Welcome to Los Alamos! Sylandra, sneaky Soviet spy, wins! America slightly wins.

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Also what kind of investigator can only investigate 3 times? Way to be unhelpful now, Chirbo.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Wasn't Tarkenton supposed to off Lavinya last night? Or possibly Allyrianne, I guess?

Kind of weird he poofed right after discussing that plan.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Ieptix said:

His alignment was, but not role, so I assumed it was an oops or an implicit nod to his claim.
    Synkarin is eliminated, was town, watcher/tracker that can protect himself instead of watching or tracking.

I editted it in 3 minutes after posting you fiends!

I completely forgot to mention that he was Vannevar Bush, you got me there.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Lavinya said:
    Also what kind of investigator can only investigate 3 times? Way to be unhelpful now, Chirbo.
    I firmly believe Silvanus is trying to imply something about my role.
  • Who was he supposed to investigate again?
  • Maybe investigating that person set off a scum power that punished him. (iunno I'm bloody lost)
  • By role I meant char name, not powers. Ambiguous. That's what happens when I should be powered down for the night but instead am lying in bed playing mafia on my phone. :V
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • I meant my name, as a note.

• Tartar was supposed to vigkill, not investigate.
    Chirbo said:
    Who was he supposed to investigate again?
    You mean Tark? Tark was an alleged vigilante. His method of "investigation" would have been firing someone from the project.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    :|

I hate forums. Trying again.

Sylandra said:
    Chirbo said:
    Who was he supposed to investigate again?
    You mean Tark? Tark was an alleged vigilante. His method of "investigation" would have been firing someone from the project.

Daraius said:
  • It's three am, I've been going between watching stand up comedy, dreading going into work and browsing forums. I'm not completely here. soz
  • let's pretend I said murder instead of investigate
  • But basically I see three possibilities with what happened here. First is Tar went for a vig kill on someone and got countered somehow. Second is someone had a really strong active night power we somehow missed. Third is he had been playing us all along. A sick day could be indicative of poison, possibly radiation sickness. Perhaps a delayed kill?
    Options 1 and 2 seem most likely. But we can't go off that really without talking to Tark, unless you count lynching Lavinya and seeing how she flips.

(I swear to God though, if Tarkenton is the spy...)
    Daraius said:
    Options 1 and 3, sorry, not 2. Damn, it's 4am, goodnight all.
    Daraius said:
  • He was supposed to drop either Lavinya or Ally, I don't think we decided on which as a group. Losing Synkarin hurt because he was our last investigative sort of role unless our ponce had some tricks up her sleeve, so we don't have any way of knowing what happened unless the relevant parties come forth, and that seems rather unlikely. Tremula really should have blocked one of those two instead of me. :\
    And for the love of Odin this post editor for mobile is the most worthless damned thing ever bloody written.
    Like I said, my night was quiet. It's possible he went for Allyrianne after her lynch failed? It does seem odd that there would be a townie with that sort of immunity. I'm still pretty sure she is the spy.

Unless something else targeted me? Which is what triggered on Tark? I'm not really sure.

• Lavinya said:
     It does seem odd that there would be a townie with that sort of immunity.
    hi
    Chirbo said:
    Lavinya said:
     It does seem odd that there would be a townie with that sort of immunity.
    hi
    Let me rephrase. It seems odd that there would be ANOTHER townie with that sort of immunity.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh man, the longer this game goes on the more paranoid I get.  :-/

I know I risk prolonging the Tekora vs Silvanus thing we have going on, but Ieptix keeps saying things that ping my shady radar and I have to follow up.

If you were really a no-power townie, how did you know you were blocked last night before Tremula confirmed her blocking? @Sylandra vouches for you not being the spy, but is relying on googling your name to confirm you're town (where again I stress the point historical fact /= game fact). Yes, Tremula confirmed you were blocked last night but like the Protestant's Prayer from the Reign game, there are ways of strongarming through roleblocks, and the fact that Tarkenton was only incapacitated for today makes me think that the roleblock prevented an outright kill.

Have looked back, and Sylandra didn't know she was blocked, and nor did Lavinya know she was blocked that I could see. It was Celina who investigating Tremula saw guards being sent from the office or somesuch.

@Tremula you too were confirming his towniness? That clear from your flavour message block? Or did you just infer that from the fact that someone killed Synkarin while Ieptix was blocked?

If you really -are- town, Ieptix, then I'm thinking that it's Chirbo who is the spy, (sorry @Tarkenton, the fact that you didn't kill me last night is a big plus in your towniness column) and Chirbo has maneuvered himself to head of the project so he can more easily gain access to the H-bomb research. However if he really is lynchproof, we are relying on mafia or Tarkenton to take him out..

But right now, every instinct in me is saying lynch the liar. But fair chance to defend and all that..
    Music for today.

• I'm Arthur Compton. I have duties in the Seattle area, so periodically I have to leave Los Alamos, and head there to take care of them. This also involves me overseeing some of our plutonium shipments. I have no other night action, although my trips have resulted in some additional day actions, most recently on my trip night 3 when Tremula confirmed trying to block me, I received a medal of merit for my work on the Manhattan project, which made me unlynchable for Day 4. It's no longer in effect. Given the way this game has been going, I think this is mostly a Silvanus-style thing.

I am also quite confused as to why no one (so far as I can tell) did anything to me last night, given that I was so suspicious. I suspect there is more than one scum among the people who voted for me, since I probably seemed a pretty safe bet.

Also, commuter powers are almost always town. Last game being a rather notable exception (although the fact that I never actually used the commuter power because it was never in the best interest of the mafia for me to do so, kind of makes it the exception that proves the rule). I've been leery of bringing it up because it is very similar to the same power I had last game(limitations may or may not be the same), and since last game was a success for me, there's very little I can do or say that won't make myself suspicious

We know (presumably) that Ieptix isn't the spy. While he could be radicalized like Celina, I continue to find it odd that he was a pivotal point in Celina's lynch, introducing new information that suggested Szilard's problematic loyalties that likely would not have gotten brought up. It would have been so easy for the tide to have turned against Chirbo. That Ieptix won't divulge his name and his claim of no powers seems odd given how power-heavy this game is turning out to be otherwise do make him suspicious, but I also think that the thing with Celina outweighs that, as far as I'm concerned. At least for now.

I continue to find Lavinya incredibly suspicious. Her avowed lack of any power beyond a one-time more powerful vote seems off in such a power-heavy game.

• Sylandra's vouching for me goes beyond Googling my role name; unless I misunderstand it, the entire point of her role was that her night-one investigations would have revealed the spy (and possibly eliminated them?) on night two. She investigated Synkarin and myself, and neither of us turned up as the spy. This does not prove I am town, but it does prove I'm not the spy.

Chirbo being the spy only makes sense if the spy is separate from the mafia, which I don't think is likely though is possible; he initially tried to get Celina lynched, which backfired and brought all kinds of suspicion down on his head. The only reason Celina got offed instead of Chirbo that day was because I convinced everyone to do so. So we have either Chirbo and I are mafia and working together, except why would we off Celina like that? Or Chirbo is a mafia spy, but then why bring up Celina's guilt with absolutely no reason to do so (and why investigate Celina at all in this case)? Or, last, Chirbo is a third-party spy on his own, but this seems unfeasible since Chirbo name-claimed before the spy took the new identity (per Sylandra, this didn't happen until night 3, but Chirbo claimed on day 3). This is a bit tenuous, because it's possible the spy knew the name of the character they'd be taking ahead of time, and so they could claim early but risk being name-investigated to reveal the lie, but I can't see it making sense for Chirbo to put himself in the firing range like he did that early in the game if he was the spy and would be best served by laying low.

Further, since I am emphatically not the spy, it makes no sense for me to have pushed for Celina's lynch either. Chirbo would have been a goner if I hadn't redirected the lynch train (hell, I'd been voting for him myself), and Celina came out as mafia, so if I were mafia why would I push for Celina's lynch? Chirbo and I working together as a third-party doesn't make sense. That would imply at least four scum, and very likely more, which seems unbalanced; me, chirbo (third party), Celina + 1 (mafia; a single mafia doesn't make sense, but a 2-person mafia with a 2-person third party doesn't really make sense either, at least to me, but I'm not familiar with mafia meta so maybe I'm wrong about that).

Lavinya seems most likely to be the spy to me. Reiterating some my arguments from yesterday and adding in a few new ones (I think): Lavinya's claimed role is a very small role in the scheme of things, but puts her very close to the director of the project, both of which are good things for a spy. Further, Lavinya made no claims until after the spy cemented their role, and so any claims made day 4 or later without earlier confirmation are inherently suspect. Lavinya was blocked first night by Tremula, and there was no mafia kill; Tremula mentioned that the note on night one was something she made up, but I don't remember if she mentioned if the attack as a whole was a fake or just the note, so it's possible that that block was inconsistent. But let's look at voting. Lavinya to this point has been in the list of deciding voters for four lynches; the day-one no lynch (I don't think this is really relevant), Tarkenton and Allyrainne (both of whom are presumably town; the lynches were unsuccessful because of immunities, but Lavinya wouldn't have known that ahead of time) and Celina (where she had been going very hard at Chirbo beforehand). For the Celina lynch, it was clear that Celina was going down no matter what, so having one of the scum sneak in at the end to secure the kill would be a reasonable method of attempting to avoid suspicion. Lavinya never mentioned being blocked on night 1, and the block wasn't revealed until later, but if Lavinya is mafia why would she reveal she was blocked on a mafia-less kill night? Further, at this point she could claim either having seen flavour text or not and we'd have no way to prove one way or the other. Tremula's recap of the night makes it seem plausible Lavinya would have seen something, but there's no way to know for sure.

Incidentally, Ushaara, what are your power(s)? IIRC you're the only person who's made no claims or mention of their own powers in the game, which would be convenient if you were the mafia killer.

I'm still convinced that Ushaara is mafia (furthering the Tremula vs. Silvanus analogue hooooooooo), with Lavinya, and these two would be the last of our scum. I'm thinking we lynch Lavinya and block Ushaara tonight (pending a power claim/defense on his part), and go from there.
    I'm okay with lynching Lavinya and blocking Ushaara tonight.

Allyrianne seems less suspicious to me since the mod yesterday, in the moment of lynchproof-ness, declared Allyrianne was not the spy. Doesn't mean she isn't a suspect scummy person, mind you, but I think it increases the likelihood that she isn't Klaus Fuchs.

I find it very unlikely that Chirbo is either mafia or the spy. Right now, I would say his lynchproof ability makes him the biggest threat for the mafia, as it's one more person who can't be lynched during the day.

I will concede that the only things I can confirm about Ieptix are his name, and that he is not the spy. My adventures seem very much based on the Soviet spy shenanigans; I couldn't tell you if Ieptix was mafia or not, but I can tell you that due to the role he has, it would be a very unusual move on Silvanus's part.

While I do think that the idea of the Soviet spy being third party is plausible, I also think that's an argument that most favors the mafia, as it is a way of throwing suspicion off of them in the meantime (particularly if it turns out the spy is in fact part of the mafia). The fact that Lavinya is the one to most fervently endorse this theory does make her seem a bit shady to me.

But let's say Lavinya is right and the spy is, as I assumed initially based on my flavortext, third party. In that case, it's possible that Chirbo's vouching for Tremula doesn't mean anything. In which case, all we have to look at for Tremula are her actions. Even then, I'm skeptical, as Tremula can claim she roleblocked every night. Unless of course we believe she is lying about nights 2 and 3, but even then, both Allyrianne and I had explanations on why those roleblocks would fail. It would be a remarkably lucky guess, but if it was a guess, it gives her two important nights without an action.

Also curious about Ushaara's powers.

Have looked back, and Sylandra didn't know she was blocked, and nor did Lavinya know she was blocked that I could see. It was Celina who investigating Tremula saw guards being sent from the office or somesuch. 
    This is both true and not true. My role is very passive; things happen to me, like 'you go to pick up the background results' on the night in question, and suddenly whoosh I'm off to learn if Synkarin and Ieptix are Soviet scumbags. It's more accurate to say, based on Tremula's phrasing, that her roleblock of me failed because I wasn't around to have paper heaped on me. It's likely that you know if you were roleblocked if the roleblocking is successful. Mine was unsuccessful.
    Daraius said:
    I'm not lying about not knowing I was blocked, if it turns out Silvanus neglected to pass me some flavor text but you're pinning my guilt on that point I'm gonna be a sad panda. What other day powers has Allyrianne earned? Earning lynch immunity for day 4 kinda makes sense with Sylandra's flavor text about not finding the spy in time and them changing their identity. Spy made it undetected? You're lynch proof tomorrow. Also don't forget she only revealed her role today. Way later. We know she was very convincing in the last game with her made up claim. Why would a townie leave all the time and earn powers? Leaving to report their findings maybe? Rewards for a job well done? No one else seems to be earning rewards for their good work.

Oh, then I misunderstood. I thought you saw that you were blocked!

Then I guess disregard my theory there.
    Daraius said:
    No, I had no idea until Tremula brought it up. Ieptix doesn't believe me. But tis truth!

(Just an fyi that I'm struggling here trying to write a post with this broken trackpad making the cursor go bonkers, but hopefully will get it through tonight before I head out!)