The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• If Ieptix is who he says he is
    I'm nervous about lynching him. Othero's
    right that Edgar's known for his disguises,
    but he is also known for being true,
    and loyal - unlike his brother - to the King.
    But I myself cannot tell if he speaks
    the truth; I must trust in those who're proven,
    and pray I do not send a friend to die.
    Though I would ask we do not move in haste.
  • 1) I was jailed again last night, kill still happened.
    B) The flavor text I received regarding the nightmares yesterday matches up with Luce's vote-reduction power reveal. (Are we allowed to quote flavour text? Is it only rolesheets we can't quote?). So, confirmed mafia member trying to get me lynched when iirc I wasn't even under any suspicion at that point.
    III) I didn't reveal my power because it's a one-time reactionary power; if I'm victim of a successful night kill, I'm able to fight off and kill the attacker instead. Kind of like a bomb, only I don't die and it only works for night kills, i.e. not lynchings. Incidentally, if the mafia had been targeting me two nights ago when Lavinya jailed me...
    Shi) Y'all had the opportunity to verify my claim and apparently didn't take it? From context I feel like he investigated Othero, but I 'unno.

In any case, my suspicions currently lie heaviest on Othero, but I have no hard information to base anything off. Unless Krackenor investigated him and revealed that he's town, there's been 0 information about him released that I can recall. And even if Krackenor did investigate him, the same argument y'all are using about me being a mafia-investigates-as-town could apply to him just the same.

Still, I fully expect to be lynched today, without really being able to do anything about it, so.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • So what part of me is suspicious? Is it leading two lynches on mafia members? Because I can totally see how damning that is. I think "Othero is suspicious" has become the mafia tell just because I'm playing an aggressive game.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Ieptix: Othero, Synkarin (2)

It takes 4 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote:Ieptix
  • Alary did the same thing once he was accused of being a villain or whatever.
  • Unvote: Ieptix So that we're not in ninja lynch mode. i'd like to let everyone talk and see if Ieptix has more of a defense then I look suspicious. 
  • So we're clear, my suspicion of Othero isn't a defense for myself, but rather offering a potential alternative target. Maylea is also still a reasonable suspect, as well. Celina can never be trusted, though at least has made a claim; we still know nothing about Othero or Maylea (unless my assumption of Krackenor investigating Othero was correct, in which case confirmation that Othero is actually town would be nice).

My defense(s) however were listed in the first part of my last post:

1) I was jailed again last night, kill still happened.
    B) The flavor text I received regarding the nightmares yesterday matches up with Luce's vote-reduction power reveal. (Are we allowed to quote flavour text? Is it only rolesheets we can't quote?). So, confirmed mafia member trying to get me lynched when iirc I wasn't even under any suspicion at that point.
    III) I didn't reveal my power because it's a one-time reactionary power; if I'm victim of a successful night kill, I'm able to fight off and kill the attacker instead. Kind of like a bomb, only I don't die and it only works for night kills, i.e. not lynchings. Incidentally, if the mafia had been targeting me two nights ago when Lavinya jailed me...
    Shi) Y'all had the opportunity to verify my claim and apparently didn't take it? From context I feel like he investigated Othero, but I 'unno.

I feel it's a bit disingenuous however to claim that you "[lead] two lynches on mafia members", though, Othero. You were the main force against Alary, sure. Luce though was pretty much in the clear until Krackenor revealed his role, at which point there wasn't really anything else to do but just vote. Given the reveal, it's perfectly plausible that other mafia members would jump on that train to play themselves off as town, since the lynch was essentially guaranteed. I don't think it likely, necessarily, that you are mafia, but at this point you've been one of the most hush-hush players while just about everyone else has released some sort of info. As I said above, maybe Krackenor's investigation last night changes this, but he'd need to actually tell us that first for it to be relevant.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • why should I reveal anything? I've only after pro town so what benefit is there to reveal myself.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    At this point, I'm almost inclined to have everyone reveal, and see if their reveals match up with what's been seen/heard whatever.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I think revealing could result in death,
    but then I guess they'll kill us anyway.
    If we are all agreed about this course
    of action, I'm willing to consent to it.
  • "I'm pro town," as evidence as why you don't have to reveal is about the worst defense possible. Literally everyone says they are pro town, it's like....the entire premise of the game.
  • I mangled that on my phone. My point is that everything I've done is pro-town. I rooted out Alary and was part of the vote on Luce. And Luce was not in the clear, the entire reason I we were playing 20 questions is because I really didn't buy the role claim. And yes, Krackenor investigated me. I'm not going to reveal my powers or anything else. What scum role would I even be? At the game size it is safe to assume a 3 person mafia. Am I the 3rd mafia member who killed two of his own? Or am I the SK who hasn't killed anyone the entire game? There's no scum role that I'd fit in. If you think I'm suspicious then you're not playing logically.
    At this point, I don't understand why we're not willing to reveal. 

But, as it may, I think Ieptix is the one to lynch. It's true that he was likely jaield last night, but there's a good chance, he also knew that and used some kind of 'block avoidance' power that isn't uncommon in these games. I think our best choice is to go with him.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • As a note, jailer overrides basically everything as far as I know. I'm pretty sure you can't block yourself from being jailed. 
  • Yeah, unless there is a very specific anti-jailer power then jailer will override whatever you do at night.
    I don't know, there's been several games I've been part of where the scum had a 'penetrate through any protections' one time power. 

The Reign game where I was scum, we had one (same host), so I don't believe it's out of the realm of consideration.

If we're going to assume that Ieptix is safe because he was jailed, then I would say Celina needs to be lynched. 

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Wait what. You just flipped the script on me
    I didn't flip any script, I've always thought you were shady, there just have been more pressing, more shady people in the meantime. 

Looking back, I wanted to review the night when 5 people targetted Tremula

1) Lavinya - jailed him 
    2) Krackenor - investigated
    3) Synkarin/Eldanien - watched him
    4) Celina - attempted murder
    5) Luce - likely attempted murder as well

This actually makes me re-think things, especially due to Luce being outed as Lady MacBeth and a baddie. Why would two mafia people target someone at least one of them was trying to kill. Luce couldn't have janitored, it was a one time power and that was used on Lavinya, and reducing his votes needed to 2/3 defeats the purpose if Celina is offing him. This in my book clears Celina.

So, I really think it's Ieptix. 

Othero - while he hasn't revealed, he's been pretty pro-town and came back clean after investigated.
    Maylea - I believe she's also cleared due to my watching escapades. She also hasn't revealed.
    Rolsand - has come out as Mayor type, with extra votes, likely Town
    Krackenor - investigator, pretty clear good guy
    Celina - likely in the clear due to how events turned out
    Myself - watcher, pretty confirmed

So, lets either lynch Ieptix, or someone make a case to lynch someone else. We're dragging on pretty slowly.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Vote: Ieptix

Sure, I'm honestly not too worried. Even if it isn't Ieptix I don't think we're losing a power we're screwed without and we will have another shot next day phase with a very small list of suspects.
  • Vote:Ieptix
  • errrr I already voted
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Ieptix:  Synkarin, Rolsand, Othero (3)

It takes 4 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vote: Ieptix
    edited May 2016
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Ieptix: Synkarin, Rolsand, Othero, Krackenor (4)

What ho! That's a lynch!

---

It seems as if each scene has grown quicker and quicker in the heroes' haste to rid themselves of the accursed villains upon their stage, and this time it is Ieptix they have fixed their eyes upon. Once more following the charge of the loudest among them, they seize on Ieptix even as he tries to flee, forcing him to stand before the stage's noose. He even begins to laugh as the rope is placed around his neck, shaking his head as his shoulders convulse in dark mirth.

"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that, when we are 
    sick in fortune, often the surfeit of our own behaviour, we make 
    guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars; as if we 
    were villains on necessity; fools by heavenly compulsion; 
    knaves, thieves, and treachers by spherical pre-dominance; 
    drunkards, liars, and adulterers by an enforc'd obedience of 
    planetary influence; and all that we are evil in, by a divine 
    thrusting on."
    -King Lear

"The play hasn't ended yet, poor fools," Ieptix says with a smirk, and with a jerk of the rope those are his final words upon this stage.

Ieptix was...

Edmund, a tragic villain.
    "[…] why 'bastard'? Wherefore 'base,' 
    When my dimensions are as well compact, 
    My mind as generous, and my shape as true 
    As honest madam's issue? Why brand they us 
    With 'base,' with 'baseness,' 'bastardy,' 'base,' 
     base,'" 
     -King Lear 

You are the bastard son of Gloucester, shafted your whole life due to your status as an illegitimate son. Your dad makes jokes about you all the time, people treat you terribly, and you're altogether kind of screwed by the pecking order of your time. Primogeniture is the worst. Meanwhile your half-brother, Edgar, stands to inherit your father's wealth while you... well, you're lucky if he doesn't make jokes about boning your Mom in public. Thanks, Dad. Can we blame you for spreading lies about Edgar in order to increase your fortunes? Nah. What about flirting with King Lear's married daughters, Goneril and Regan, to get them to do your dirty work? Probably less cool of you, but hey, those women were the worst. What about backstabbing Dad so you can take over his lands, while meanwhile his eyes get gouged out by his enemy? Well. Let it never be said you half-do anything. 

Your gift for convincing people of things that are untrue, however, is quite legendary. For that, you are an opponent not to be taken lightly indeed. 

You win when the villains oust the heroes from the stage. 

Brother Dearest: Whenever you are investigated, you appear as your half-brother: Edgar, a tragic hero. [Investigator Immunity]

---

Those left remaining cheer and pat one another on the back, certain of their inevitable victory...when once more the stage lights flicker, announcing that the next scene is upon them. No, it seems their toil upon this stage is not yet done. Yet if Ieptix was not the last of the villains, then who among those standing could be a traitor to the heroes?

But the day is the time for such interrogations. The night is a time for plots, schemes, and - sometimes, alas - endings.
    Daraius said:
    It is Act Six
    Scene Two: Night

You have forty-eight hours to send in your night actions. Act Seven will begin either when all actions are received, or the deadline is up.
    Daraius said:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    THAT'S WHAT YOU GET, JERKFACE!  L-)

The stage lights flicker, announcing that all night actions are in! Act Seven will begin shortly.
    Daraius said:
    Act Six
    Scene Two: Night

"Time... Thou ceaseless lackey to eternity."
    -The Rape of Lucrece

Has the might of the heroes grown so strong that none dare to challenge it? Perhaps so, for this day not a single dead body is found upon the stage. Every player returns from the night in fairly good shape, many with spirits lifted from the events of the past few days. Why, at this point it seems that the players have all the time in the world to rid themselves of any foes, and yet perhaps there is a dark purpose to the bright tidings that this morning brings? Giddiness and paranoia both swell among those gathered, bringing the events of this twisting play to, perhaps, their final interlude as Act Seven begins.

[Exeunt, all]
    Daraius said:
    edited May 2016
    It is Act Seven
    Scene One: Day

6 players remain on stage.

It takes the verdict of 4 people to sabotage a fellow player from the stage.
    Daraius said: