Ideas for Envoys

Comments

• You're allowed to delete rooms in my godrealm when I'm able to permanent zap you. ;)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Eventru said:
    You're allowed to delete rooms in my godrealm when I'm able to permanent zap you. ;)
    Weakening a god's essence should limit their zap potential!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

The difference between 2h warriors and 1h with a broken arm/hemi is staggering. Whereas you can still swing your other arm with perfect normality, a 2h warrior can't do anything at all.

Surely being able to swing at slower balanced/reduced efficiency until the arm is cured would give them a fighting chance, as things stand it's an entirely too easy means of locking out an offence.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• 2h warriors ability to deal out high wounds in one swing give them a slight edge, ideally as a 1h warrior you don't want to swing with just one hand, too easy to cure.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Too easy to cure, clues in parry and stance, hard to raze and hit and you can't get the afflictions you need. It feels the same.
  • I imagine at times staggering is better. For example if a BC hits you with breakchest and paralysis that's two seconds of prone, if they wait for the tail end of that two seconds for the next swing they could aim for a different prone (like knock down) and keep the train going for a bit. Rebounding kinda stops the fun parade though.

Delete rebounding.
    You're the reason we can't :(
    I'm not saying you fight with just one arm permanently, but you still have some offence, some form or chance of hindering and you can persist on.

Hence why I suggested a severely reduced efficiency for 2h'ers until the arm is fixed, because actually having a swing and a chance to do something and having no chance to swing is hardly feeling the same.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Ew, no. There are plenty of disparities between 1h and 2h specs, a lot of them highlighted in BM and PB wounds. Severely reduced speed or not, I don't think giving a 2h the ability to tendon you when they should be hindered is a really smart course of action.

Something needs to be done with acrobatics avoid. Needs a power cost or something. It's just silly.
  • Changing combo breakers and nerfing dodge more is definitely a good idea. I've been dreaming about giving up scorpiontail for a more strategically applicable prone since I was a newbie. Things like scorpiontail, dodge and passive peace are plain obnoxious, confers an entirely non-strategical aspect to combat and are entirely unfair for combo users. Combat is supposed to be fun and challenging, revolving around strategies, not praying for a stroke of luck that... can't really be capitalized on and only serves to frustrate the opponent.

• Not my passive peace! (I know in my heart of hearts you're right but I love my chuuti :()

Scorpiontail is a bit easier to fix to be a more dynamic ability, you put it on the same balance that nihilist tail is on but make it have a chance for prone, and now suddenly you can combo with it.

I don't know what to do with chuuti to make it a more fun dynamic ability. I've thought before that harmony should trade some of its defensive style for a bit of offense. For example adding a targeted syntax:  MANTRA CHANT RELEASE <person> where you lose your chant but based on the words used in the chant the enemy suffers. So maybe chuuti gets a new passive effect but when you release your chant on to your opponent it gives them peace? It's a random idea I've had for a while but haven't really fleshed out.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited April 2013
    Does Nightsight serve a purpose at all here in Lusternia? Maybe we can tweak it! :D What about Via? Is it being used at all in its current incarnation? Maybe we can change that to a skill that adds a bonus movement speed in urban/road environments. Thoughts?

As per avoid, maybe we can implement diminishing returns for it? i.e. capping the number of times it can be used in succession, for rp-reasons maybe can chalk it up to exhaustion or something. Just my two cents.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Celina said:
    edit: Personally I support bumping NSB back up to 100% increase and making it bard only. No idea how the other glom envoys feel about that though.

That was actually the first proposed solution, plus the target's mana consumption (e.g. clot) still being doubled too. The second solution was dropping the drain boost to 33% or less. The admin selected 50%.

It's a very good song. It's not the only good combo out there, and certainly not the worst potential one. And the +50% damage skill that was mentioned earlier is single-target, costs 2p, lasts a few seconds and is cureable, so I wouldn't be trying to compare that to a mid-stanza song.
  • Scorpiontail as a weakened passive with the ability to KA SCORPIONTAIL so you prone the next attack? Speak to me Lerad speak to me!
  • Siam said:
    Does Nightsight serve a purpose at all here in Lusternia? Maybe we can tweak it! :D What about Via? Is it being used at all in its current incarnation? Maybe we can change that to a skill that adds a bonus movement speed in urban/road environments. Thoughts?

As per avoid, maybe we can implement diminishing returns for it? i.e. capping the number of times it can be used in succession, for rp-reasons maybe can chalk it up to exhaustion or something. Just my two cents.
    -- If I remember correctly, nightsight lets you squint during the night.
    -- A change to Via was proposed a while ago that would basically turn it into Flow but in urban environments. Your idea sounds fine but I think it would get the "We do not find this to be necessary." stamp. And no, I am not aware of anyone that uses Via on a regular basis.
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited April 2013
    @Dynami
    - You remember correctly!
    - I used Via...once. The Flow-equivalent suggestion is nice.

- Agreed on Avoid, it shouldn't be horrendously spammable...but what about Reflection, which is essentially a lightning-fast equivalent? One that allows you to keep the defense on movement, even. And is a looot lower on the lessons.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • One thing that has always really bothered me is the inability of dreambodies to change elevations, especially since druids have a tendency to play with targets' elevations fairly regularly in their melds. Right now the only way I know of to go to the trees when someone climbs up or gets yanked by a demesne tick is to burn three power on a dreamdrift, which gets fairly ridiculous fairly quickly.

An ability called Float that allows the dreambody to FLOAT TREES / SKIES / GROUND seems warranted. They're already incorporeal and moving purely by thought, I don't see much reason that they shouldn't be able to think in terms of up and down as well.
    edited April 2013
    Though it's minor, we should probably remove the wound curing aspect of lifedrain and either leave it as is or give it something else. Monks don't need that at all with what they have over warriors already.

Edit: How about a line for when you sip quicksilver and already have speed up? Like the adrenaline line: "You are already speeded."
  • That would be report 52 at work.

I agree to the quicksilver thing.

As to avoid:  Avoid, Timeslip, and reflection should all have the same rising cost imo.  Potentially with a minor advantage to each based on something.  Like timeslip doesnt fall on attack others do, heck avoid falls on everything. Make avoid superior somehow to the others given its limits.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Eritheyl said:
    @Dynami
    - You remember correctly!
    - I used Via...once. The Flow-equivalent suggestion is nice.

- Agreed on Avoid, it shouldn't be horrendously spammable...but what about Reflection, which is essentially a lightning-fast equivalent? One that allows you to keep the defense on movement, even. And is a looot lower on the lessons.
    They denied making Via into a copy of Flow, though. So I think a movement speed bonus(not too steep) would be nice.

Well, multiple successive casts for Avoid, Reflection, etc. should have a rising cost or a chance to fail that scales the more it is used within 1-2 minutes from the time it was first cast.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Was speaking to a few people earlier, and im sure this has been brought up at some point, but would just like to know thoughts. Environment weathersight, as a mythical ability, allows you to see through fog (not sure where this is, never seen it) and blizzards (lowmagic winter). Since ive played i dont think ive ever seen someone use winter. So is it useful at all? Why doesnt it allow to see through mage effects? (sandstorms, pyromancer thing? etc.) Just seems lame for a mythical skill. Might be a horrible nerf to said skills, just wondering about others thoughts.
    It also pierces naturally-occurring blizzards, which are extremely annoying. It's a handy skill, once I wish I would learn up to already.

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LORALARIA - CONVERGENCE
    Stanza:     High (7-9)
    Targetable: Yes
    Power:      5 (Matrix)
    This song can only be targeted on someone who is asleep. It will focus
    all the musical energy on one person, causing him or her to immediately
    be flung to another room in the area, bypassing all resistance against
    magical summons. It will also leave the hapless individual stunned and
    surrounded with an aeonic field. However, it will immediately end the
    song when performed.

I feel like the skill is quite useless, but I have no idea how to fix it or what to replace it with

Any ideas?
    There were discussions "back in the day" about changing it to a Conclave-esque skill, but that never got off the ground. It really does need some reworking.

-

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2013

Problem is loralaria doesn't need anything more at the moment, and there are envoys (read: me) that take issue with guilds that have too much asking for more that is not needed.

Skill might be bad but unless you can point out an area where Symphony needs something, there's no reason to change it.

edit: I don't really subscribe to the idea that because a skill isn't used it must be changed. Balance is more complex than that.

• May as well make it something utility or flavour than not have it ever be used, which I personally have never seen.
  • edited April 2013
    Celina said:

Problem is loralaria doesn't need anything more at the moment, and there are envoys (read: me) that take issue with guilds that have too much asking for more that is not needed.

Skill might be bad but unless you can point out an area where Symphony needs something, there's no reason to change it.

edit: I don't really subscribe to the idea that because a skill isn't used it must be changed. Balance is more complex than that.

Symphonium, with the introduction of dramaturgy, and recent envoy buffs, has become one of the best, if not THE best bard guild, so I can agree with you there.

However, you shouldn't instantly dismiss someone wanting more out of a high level skill that is totally useless.

Few ideas of the top of my head:
    Passive: Allies (or perhaps squad members?) hearing the song won't flee due to fear.  Would be useful in some bashing situations, and help against fearaura.
    Active: Set a beacon that allies in the local area can teleport to?  Something along those lines, perhaps a faster teleport.

Hrmm, not sure, but generally trying to think of things that would add utility, and not so much offensive or defensive prowess.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.