Ideas for Envoys

Comments

• edited May 2013
    You have enough cumulative issues for me to not want to try to discuss on this thread, it could be rather lengthy.

However, if there is significant willingness to accept changes we can move stuff around. There are three things that mess with warriors specifically:  kata deflect, tattoo armour, and springup.  If enough people feel these are issues we can adjust some of this to try to flex away from anti-warrior and put some of it to general protection.
  • edited May 2013
    This isn't an idea, but I'm not sure where else it would belong. Certainly not enough to merit its own thread. I just wanted to provide you guys with a little information since there's apparently a little confusion about what snoefaasia even does (report 1114)

It's 10 cold dmp, not 5. And it doesn't work when you invoke winter. That's still just invoke winter. Though whether you even have lowmagic winter, the snoefaasia will do the same thing. If you do have winter, then the snoefaasia will also make the mentioned snowmen, which do have a fairly good chance to sprawl. EDIT: and not just enemies, they'll sprawl the caster and allies too. Same power cost though.

Not an enormously large difference than what was stated, but I hope it helps clarify for those of you who've never seen it.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    That's what I meant, the snowmen ability requires you to use winter, right?
  • Nope. Just ORDER SNOEFAASIA FREEZE. Requires only the Fae.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    It makes snowmen without any snow? Hax, not even shamans can do that.
  • edited May 2013
    No, it always summons the blizzard too, as part of its ability. It just also makes snowmen if you're capable of winter by yourself.

EDIT: so you can still just invoke winter if you want the blizzard and no snowmen, basically.

• Please make it so that CLIMB UP and CLIMB DOWN do not dismount you from wiccan brooms.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Please make it so that CLIMB UP and CLIMB DOWN do not dismount you from wiccan brooms.
    Then it'll be... make it so it doesn't dismount you from beasts. I doubt it'll happen.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • You are supposed to use fly with it........

then LAND TREES or LAND TREETOPS, cannot recall which.  You cannt climb on a broom, silly.
  • The broom already follows you into the tree, so it's still faster to do CLIMB UP; MOUNT BROOM than it is to to SPUR BROOM SKYWARDS, wait 4s, LAND TREES. And since SPUR BROOM SKYWARDS doesn't work in trees, you're doing CLIMB DOWN; MOUNT BROOM either way.
    The broom already follows you into the tree, so it's still faster to do CLIMB UP; MOUNT BROOM than it is to to SPUR BROOM SKYWARDS, wait 4s, LAND TREES. And since SPUR BROOM SKYWARDS doesn't work in trees, you're doing CLIMB DOWN; MOUNT BROOM either way.
    So what you're saying is... you're not going to be flying out of treetops. So why are you mounting the broom again to begin with? Last I checked, a broom doesn't do anything else. And really, technically, if you're climbing the trees, you need your legs, so how exactly are you going to hold onto the broom with your thighs while climbing a tree is beyond me. Either way, the point still stands that considering you won't be flying out of the treetops, there really is no point to remount the broom.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Allow hexagram and/or similar skills to work on flying mobs.
  • Right now, there's no point to riding your broom in the trees - it's only ever useful to be on a broom if you're over water or flying. I only brought up the fact that you can do it to show that there's obviously no RP reason why you couldn't and therefore no RP reason why climbing up has to dismount you. The actual suggestion is that there be less fiddling with your mounted status between elevations. If we're not making people do DISMOUNT before climbing into the trees, we shouldn't make them MOUNT after climbing back down. It's a silly requirement.
    Right now, there's no point to riding your broom in the trees - it's only ever useful to be on a broom if you're over water or flying. I only brought up the fact that you can do it to show that there's obviously no RP reason why you couldn't and therefore no RP reason why climbing up has to dismount you. The actual suggestion is that there be less fiddling with your mounted status between elevations. If we're not making people do DISMOUNT before climbing into the trees, we shouldn't make them MOUNT after climbing back down. It's a silly requirement.
    Find a broom, stick it between your legs in much the same way a witch would, then go and climb a tree. Let me know how that goes for you with the broom being 'ridden'. Following that, do come back and let me know there's no RP reason to dismount broom when climbing trees.

• I think it would be rather easy, assuming the broom were magic and could fly. You'd just fly it up the tree.
  • I think it would be rather easy, assuming the broom were magic and could fly. You'd just fly it up the tree.
    And that would be the SPUR BROOM SKYWARDS and then LAND TREES method.
    Consider changing champ helms from either +10 damage to +10 speed or precision.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I'm sure I suggested this a while back. I mean sure it's nice for bashing and all but, bleh in PK.

Also 10 damage doesn't directly translate to 10 speed or 10 prec on two handers.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited May 2013
    Well, you know what I mean and that's what's important. Damage is easily the most ignored stat and either of the other two would provide some benefit. Even +5 to the other two or +5 to all is more worthwhile.
    Morkarion said:
    I'm sure I suggested this a while back. I mean sure it's nice for bashing and all but, bleh in PK.

Also 10 damage doesn't directly translate to 10 speed or 10 prec on two handers.
    A champion should be getting perks to PvP, not PvE... as such, 10 damage does absolutely nothing useful for warriors.

Elanorwen said:
    Morkarion said:

A champion should be getting perks to PvP, not PvE... as such, 10 damage does absolutely nothing useful for warriors.
    I know, that's why I suggested it.

It's nice but it's not the point of the artifact. Personally I'd rather it go to precision than speed, have it work like a Rimyur rune.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Unrelated request to the whole brooms thing (which has proven oddly controversial):

Please make it possible to PUT <herb> IN <pipe> while paralyzed. Currently, this cannot be done, meaning that if someone happens to be afflicted with paralysis and impatience while their coltsfoot pipe is out of puffs, they cannot refill their pipe and cure their afflictions.
    I think that's the idea!
    Also the unless the Champion Helm currently gives +5 damage to each 1h sword, it's also not working as intended.

If it's giving +10 to each blade, it should give +20 to helm, same way coalrunes/nightkiss/drawdown works.

• I wanted to open some discussion to the forums, hopefully I won't regret it.

Off and on some of the monks have discussed changing the following skills, I wanted to offer you all the chance to pitch ideas for that.  The goal is to move away from HARD COUNTERING WARRIORS. I am also including ideas we have on the table.

1) kata - deflect:  This skill is like trueshield for monks.  The problem is it is a greatly noticeable effect, in testing the arm opposed to it took 1002, the arm that was being deflect took 206 (yes 80% less).  Without it though arms do not seem armored.  The idea we had was to make tattoos effect arms as normal, but to change this skill away from providing armor.

2) nekotai - scorpiontail:  Simply put, we stance your attack, we prone you.  This is not all that bad, what it really does is kill the other half of a one handers combo.  It prones but on it's own does not stop you from just standing back up.  This technically is not discussed much but seemed worth opening to ideas.

3) psionics - psiarmour:  Psiarmour? Yes, psiarmour. This skill is a handful of DMP, but it actually reduces wounds too (mages, are therefore able to also tank wounds decently well). So a psymet monk has robes/tattoos, deflect, and psiarmour.  (ignoring forcedsymmetry here) (A change has not been discussed)

4) acrobatics - elasticity: To my knowledge this skill was... odd.  It reduces damage and wounds only if the attack can cause wounds.  It was an odd skill when bodyscan came out as it showed as being against everything. If you do not have psionics you get this, so it does not even require locking.   (A change has not been discussed)

Does this make us warrior proof? No. But warriors in general have a hard time. So I thought I would explore other ideas.

We would prefer to have more defenses against other guilds, but in the case of acrobatics and psionics, they are shared with other guilds.
  • Enyalida said:
    I think that's the idea!
    It's a bad idea. All it does is trap new players who walk into statues without allheale. It isn't part of anyone's tactics in combat, all it does is screw over newbies.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here

Enyalida said:

I think that's the idea!

It's a bad idea. All it does is trap new players who walk into statues without allheale. It isn't part of anyone's tactics in combat, all it does is screw over newbies.

This isn't strictly true, blademasters, pureblades and tahtetso use hemiplegy locks. You may say that hemiplegy isn't paralysis but it is in sense, it's paralysis of one side of the body, and has the same general affects of paralysis

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    I'll refrain from ranting about the Tahtetso version of hemi too much, but a 0 mo cost ability that increases momentum with the lock out it has seems a trite overpowered.

Maybe it's just hell vs 2h warriors but it's certainly a frustrating source of hindering.

edited May 2013
    As a one handed warrior, I find it hell too. Swinging with one hand isn't as effective or useful as you think.

That said, I agree with Cair that I have never had an instance where paralysis helped me with a hemi-lock and don't think that ever really happens...
  • Change the pyromancer's amputated limbs to crushed limbs.

The reasoning:  warriors have to work incredibly hard to reach an amputated limb.  And even if they do reach that point, it's not guaranteed to be a sure-thing they can do repeatedly.  Amputations require two applications of regeneration, totalling an eight-second cure for one affliction.

I will admit to being pretty much a total newbie when it come to this sort of stuff, but having three amputated limbs over the course of 30 seconds while doing nothing but curing is a bit ridiculous, especially considering that with even one amputated limb, my entire offensive is gone and I can't even tumble away.  Changing this from an amputate to a crushed limb will remove four seconds of curing time while not causing problems among any other skillset and also not throwing a huge wrench into Pyromancer salve-stacking.