Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• Oh, Ally posted while I was writing up. Lavinya hasn't claimed yet either, I forgot about her, she could possibly also be a mafia. So my strategy above is a bit weaker, since there's an extra degree of freedom there in our choices. Alas.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I hate not being able to edit, so many poooooosts in a row.

Ally attempting to take a trip is suspicious. Returning to Moscow to share your stolen intelligence, are you? (I'm not sure if I'm being sarcastic or not.)
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    No one ever spells my name right. :(

What even classifies Reign-Synkarin vibes?

But I'm Oppenheimer, have dropped hints in past posts of being theoretical physicist etc. and the level of nerdgasm on Day 1 should have been another clue to narrow me down to Feynman/ Oppenheimer to anyone who knows what role would generate that level of nerdy excitement.

It's also why I was sceptical of Chirbo as I'm lead administrator (and would like to think had a fundamental role in the project) but am not lynchproof.

Did have you pegged as Groves after the Pentagon connection, and believed you were also town but it's looking more like you're throwing names out and hoping something will stick on one of them which doesn't sit right.

• I realise attempting to take a trip is suspicious. For what it's worth, it was within the US, to the pacific northwest. I was also awarded a medal for my role in the Manhattan Project.

I can outright name-claim if you want, but that should allow you and Ushaara, at least, to figure it out.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I will throw out that Lavinya could possibly be guilty as well. I can tell you that SecWar blocked her the first night, and as we know Tarkenton performed the only kill and has claimed Vig. This means that Lavinya -could- possibly be scum and was blocked from killing, which could strengthen Tarkenton's claims more. 

Someone should lay out what we know so far and who is who.

I'll go ahead and lay my name down - I'm Vannevar Bush - Chairmain of the National Defense Research Committee and of the Office of Scientific Research and Development.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I've got nothing to go on but silence and skeevy vibes, sadly. But it beats sitting with my thumb emplaced somewhere unspeakable. If anyone else has theories and thoughts they want to make known, I'm more than happy to hear them.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    lol Tartar sauce
    Bring it on, Ineptix.
  • Here's the role claims we have now, assuming none of the claims are lies (which seem unlikely):

1. Sylandra - Some poncy Brit (Probably town, but can you really trust Brits?)
    2. Lavinya - ??? (Suspicious.)
    3. Synkarin - Vannevar Bush (Likely town)
    4. Luce - Stafford Warren (Fired)
    5. Othero - John Teller (Fired)
    6. Ieptix - Super Secret
    7. Celina - Leo Szilard (dirty traitor)
    8. Ushaara - Oppenheimer (Likely town?)
    9. Tarkenton - Leslie Groves (Most likely town.)
    10. Chirbo - Enrico Fermi (Most likely town.)
    11. Tremula - ??? (Suspicious)
    12. Allyrianne - ??? (I'm still trying to figure this out based on her hints, but since she's giving clues I'm placated for the nonce.)

So at this point I'm thinking Lavinya and Tremula are most suspicious.
  • Actually, looking at the list, something seems off. There doesn't seem to be room for two more mafia and the Minister of War (assuming Allyrianne isn't him, which seems unlikely based on her last post, unless I'm missing something obvious).
  • Lol. Edward Teller. Not John Teller. Too much Sons of Anarchy (...like, a year ago. :|)
    Unless, of course, Ally is mafia despite her clues. Not something to discount. At this point, I'm willing to wait a bit to see if the Chirbinator has something to add.
  • If it helps I was actually at a different site than Los Alamos, historically speaking.

And no, I'm not the Secretary of War

Admittedly, our assumption of the Secretary of War's existence comes from Celina. Celina may have been lying, and seen something else, and then Synkarin followed through, assuming whoever he saw Celina investigating was the Secretary of War, and then connecting that back to who he'd seen with Lavinya the previous night.

• My guess is that Chirbo investigated Ieptix, and was the one rifling through his stuff. But maybe not?
    I'm still thinking that there is a lone Soviet agent as well as the antibomb guys, and headcanon of Groves being responsible for finding spies but never finding any during Project could be flavour reason for Silvanus making him the soviet agent. Reason being Groves was a Soviet agent himself etc..

It's a bit of a stretch I admit but willing to wait on Sylandra and Chirbo for what they have to reveal.
    Out of curiosity, Ieptix, any particular reason you're still super secret? Looking up a valuable name that no one's claimed yet, perhaps?
  • I'm an admin, I do what I want.
    At the risk of the banhammer, or mysterious bugs, Vote Ieptix. Because that's shady.
    Coincidentally, if you are radicalized, it makes the numbers fall into place.
  • Hmph, fine. I'll tell you what my power would have been, then.

I would have been a mason with Teller (I think mason is the right term? Private communication w/ other player day and night) if someone hadn't gotten him fired on the first night.

As is, I am just a powerless townie.
    Unvote Done messing. Oddly, despite all good posts, Ushaara has never voted beyond no lynch day one.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm Henry Stimson, and I'm a roleblocker. I'll gladly go into who I blocked and the results, but there's no reason for that quite yet. I figure you science nerds should get my name and realise that I'm no longer suspect.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Correction. Ushaara has never voted.
    Never voted because everything either happens when I'm asleep (Euro hours), and was it Tuesday? I had to be out and about and came back to a solidified lynch!

But I'm now also intrigued by what Ieptix said. If you're who I think you're hinting at, how come you didn't get responsibility for the thermonuclear stuff ahead of Fermi?
  • Well, roleblocker fits with Tremula's claim. That leads us back to the odds being that we don't have any overt enemy agents in the game, unless Lavinya is a surprise.

After more Wikipediaing, though, it looks like historically Oppenheimer become a vocal anti-nuke advocate, first lamenting the bombing of Nagasaki, giving Stimson a very anti-weapon letter indicating his very strong feelings, and eventually getting kicked out of a meeting with President Truman (Truman later told his Undersecretary of State Dean Acheson "I don't want to see that son-of-a-bitch in this office ever again."[116]).

This, combined with my earlier theories about the enemy, along with Ushaara's repeated insistence that there must be a Soviet agent, leads me to believe he's in cahoots with Szilard. It's not definite, but it's better than nothing.

Also, by process of elimination (because I refuse to believe we have a MP game without him), this would make Lavinya Feynman, who was friends with Oppenheimer and after the war expressed dissatisfaction in furthering the development of atomic weaponry after German's fall. I can't find anything as overt as what Szilard and Oppenheimer did, but he could still fit into the mafia trifecta. However, I don't know if I could ever forgive Silvanus for making Feynman a "bad" guy.

So, going on a (researched) hunch: Vote: Ushaara.
  • Ushaara said:

But I'm now also intrigued by what Ieptix said. If you're who I think you're hinting at, how come you didn't get responsibility for the thermonuclear stuff ahead of Fermi?
    Probably because Fermi's role was revealed in-game by the point it came up.

Ushaara said:
    Oh, and just now after reading the flavour text a bit more carefully,

"Our intelligence agencies have reported that there are three things in Soviet land that have come of light. That they have successfully detonated a plutonium device, codename Joe-1, they have also been researching a thermonuclear weapon with device, and they have had a contact within Los Alamos."

I would think this suggests we have a fair probability of a third party Soviet in play, along with the pro- vs. anti-bomb groups.
    I've explained that this is why I think there is a Soviet agent in play.
  • Sure, but Celina was specifically mentioned as radicalized, from which one can reach a reasonable influence that one or all of the mafia are similarly radicalized and are the point of contact, without there being an explicit soviet role in the game.
  • Wow. Inference, not influence.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I'll buy what Ieptix is selling - though why haven't we heard from Chirbo yet?

@Chirbo @Chirbo where arte thou?

Also, Sylandra has big things to say too apparently, so I'll hold off on voting.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.