The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• Oh god I used the wrong you're! I wish I could edit so bad.
  • Lynch Othero.
  • Negative on that, Ghost Rider.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Krackenor said:
    You're a bit defensive at Maylea for a perfectly reasonable question, Luce. Might you have a guilty conscience? A spot of digital blood on your clothes? Out! Out, damned spot!
    Not to take sides, but that's a ridiculous statements if you read her answer. Her answer is literally stating that Maylea is asking a leading question, and is factually incorrect. If that's the case, I'd be defensive too.

I haven't gone back to read if what Luce is saying is accurate though.

Yeah, that's fair. I was deliberately being melodramatic and over the top. Alas, things without remedy should be without regard. What's done is done.
  • It's hard to ask questions that are not leading.
    And yes, it's partly my fault - I get mixed up
    between jail and block, especially since we've
    kind of used the words interchangeably.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ok! A couple of things in brief because I am running late (so hey I'll spend a few more minutes on my computer, smart thinking), but I can elaborate more in an hour or two.

Yes, I jailed Ieptix last night. (Which means I jailed Luce, then Maylea, then Ieptix). When I jail someone, they are taken away on my barge for the night, so when someone tries to visit them they are not there.

I actually missed the whole 'block Maylea' discussion. When it came to night I was a bit torn and went with Maylea as a gut decision, or perhaps a subconscious one having read it mentioned. But I didn't do it because I thought it was the plan.

I'm expecting that Ieptix is doing google-fu right now and hunting up a suitable role claim and power. Pretty sure he is the mafia we're looking for. I am also still a bit suspicious of Maylea given if she already suspected she was being blocked (my bad) then having someone else do the kill makes sense. She's not out of the woods yet.

Nor is Luce. I think by now the mafia knows who we are and a reveal will only hurt them, not the town. I could be wrong, but it's my thinking.

• No Google needed. I am Edgar from King Lear. I'd rather keep my power under wraps since if the mafia knows it it becomes utterly worthless. I'll also note that I was attacked by whatever those nightmares were yesterday, which don't fit with any of the revealed town powers and thus is probably a mafia thing, which wouldn't make sense if I'm mafia myself. Admittedly, though, I have no bloody clue what they did.
  • If you don't believe my claim, you can have Krackenor investigate me tonight as well.
  • I think the interaction between Luce/Maylea/Kracenor is odd. 

One, there's the poem thing. That's thin, but speaking in iambic pentameter is an easy way to just be confusing. But Tremula was doing poems and turned out to be town, so who knows.

However, her last comment makes no sense. Jailer and blocker are not similar or interchangeable, and accusing Luce based on that appears to be intentionally misleading which Krackenor then jumped on as defensive, when Luce was specifically and clearly stating Maylea's information was wrong. 

So it very much wasn't defensive, and defensive is a codeword for Mafia. So that whole line of questioning is suspect.

That being said, Luce play fast and loose with the terms "watcher" and "spy" is odd, as they are not the same either, as one leans towards traitor (traitor and spy aren't NECESSARILY the same), while the other is obviously town. The mafia have no need for a watcher. 

So there's something weird there, I just can't put my finger on exactly what. 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    well, I'll put this out here, I watched Krackenor last night (being an investigator, I figured he would be targetted or protected/healed, which would at least give me some information). He was acted on by one other person. Lack of kill makes me think healed/doctored and being that it's an important role, it would make sense that this person hasn't openly declared yet. Hence my hesitation about coming right out with it. 

I'd like Luce to clarify his spy/watcher thing mistake/power but super suspicious fingers pointed at him right now.

At this point the only people who haven't said something about their roles (that I recall) are Othero and Maylea. Ieptix just did, but only a name and Luce is being shifty about theirs. Being that Ieptix was jailed, he's probably the best person to lynch at this point barring other information that comes up.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I now suspect that I'm the only one
    that muddles up the words jail and block;
    I have not played a game that had a jailer.
    I'm sorry for the confusion that's caused.

I'm still not sure we've heard from everyone?
  • Are the gods conspiring against the mortals?! 

This takes admin bias to a whole new level. 
    I think the only one left is @Rolsand

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I've never hidden my bias against you, CC dear, so I'm not sure how it could be a conspiracy.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi

Synkarin said:
    So I lied

@Lavinya - who did you jail the last two nights? Assuming Maylea was two nights ago because you didn't dispute, but confirmation would be good

@Luce - Spy, according to my bad googlefu is typically a traitor role, which is typically scum. You didn't really address this comment at all (the only reason I looked at spy, was because you brought it up, that you were a spy more than a watcher). Care to address it?
    89% of my mafia experience is from Town of Salem, and I'm used to spy power being hearing mafia chat and seeing their targets, so when I see that power I call it that... Moreover, you're the watcher, I think Othero thought I was a tracker, and my role is given as witness. I have no control over how Sylandra made or found the roles, but look at Vivet's Disguiser or Romeo's lover if you need other examples of non standard roles or implementations.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also, for the love of Estarra, I'm a guy.
  • Synkarin said:
    I think the only one left is @Rolsand

pardon?
  • its impossible to do those quotes
    @Rolsand - you hadn't said anything since the Night ended.

Not that you've said much at all though

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Did you notice anything last night Rolsand?

Also, has anyone besides Ieptix noticed anything about the nightmares? I hope it's not an arson power of some sort. Btw stray thought I had about Ieptix - saying Krackenor can investigate him can sometimes be a deliberate ploy from a mafioso that knows they will appear as innocent. Or a wild bluff.

• Nothing happened to me.
  • Ok, I'm done being silly and hammy (get it? It's 'cause I'm Hamlet) and I'm ready to talk seriously. As some of the more literary among you may have seen, I've spent the day quoting lines from Shakespeare. But not just any Shakespeare (especially not poetry Celina), I've been quoting from Macbeth. And not just any old lines from Macbeth, I've been quoting from a very specific character. Namely, I've been quoting Luce!

Or should I say...

LADY MACBETH

• Amazing. I'll easily buy it. Vote: Luce
    Considering Luce was one I was suspicious of, I can also get behind this.

Vote Luce

Vote: Luce

Yep

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Oh right...Vote Luce
  • Rolsand said:
    Hrm
    So what's going on is that Krackenor is our investigator and found out that Luce is Lady Macbeth, who is without a doubt a villain. Now, there is the chance that Krackenor is mafia pulling a really good con. But that chance is ridiculously low. Investigator is a town role 99.9% of the time and we've already killed the other "investigator" in the game. Voting for Luce is a good move here.
  • Vote:Luce
  • That's a lynch!