Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• The thing is, we've fed Tremula all the information she'd need to make that claim. I'm curious to see who Lavinya's going to claim.

I'm feeling skeptical of Ieptix's power claim as well, given that Luce's removal said nothing about his being mason or remaining in contact with anyone. (Also I can't think who he'd be) he does pose a plausible theory about Oppenheimer, although I'm reluctant because... Oppenheimer.

I'm very curious to hear from Lavinya at this point. I think at present I have the highest suspicion of her.

Also be nice to hear a bit from Chirbo or Sylandra.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll back up Tremula's claim - I personally witnessed her get investigated by Celina and block Lavinya the first night.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Well this is turning into a hot mess, and I think exactly what Tarkenton was going for by putting names out there to deflect from himself, but If I thought I had anything to fear about coming forward as Oppenheimer, such as yes him historically later being anti-nukes, I would not have come forward so freely.

Here's hoping Sylandra and Chirbo can clear things up.
  • wait, did she get investigated by Celina the first night or the second night?
  • Our mason power wouldn't have kicked in until post-war (which I think was day 2), by which time Teller was gone, so that might have impacted its lack of presence in the role reveal. Alternatively, it could be because it would imply either a link to me or my character, which Silvanus might have wanted to avoid? The reveal would seem pretty toothless without that, and anyone would be able to glom onto it if they liked. I don't mafia much, would killing a mason early in the game usually reveal the power?
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I can give a little more information. I lied about the 'arsonist power' night one, because I have exactly three (3) no-death passes, similar to what Tarkenton possessed. If anyone else tries to show a note and claim validation off of that, they're frauding because I pulled that one straight out of my arse to try and confuse the mafia into thinking there was a third party. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Vote Ushaara I agree with the cuttlefish lover. Besides, only commie scum would sleep on Euro time (I kid, I kid).
  • I will be unavailable for a while, will check in on my phone if I'm able but will be unable to post anything substantial because posting on a phone is the most painful.
    Going to give this 'history' and 'science' theory a try. Who knows, they might be right.

Vote: Ushaara

Aww, man. I don't know what else to say, but in themed games if you go strictly by the source it is too easy to figure out who's mafia.

I have been dropping hints all along that I was Oppenheimer, admitting theoretical physicist, friends with Pauli (the not even wrong comment), and again the nerdgasm of Day 1 only fitting with role being Feynman or Oppenheimer. I wouldn't do this if I thought I had anything to fear by revealing I'm Oppenheimer.

Sure I could have been clearer about it by dropping a 'Now I am become Death' type comment, but I'll say again, I'm town. Was going to wait for Chirbo and Sylandra, but if there's a risk of a lynch train happening, I'm sticking to my guns and saying

Vote Tarkenton
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This is your local British intel, with some good news and bad news.

Good news: Can confirm that Ieptix is likely town due to British poncy shenanigans (hmph), and that I know his rolename. Can also confirm Synkarin's nameclaim.

Bad news: Can also unfortunately claim that there is a third party.

The other good news is I can confirm that Synkarin and Ieptix are not part of that third party.

The other bad news is that whoever the third party is, is definitely lying about their nameclaim.

Since cards are on the table, I'll go into my actions for the past 3 days with a quick summary to explain this.

Night One. 
    Surprise! Someone hired through the British missions is likely compromised. You are now Sir James Chadwick Bond. Pick 2 names out of the players in the game, and their results will return to you on Night Two.

Night Two.
    Welcome back, Sir Bond. Synkarin is Vannevar Bush. Ieptix is [REDACTED] (who I googled and is 100% safe townie, unless we endorse a cult theory?). Unfortunately since neither of them is the spy you are looking for, he is still at large! Be vigilant during the day. [Note: did not learn any powers info about either, just names.]

Night Three.
    Your failure to find the spy ASAP has compromised the information at Los Alamos and led to a successful leak to the Soviets. However, we have discovered a tampered file belonging to Klaus Fuchs, obscuring vital information (ie, the player's name) from view. Suspicious! He is likely our man. There are also some other missing documents suggesting that he is aware he's being watched and has since stolen and assumed a new identity as of last night.

So someone has just gotten a fancy new identity as a reward for escaping our notice and probably just whipped it out today.

So yeah. Interesting that we all just piled in on nameclaims today of all days. :-?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I mean, it's possible Ush is telling the truth, but, well, it was also possible Celina was telling the truth. To be honest, I'm more suspicious of Lavinya than Ush, but I also have no information on Lavinya to act on, and I'm reasonably convinced about this course of action regardless.
    I absolutely believe that Ush is likely Oppenheimer. I just doubt his loyalty and commitment to the US.
    Well I feel somewhat vindicated by Sylandra's info, in that it at least proves 1) there -is- a third Soviet party and 2) I'm not it since I'm Oppenheimer consistent since Day 1!

Nice timing!
  • The only thing I got from last night is that Tremula is a townie, no scum today.

• should note my last post was written before I saw the ponce's post, so shouldn't be read in context of that. I don't believe that Ush lied about his role or changed it recently.

• Since I won't be able to follow the game for a while, I'm going to unvote for the time being, given the extra info from Sylandra. I'm still strongly skeptical of Ushaara, and will likely revote later unless substantial new evidence comes forward, but right now I don't want to rush a lynch when we have a lot more info to deal with now. Still really want to hear from Lavinya, too. Silly Aussie timezones.
    I was attacked last night and lost one of my lives. Since I could lose another tonight (now that it's obvious that I can be whittled down) I'll go ahead and state what I did.

Night 1: Blocked Lavinya - She was in her office and was more than willing to help me with the extra work I brought with me. We stayed there all night and finished the work, but a target was still killed. (later revealed to be Tarkenton) However, when I returned to my office, I discovered I had been attacked.

Night 2: Attempted to block Sylandra - However, she was not in her office, and a quick check of faculty documents showed that she was not at Los Alamos that night, not suspicious in and of itself. No one was killed this night, but as I didn't actually block her, I can't take credit or place blame.

Night 3: Attempted to block Allyrianne - Once more, this person was not in their office, yet her post states she was on a regularly scheduled trip. Still, having investigated two people in a row who were out of their offices, it is possible that a third party (cult???) is attempting to turn all of us. Deja vu in Mafia is a death sentence, AFAIK. Someone did not die this night, but I was attacked again.

Oh I can explain that. Was receiving results of background info, had to pick it up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Okay, so, if Chirbo investigated Tremula last night, Sylandra had the information about Ieptix on Night 2, Synkarin watched Chirbo, Someone did something to me... who rifled through Ieptix's notes?

I think I find Tarkenton more suspicious than Ushaara, but above all, I'm most suspicious of Lavinya. I'm mostly waiting on hearing from her before I vote, however.
  • Wait, Tremula, you said that your claim of a threatening note the first night was a ruse to throw off the mafia. Now you're saying you were attacked that night?

Also we have both Synkarin and Tremula claiming to have prevented attacks on their persons last night.
    So two attacks last night, one on Tremula and one on me.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    @Allyrianne if you read through my earlier posts, I stated that I have a number of kill immunities. I did not prevent my firing, it was prevented by the system itself.

Which is odd. I've been sitting on my vig powers since I really don't need another accidental firing to explain.
    Tarkenton said:
    Which is odd. I've been sitting on my vig powers since I really don't need another accidental firing to explain.
    Sylandra confirmed a third party earlier.

It's not that odd - Sylandra already confirmed a third party.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Right, derped that fact. That's what I get for reading at work.
    This day has become hilariously confusing. I have to pack for my flight and get an early night, so I hope I'm still in play when next I get a chance to look, but one last thing to try and appease Ieptix's aim to feed me to the cuttlefish.

As well as everything I've said about having nothing to fear coming forward as Oppenheimer, to drive home the point about not relying solely on historical canon in a themed game, I'll point out again that historically Fermi also opposed the H-bomb project yet is now heading up the exact same research in the flavour text. Historical fact /= game fact!
    I'm willing to trust Tremula for now because of Chirbo's investigation saying she's innocent.

Would be interested in what Lavinya has to say. No strong feelings about Ush yet.
    Daraius said: