The Shakespearean Mafia Game - Heroes (Town) Win!

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Krackenor said:
    -snip-Back on the second hand, we may put two additional town at risk and only uncover one mafia.

I honestly don't know which course would be better :/
    Eh. Mafia knows who we are anyway. This just gives us a clearer picture of which of us needs protecting in what order.
  • I targeted Tremula. I am Titus Andronicus, and I know Tamora, Queen of the Goths is somewhere in this game, and that she is evil. That's the short version of my role. 

I have a one time night sacrifice (or nightkill), which I tried to use on Tremula because I thought she was mafia and/or very dangerous with her behavior. 

The boon of my power, sacrifice, is that if I successfully sacrifice a member of the mafia, it will reveal who Tamora is as she will make herself known as she seeks revenge on me. 
  • Queen of the goths?

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I keep reading it as Queen of the Goloths :/
  • So far, all but one person who targeted Tremula has outed themselves.  I'm on the fence regarding the fifth person.  Perhaps they can convince me without drawing too much attention to themselves.  Perhaps they'll out themselves.  Perhaps others may convince me to name them.  I don't know at this point, though of course I have a hunch.

I will confirm that four of the five people who targeted Tremula last night were myself, @Lavinya, @Luce, @CyndarinAscends.

@Tremula's poetry is confusing to me.  Please explain again what prompted you to perform a night kill?

Right now, I've got one person I highly suspect and two people I moderately suspect.  I'd like to see more discussion and/or gather more info before acting on those suspicions.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Even when I do not stand upon the stage, I watch from the wings.
    I struck simply because I was wary of the threat in my mind to which Dylara clings.
    She is known to be wily and crafting, and I wished no
    tomfoolery to fall, as in yesteryear, on the morrow.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Interesting...I wonder if the last person on the Tremula-train last night is an investigator. The haiku harridan certainly drew enough attention to herself last night that it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case. 

Also, Tremula, that is a terrible defense. You were afraid of Dylara because she's a good player so you killed her? On Day 1? Before she could do anything even remotely suspicious or untrustworthy? Honestly, that's enough for me to cast my vote. 
    An admittance of err and a stayed hand cannot bring
    her back, true, but there have been those who do the same thing.
    To lose a source of death on the side of the town
    would certainly edge the mafia closer to the crown.
    Unless of course, that is your intent, in which case
    I will be glad to die this night after bashing in your face.

• Vote: Tremula

I'm not buying any of your excuses and I think it makes more sense for you to be mafia or SK and deflecting.
    Okay yeah poetry is dumb right now. I gave you exact details about my role, kill method, and what I did. Yeah, I messed up because I know Dylara's incredibly crafty and was considering doing the same to Vivet. Killing me and taking one of (if not the only) the town's abilities to kill at night is a mistake. If I was mafia, then my chatter at night would have been heard, but it wasn't. I don't have a steadfast argument for SK, but we don't even know that there *is* a serial killer at the moment. Unless they aren't doing anything, then we have the name of mafia and serial killer who visited me last night, and both villain kills not going through two nights in a row is too slow to be plausible.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula was jailed, so no, nothing would have happened. It prevents night actions working ON you as well as you performing them.

Vig killing someone because you think they are crafty? You know it helps the town to also have clever crafty people too, right? Really not buying it. Obviously there are others out there but Tremula is either really bad at being a good guy or guilty as sin. My guess is the second.

Vote TREMULA

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ye Olde Vote Count:

Tremula: Othero, Lavinya (2)

It takes 7 votes to advance to the next scene.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Tremula said:
    Unless they aren't doing anything, then we have the name of mafia and serial killer who visited me last night, and both villain kills not going through two nights in a row is too slow to be plausible.
    Unless you're the SK, in which case everything would seem to line up perfectly, unless there's some detail I'm missing because it's midnight and I'm exhausted.

Either way, Tremula is reeeeaaaalllly sketchy to me right now. I think I can get behind a vote: Tremula for now.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    I am extremely bad at being a good guy, but at this point if you're extremely invested in lynching me then I have nothing to say in my defence. Go for it, I'll quit out and try again next game.

Vote: Tremula

• Vote Tremula
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tremula voting herself can be taken at face value as an 'I give up, see I'm innocent but I'll be a martyr' or a last ditch attempt of a cornered mafiosa trying to make us doubt her.

I'm genuinely sorry if you're an innocent but I'm not convinced enough to remove my vote.

• Although I lean towards the present vote,
    I'd like to know Eldanien's content 
    before I too submit Tremula's name -
    though I think all's said that can be voiced.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, that and Lavinya should decide who she and the other roleblocker will be on tonight so they aren't hitting the same targets. I think we should wait for @Eldanien though so we're not making that decision in a vacuum.
  • I won't go into details, but I don't need protected... yet.  Once I saw what I saw, I went back and paid close scrutiny to every post from each of those names, to try to get a sense of their motivations.  I also had the same idea Krackenor suggested, in that the fifth person may be our investigator.  There's enough doubt that I'm not yet ready to share that name, though I'll be watching for them to convince me.  Alternatively, if there's enough of an emphatic push from the right people, I would reveal that name.

There's a few people we aren't hearing much from.  I've gone back and done post counts, and we've got people with seven and eight total posts since game start.  Even if you don't have information to share, opinions would be good to hear - what to do about that fifth unnamed visitor, opinions on Tremula's actions, anything.

I think we can't risk letting Tremula live, mostly because her guilt or innocence (which we find out after lynch) gives me a vital piece of information.  I'm torn between believing the role claim (hero!) or believing the role claim EXCEPT as SK (villain!) - because Kate did bash Hortensio over the head with her lute, and it would make a certain sense to make Kate into a vig (redeeming the female role) or serial killer (revenge on a misogynistic world).

That said, I'm not going to vote for Tremula, yet.  I'm waiting to see who does vote for her.  I expect that in the end Tremula will get lynched because we have to lynch someone and time is ticking away.

Mandolin, but do what you have to do. If lynching me gives the watcher more info, go for it. It's not like anyone is going to suggest lynching any of the other people who didn't act, so I'm going to give a show if nothing else. 

Vote: Rolsand

Tell me why it shouldn't be you, since you've posted nothing substantial.

Fos:

(@Sylandra, I can't bold on my phone for some reason)

Ignore the fos, touch screens are 

And just to be clear, I'm changing my vote so no mafia snipes while Eldanien is processing and to let everyone come in. You all have more than enough to lynch me without me. 

Shaddus
    Rolsand
    Alary
    Ieptix

Should probably fall on the question block after me, and more info on what Krackenor's deal is, and Cyndarin's opposing queen, would be very 

• I fear I must reveal myself, my role in this grand adventure. I am none other than Dogberry, chief policeman of Messina. I hail from the play Much Ado About Nothing. My power is obvious now that you know my role, I am the investigator. I have investigated Tremula, and she's of a nasty sort. A killer without remorse, she's a nasty sort. Kathrine from Taming o the Shrew, she is prone to madness and violence like some common criminal. But alas, there is nothing common about Tremula, for she is none other than our much searched for serial killer. 
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
    How very lovely of you to give out information I've already provided, Alary, but would you be so willing as to describe something more in detail? After all, the famed policeman would be more than capable of giving a full case report.

Vote: Alary because even if you do manage to pull the wool over everyone's eyes today, then after the lynch goes through and I am revealed to be innocent, you'll be on the chopping block and that's one ne'erdowell down.

• You claim vigilante, but that is not what you are. You kill for amusement, you are a serial killer, not one of justice. I simply back the claims of others, and give proof where none can be found. I vote for Tremula simply because justice is what I would see, and you are naught but a madman roaming the streets.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Dogberry is famed for his stupidity,
    but if @Eldanien can confirm 'twas thus
    and none refute the claim Alary makes
    I will for Tremula vote anon.
  • Ooh, really interesting development. @Alary , Can you verify any of the others who have spoken out from your night one investigation? Or is that person's identity still concealed?
    There is no proof in your claim, boastful liar. I'd rather lance my 'sting' through myself than see your falsities given credence. Had you visited me in the first night to discover a vicious serial killer, why would you hold your tongue through to the second and allow me a second time to strike without the ability or action to beg others to block or jail me? You are a charlatan and a fraud, because logically you would only be able to investigate me last night, when I was jailed and no night actions on me would be able to go through.

You are mafioso, or perhaps the serial killer yourself, for why would Dogberry, of a middling sort, be forced upon our stage as sincerely eloquent as you are? A farce, if Much Ado About Nothing you truly hail from, you hold the guise of Don John. I implore the rest of you to think about all the evidence already presented and see how ludicrous Alary's claim is, and show justice where it is due.

If she is innocent, I'll kill myself tonight and be done with the whole dreary affair, I vow to the Bard.

• Think who I am, and who you wish me to be. That no less makes me the investigator. My other target was none other than Krackenor, and he is simply Hamlet. Just Hamlet.
    Or you're a mafia who sees the discord and is jumping in because you don't know who the real investigator and hope to get the counter-claim, so you can kill them off tonight after I've been lynched, killing two power-heavy town roles before you get killed in return.