Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2016

Berlin Appeals to the World

The Soviet Union has announced a blockade of western Europe's occupied Berlin zones, and the suffering Germans have called for aide. President Truman has given permission to General Clay to organize the Airlift, known as Operation Vittles, to supply the people of Berlin and to halt Soviet aggresion.

"Things are really heating up over there again, aren't they?"

"Europe could not afford another war, especially the Home country," a worried British ponce plainfully states.

"Especially knowing that the Soviets successfully detonated a nuclear device, Joe-1, and, if you believe the Senator, have stolen our thermonuclear work. He only became famous because of Hiss hysteria, and now everyone believes him even though he hasn't been right yet!"

The bells ring, summoning all to gather.

On a raised platform in the middle of the lawn stands Senator McCarthy.

"It seems that Los Alamos does have a spy amongst us after all, regardless of how much you deny this. We know that the Soviets have stolen our thermonuclear work, as we have intercepted some of their agents carrying copies, multiple copies, of the work that came out of Los Alamos.

There can be no more mistakes!" He is near shouting at this point, pacing back and forth along the platform like a demagoguery madman, "Every single one of you are a suspect in my book. I will find the Soviet spy among you!" He storms off towards his new office, watching all of you work. He will vote every single one of you off the project, even if he knows you are innocent, in an attempt to find the spy amongst Los Alamos. All of you have one vote.

A Major General takes the stage after the Senator, "Before all of you go back to your work, I have two major announcements. If any of you have any issues for the next day, Tarkenton is taking a sick a day, and is INACTIVE for the remainder of the day.

Second, I would like to congratulate Synkarin on his new position in Washington, he was promoted to head Director of the National Science Foundation and took his leave last night. He will no longer be employed at Los Alamos."

It is now DAY FIVE, and the RED SCARE is here.

Day Five, First Vote Count:

Sylandra - McCarthy (1)

Lavinya - McCarthy (1)

Ieptix - McCarthy (1)

Ushaara - McCarthy (1)

Chirbo - McCarthy (1)

Tremula - McCarthy (1)

Allyrianne - McCarthy (1)

At Los Alamos, it takes FIVE votes to reach a majority (McCarthy counts as a person, Tarkenton does not).

TARKENTON IS UNABLE TO VOTE/BE VOTED FOR DAY 5.

Synkarin is eliminated, was town, watcher/tracker that can protect himself instead of watching or tracking.

(stolen from Sylandra)

Good Luck!
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • NO GET OUT
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What the hell, @Tarkenton. WAY TO BAIL.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I forgot to include he can't post either.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Can he  like our comments @Silvanus
    BLINK ONE FOR YES.

BLINK TWICE FOR NO.

(No he can't, that's a good call, thanks Chirbo! That's repayment for your editting, we are now even).
  • I had a master plan too, curses.
  • So best as I can tell I was roleblocked last night (given piles of meaningless paperwork), which is silly since I don't actually have a night action, as I mentioned previously.

Synkarin being eliminated is unfortunate.

I am curious if Tarkenton's sick day was his call, or was forced upon him. I doubt we have any good way to figure this out, though.

My money remains on Lavinya as the spy, and I would like to reiterate that I was trying to gun for lynching her for Allyrianne, but alas. I will hold off on voting until people have a chance to throw in some info, however.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Er. Lynching her instead of Allyrainne. Words are hard.
    Okay based on that alone I'm going to assume our roleblocker is not on our side. Why would you roleblock a person who 1) had a lot of verification for being pro-Town, and 2) didn't claim any powers? The only pro-Town reason that I can think of is to ensure you have nothing you do at night, but... given #1, I feel there are plenty of other people who the roleblocker should have spent time trying to block, yeah? Like say Lavinya, for the reasons Ieptix stated. Kind of sketch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • We had determined that Tremula was the blocker (and SecWar as well), no? That'd be a rather odd scum role, though with this game at this point I suppose it's possible. Or Tremula may have been lying about the role. Except Chirbo investigated and came up townie I think? So maybe there's another blocker? Or maybe Tremula doesn't trust me for some reason which is ridiculous because I am the most trustworthy person to ever exist. Or maybe it wasn't actually a roleblock, I'm not sure, but it sure seems like it. Specifically, I had soldiers deliver me paperwork and make me do a lab inspection. I just don't know.
  • Having our tracker eliminated sucks big time. Aaaaaa.
    That lines up with what Lavinya said happened to her. Iunno. Maybe Trem is just a roleblocker who makes unorthodox choices? I stand by the fact it is a bit sketch though.
    Daraius said:
  • So like how much scum is left

If Scum is less than 3 we should just lynch Lavinya and take our chances.
  • Assuming a 3-person mafia, which seems fitting for a 12-player game, I'd assume there are two remaining. But it's possible we had a 4-player mafia maybe, any more seems like it'd be getting imbalanced.

Also, it seems like McCarthy's votes are irrelevant for the game here; we still require 4 player votes, which we'd need anyway without McCarthy involved, unless I'm missing something?
    Or could be a tiny 2-person mafia and 1-third party? Hard to say without seeing it from Silvanus's perspective, hm.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I thought Ieptix was playing us for a fool with his lack of powers, and I thought if I blocked him with no firings I'd have figured something out. But he's a liar and takes good care of his cuttlefish, everything in the standard safety procedures checked out.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    *not a liar.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Of course I take good care of my cuttlefish. How else are we supposed to develop Reapers nuclear weapons? Cuttlefish are the most important aspect of the entire project!
  • Lynch lynch lynch
    Shh, let the people talk, or we'll have an Allyrianne no-lynch 2.0 moment.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I am not the spy you're looking for. I'm not sure how I can actually proclaim my innocence, my night was uneventful. 

I'm beginning to think that it's possible our spy is a survivor, quite likely they would view as town and appear as town? But they just need to avoid being outed to win. It's still entirely plausible that Ieptix is the spy, he is likely being completely honest about having no night powers too. Doesn't automatically mean it's not him.

Tremula took a big risk I think. The fact that Allyrianne was lynch proof is highly suspect in the first place if you ask me. If you were willing to vote for her, why not block her? Same goes for me, why not block me? It seems a very strange strategy. Perhaps just a hunch that didn't pay off but her leaping on to attempt to lynch Allyrianne and then not blocking one of the people who everyone seemed to discuss as guilty is weird. Not sure what to make of it. 

I still don't trust Allyrianne. I want to know about her evening trips. I think we're at the point in the game where anyone hiding information is probably not doing it in the interest of the project.

I confirmed the spy isn't Ieptix.
    Daraius said:
    Oh right, I forgot about that. In my defense I have caught man flu from my darling husband for Valentines (yes, MAN flu, don't you oppress me) and my head is all stuffed up and fuzzy. I may not make great sense in my posts.

• Well, Allyrianne didn't really get a chance to say anything before being lynched, and the day just began, and she also offered to explain her power after the vote, so ideally she will carry on with that. But what about you? What is your mysterious day powers? I don't recall you getting around to an explanation, so, I mean, anyone hiding information can't possibly be doing so for the good of the project.
  • lynch lynch lynch
    (Also wondering why Synkarin's alignment/role wasn't revealed upon his promotion the way everyone else's has been? Is that significant? Or did @Silvanus make an oopsie.)
    Daraius said:

• His alignment was, but not role, so I assumed it was an oops or an implicit nod to his claim.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Just to say I'm about but trackpad on the laptop has gone absolutely bonkers on me, making everything a pain and long posts on phone are also a pain. Will try make more contributive post later)
    My power is a one time double the weight of my vote, the flavour being that as an advisor to the project I can use my position to stress the importance of my statement. Obviously also as an advisor I can only push for it once, I'm no boss type person, just a dude with a professional opinion or somesuch.