thought it worthwhile to use this 'amasing power' you describe in your claim? If it's a good enough reason, I'll side with you. Otherwise, I see no reason Lavinya would have the extremely town-heavy power to increase her vote weight.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Day Five, Second Vote Count:

Sylandra - McCarthy (1)

Lavinya - McCarthy, Ieptix, Sylandra, Allyrianne (4)

Ieptix - McCarthy, Ushaara, Lavinya (4)

Ushaara - McCarthy (1)

Chirbo - McCarthy (1)

Tremula - McCarthy (1)

Allyrianne - McCarthy (1)

At Los Alamos, it takes FIVE votes to reach a majority (McCarthy counts as a person, Tarkenton does not).

TARKENTON IS UNABLE TO VOTE/BE VOTED FOR DAY 5.

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    It's up to @Chirbo and @Tremula now!

Daraius said:
  • Tremula said:
    Well, it looks like I could end the day here, then. I have only one question, @Ieptix, that will decide my vote.

What about last night was so urgent that you thought it worthwhile to use this 'amasing power' you describe in your claim? If it's a good enough reason, I'll side with you. Otherwise, I see no reason Lavinya would have the extremely town-heavy power to increase her vote weight.
    I did not use a power, as I do not yet have access to one; I was leaving (passively; I have no control over this, though apparently roleblocking works) (I wasn't lying when I said I have no power I can use at night, at least at present) for a meeting with a key person involved with the project, which would have brought me closer to unlocking whatever it is that will be unlocked. Each night this ticks forward a bit, passively. I have no way to see how far advanced I am. The mechanics behind all this are also not 100% explicit, but based on the flavour text I receive each night, and choice bits of my rolesheet, I'm pretty sure this is how it works.
  • I thought that gif was House at a glance. I was disappointed when it wasn't. :C
    ....why does it sound more and more like Ieptix could be the spy? Honestly. Super secret mission he can't reveal that doesn't actually do anything but keep him around and eventually it might? Come on.

• Like I said, I'll reveal if the people I trust to be town ask for it. Until then, I'm not going to let Lavinya the Spy try and dictate my actions. Nuh-uh.
    *zips lips* I'm trusting Ieptix on this one. If you want to know why, I already posted earlier why I'm down for his explanation.

Plus, how often do I have to say this? I confirmed that Ieptix is not the spy.
    Daraius said:
    Lavi, anything to offer in defence?

^Tremula RN.
    Daraius said:
    Yes you did. And then we were told the spy has taken on a new name. What if - just bear with me here - what if as far as the game goes, a new person became the spy? What if, the new persona of the spy is Ieptix. Why else does he leave his office for super secret missions? Why else has he got no power?

And we know Synkarin flipped innocent....but imagine for a second that it was all part of a master strategy. Sylandra and Ieptix, confirming each other, covered by another definite townie. Who would question it? Why would anyone question it?? Except I -know- I am not the spy. I have been open about my role and my abilities. Ieptix? Not at all. Why do I suddenly feel like we are dancing at the end of some very very tricksy puppet strings?? So confused about everything.

Ooh. Ooh ooh. Ok gimme a sec, been rereading and I have questions for Ieptix.Don't kill me yet!

• The spy took on a new name, having started with Klaus Fuchs. My name was confirmed before the spy took the new name, and it was not Klaus. Additionally, Sylandra's power would have been worthless if one of the people she selected turned out to be the spy but it didn't actually let her catch them. Trying to turn this into a game of musical chairs seems like a really big stretch and a massive attempt at deflection.

Also, as a note, I cannot confirm Sylandra. I trust she is a townie based on her actions and Chirbo's investigation from night 1, but I have no way of knowing that they're not both lying. I just find it vanishingly unlikely.
  • Lavinya said:
    Ooh. Ooh ooh. Ok gimme a sec, been rereading and I have questions for Ieptix.Don't kill me yet!
    Of course. After all, it's the spy's job to get information, isn't it?

Lavinya's theory sounds so... convoluted. It would also assume that the spy is part of a larger group, which imo only makes sense if Fuchs is mafia and not third party. But remember: Ieptix and I were the ones who spearheaded Celina's lynch. In fact, I was the first person to vote Celina, and the only person other than Chirbo iirc who didn't flipflop. Why would we do this if Celina was our teammate? We could have easily lynched Chirbo instead, even though he's allegedly lynchproof, just to end the day. Unless you want to say Chirbo was in on it too?

Chirbo confirmed me as town and confirmed Celina as scum. He also confirmed Tremula as town. You can be suspicious of Tremula and I, but the fact that we lynched Celina and she turned up scum does shed some reliability on Chirbo's investigations.

If you aren't the spy, Lavinya, suffice it to say that I will be turning my suspicious face towards other players. But the way you're theorizing doesn't make sense right now.
    Daraius said:
  • Too lazy to read, requesting vote count
    @Sylandra I actually have a gif I'm waiting to use after I cast the vote.

• Silvanus said:

Sylandra - McCarthy (1)

Ushaara - McCarthy (1)

Chirbo - McCarthy (1)

Tremula - McCarthy (1)

At Los Alamos, it takes FIVE votes to reach a majority (McCarthy counts as a person, Tarkenton does not).

o

found it
    Silvanus said:

Sylandra - McCarthy (1)

Ushaara - McCarthy (1)

Chirbo - McCarthy (1)

Tremula - McCarthy (1)

Daraius said: