Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Why would there be two people who can't be lynched, and both of them town? That seems pretty strange to me.

Celina's claims seem to be verified by Synkarin. It is entirely possible that they are working together, but then I would presume if Celina was wrong about the secretary protecting Sylandra, they would speak up or push for Celina as scum. They still might, presuming they haven't checked the thread yet.

'don't activate my day power' seems more like a threat, such as you are a bomb or something. If you're just going to be unlynchable, why be so worried? 

Sorry, but it just feels off to me.

Vote Chirbo

• Tbf, Tarkenton's wasn't a can't-be-lynched power, it was a one-time generic kill immunity, unless I'm misreading.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Ieptix said:
    Tbf, Tarkenton's wasn't a can't-be-lynched power, it was a one-time generic kill immunity, unless I'm misreading.
    Ohhhh actually I think you're right. Well then that is perhaps less suspect, but why be worried about activating it?

• To my understanding mine lasts the whole game, but I didn't want to reveal it because it would make me a vig kill target because omg scary.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ieptix beat me to it. Might be too influenced by history but Szilard as scum is just not making sense in my head. Difference in Tark and Synkarin's accounts of events are making me hesitant about what in the flavour text is definitive.

Fundamental role? Can you claim your identity Chirbo? Also phone internet is the worst.
  • edited February 2016
    I am Enrico Fermi
  • Lavinya said:
    Ieptix said:
    Tbf, Tarkenton's wasn't a can't-be-lynched power, it was a one-time generic kill immunity, unless I'm misreading.
    Ohhhh actually I think you're right. Well then that is perhaps less suspect, but why be worried about activating it?
    because it's a perfect scum power :(
  • Plus once Mafia realizes they can't get the town to kill me in the day it puts me up to be killed at night by scum or vig 
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    edited February 2016
    Second Vote Count, Day 3:

Celina - Sylandra, Chirbo (2)

Chirbo - Synkarin, Ieptix, Lavinya, Tremula (4)

At Los Alamos, it takes SIX votes to reach a majority.

Editted: I most certainly did! Phone is hard.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Tremula said:
    Between the incredibly strong name claim that Celina pulled and Synkarin's response, I'm going to go ahead and vote: Chirbo. If you have some crazy day as well, this could shine a light on your innocence or guilt.
    You missed this one, @Silvanus

• Lavinya is trying to get me killed

:(
    Lavinya said:
    Tremula said:
    Between the incredibly strong name claim that Celina pulled and Synkarin's response, I'm going to go ahead and vote: Chirbo. If you have some crazy day as well, this could shine a light on your innocence or guilt.
    You missed this one, @Silvanus

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Going to hold off voting while I mull on the way home and at the gym. Expect something from me in six hours.
    Lavinya is just used to being Silvanus' secretary :p

• Dammit. I really don't like the way Chirbo was acting over the last page, but Fermi is another ridiculously strong claim, and the lynch immunity makes sense if it's true. Like Szilard, he's almost certain to be in the game, so if no one counter-claims that's very likely a valid claim. Only this leaves us without much to go on for a lynch target.

Going to unvote for now, will happily re-vote with great prejudice if it turns out Chirbo is lying.

Bah. Bah, I say.
  • I AM THE FATHER OF THIS IEPTIX, BE SENSIBLE LIKE SYLANDRA IS
    I feel that if I was a science nerd the name claims would actually mean something. Cough.

unvote

I need to trust you people with the historical knowledge to give advice regarding name claims and potential scum and or abilities or likeliness of being in the game. I just hope none of you lead me up the garden path.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Third Vote Count, Day 3:

Celina - Sylandra, Chirbo (2)

Chirbo - Synkarin, Tremula (2)

At Los Alamos, it takes SIX votes to reach a majority.

(Also, I approved of Chirbo's edit, in case anyone was wondering, I saw the post before the edit, it was the same except for some awful coloring).

2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Fermi is big name claim yep, essentially took Szilard's chain reaction work and applied it to make a reactor. @Sylandra can you confirm Chirbo's investigation that you're straight vanilla townie? No powers?

My difficulty in lynching Celina is that there would have been no Manhattan project without Szilard. His letter convinced Americans of the danger if German's developed an atomic bomb first.

Heading to bed now but any more flavour you can give Chirbo?
  • I finally got back from the trip I left on partway through the last mafia game and have gotten resettled, decompresseed, etc, which is why I haven't been around.

And I am now incredibly confused.

So Synkarin tracked Celina who investigated someone, while Chirbo's cleared Sylandra and incriminated Celina?

Chirbo's posting is raising allllll the scum flags for me, but that might just be Chirbo.

• I'm scum irl 
    Chirbo's posting is raising allllll the scum flags for me, but that might just be Chirbo.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Holy crap that's a lot of posts. Evening classes are always during prime time mafia. =((

I do feel that Celina is really power-heavy for a town. I really don't think a scum would randomly open day 2 like 'hello all guess what let's put a big fat target on my back and randomly accuse a townie of being scum.' Why would a scum player do that? It makes no sense to me. Either Chirbo is a crappy/scummy investigator, or Celina has a smart alibi, and since I know Chirbo was right about me, that makes my vote easier to make. I mean go with your hearts, though. Either way lynching Chirbo or Celina will, I feel, validate my towniness so I'm on board.

Personally I cannot speak for the name-claims because I am basically crap at this Manhattan Project flavor so far. But since everything about me is already kind of revealed, I'll toss in that I'm the Head of the British Mission working on the Manhattan Project with my American homies. Technically I started out as a vanilla role, but I've been given to believe that every so often I'll have duties to Great Britain to perform, which I will not be aware of until Silvanus prompts me. So I'm vanilla in that I personally have no powers, but it's incorrect to say I'm always going to be inactive at night. I'm basically at the whims of the mod and his meta-game! I'll keep you posted on my British adventures if you like.

But what is my name, you ask? None other than SIR JAMES CHADWICK, bitches.

I am all knighted and British and shit. I put u's in my words the way that Americans put salt on French fries.
    Y'all like neutrons? I know y'all ain't neutral about neutrons.
    I PROVED THAT ISH. YOU ARE WELCOME. 

Y'all like medals? 
    Look at my Nobel Prize for Physics hanging out over by my Hughes Medal, my Copley Medal, and my Franklin medal. Your fave could never.

Chad Michael Murray and I share half of a name. It is a name worthy of swoons and song lyrics.
    Sir James Chadwick, out. *mic drop*
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I... I don't understand what just happened.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ieptix said:
    I... I don't understand what just happened.
    I don't know how to science RP, man. This is as close to in-character as I can get. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Chirbo's story goes back and forth too many times for me to really trust him at this point. Realistically, I imagine there's a good chance that people who were important to the project have a likelihood of being scum, since you can't really have someone not from the project without it being super suspcious. Hence, me thinking that name claiming isn't really all that informative.

That all being said, Vote: Chirbo

If he's lynch proof, neat for him. If not, sucks to be him. I'll hold off on vigging unless someone else thinks that dropping him's not a bad idea if he does turn out to be lynch immune.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Here's something I'm curious about

Does anyone from the Manhattan project really have a chance to seem like they are scum? I'm not super familiar with the history and I haven't googled it and such, but I don't remember hearing about spies/bdd guys being rooted out. So that goes to say if there really isn't anyone that could be scummy, then there's a chance everyone could be scummy. Even people that seem integral. I do believe this is more historical fiction to have fun with. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm nervous to let anyone go simply because of their name.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    @Sylandra

I thought it odd too that, assuming Chirbo is scum, he'd make a move like. I'd get lynched, he'd be revealed, then he'd die the next die. Odd move for scum.

Until I was thinking about it last night. Maybe he's partially telling the truth, and he's actually unlynchable. The mafia knows who the vigilante is, and the doctor is dead so they cannot protect the Vigilante. So if they eliminate Tarkenton this coming night, Chirbo is unkillable barring any surprises. If he's also telling the truth about an investigation power, a de facto unkillable investigator would still be wildly valuable. So I don't see it as a huge risk. 

That's my thoughts anyways, probably skewed because he's targeted me, but I think it lines up. At least, it's something I'd consider doing as scum. My powers do affect two people a night, so I'd make sense to try and take me out IMO.

It also makes for some interesting head games. Does Celina protect me, leave herself vulnerable, and have me vig Chirbs? Which then opens her up for killing? Or, vice versa, protect herself to keep from dying, rendering the doctor power not useless, but risky to use on anyone else. Wheels within wheels within wheels. Still leaving my vote where it is.
  • Woah, I'm a very limited investigator. I only have one more investigation

I was given three when the game began
  • And Celina is doing her absolute best to throw the attention off her, she is scum. Vote for her and see, and if one of her weird powers is that she always comes back scum on investigation (if that's a thing) I'll be vigged and all is well.