the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    { Makaela said:
    That was the point I was trying to make by providing reasons why if they were town they would have stepped forward }

Yeah, your additional post that gave more thoughts was made while I was still writing my reply. Ninjas, the lot of you.
  • I had intended it to be a part of the original post... but being half asleep I hit send before realizing I had not typed it yet XD
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I've a question for Earthquake day-blocked people, did it block your trainer action, your pokemon action, or both? Any variance?
  • People already stated they were still allowed to use their Pokemon ability even though hit by the quake. Which is one of the reasons Like a seems suspicious since she claims the quake blocked what she says is her Kelceon's ability.
  • Dumb auto correct changed Kille to Like.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Another comment - earthquake actually would be most powerful for a survivor role. Think about it. Role blocking everyone has included mafia kills. This is frustrating for town investigations etc, but inherently better for town than for mafia. They lost the night where they were most likely to get away with a kill undetected, purely by virtue of the least information being in play.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Ah, didn't realise that had been answered already, but yep, that was exactly what I was hoping to check. Claimed that the Earthquake blocked the Shadow Sneak but was still able to Transform today.

So are others whose pokemon were blocked by the Earthquake last night also free to use their pokemon today?
    Also I think we should give Kilee another night for the following reasons:

1) She is new and might legitimately be confused.

2) If that is the case, having a successful night of her ability will make explaining it easier.

3) If she does steal someone's Pokemon, that's really easy to point out the next day, and even easier to point out the culprit as Kilee.

4) With all this suspicion, I'm sure Kilee will attract some townie powers (or mafia even) tonight to suss out her abilities. Stealing Pokemon is bad for both mafia and town, hypothetically.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Another comment - earthquake actually would be most powerful for a survivor role. Think about it. Role blocking everyone has included mafia kills. This is frustrating for town investigations etc, but inherently better for town than for mafia. They lost the night where they were most likely to get away with a kill undetected, purely by virtue of the least information being in play.
    If we believe what you, Othero, and Krackenor have told us, it actually sounds like the quake saved them from getting caught last night. You sensed 2 presences, Othero claims to have watched and see Krackenor, and Krackenor claims he isn't the killer. So while it was probably purely luck and did stop their kill, it did play in their favour this time.

Though I'm still not convinced that Krackenor is being truthful. With what Cyndrain(and I think somebody else did too?) reported in that she also noted a failed attack, it might be that Othero's watch would be able to detect a blocked player's attempt. Maybe that's just how Tremula is having this game, or maybe it was a side-effect of an Earthquake block? 
    I know I get like a dog with a bone when I'm focused on something, but I will say I am fine with letting Kilee get a reprieve since she's new to the forum games.

Just don't know if there's going to be anything more substantial to form a lynch that will convince 14 people on! :|
    @Lehki I feel this concern has already been addressed in this thread by @Cen and @Melali and myself. Is it possible Krackenor is lying? Sure. But if he failed to kill me, again, a Watcher wouldn't know that or see that. I only know because I'm a Psychic that anyone intended to kill me. So if Krackenor has piqued my suspicion for anything, it's his unwillingness to share what he did to me.

I'm not inherently against a Kilee lynch. I just would prefer a Rolsand lynch to avoid any later day confusion about his role.
    Daraius said:
  • Again the reason I'm still not totally convinced on that because Cyndarin claims her message showed somebody tried to attack her but was stopped by the quake. And Kalaneya as well, claims that she saw somebody interacting with her pokemon, but then that person was hit by the quake. And I doubt all 3 of you have that same psychic power.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong(this is my first game too, and I've only looked over the Nightvale one), but isn't that also against the norm, seeing blocked actions against you? I feel like it's at least possible that a Watcher would see failed attempts too. 

On the other hand, if failed night actions were universally reported, we'd probably have more reports from people about seeing failed actions since at least 5 people have claimed being blocked, and I doubt the killers would volunteer that. Did anybody else see people being hit by a quake in their message?
  • well since I doubt you guys are gonna give me a second chance I might as well say my role.
  • my Pokemon has the ability to block people only five time. I'm basically a third party as well as a town.
  • But my own power is something special and probably something I shouldn't tell you
  • Rolsand my suspicions on you are entirely based on the fact that you tried to push really hard for a No lynch when the general consensus was that we should try to lynch someone for even lynching wrong provides more information. We have the numbers to be fine with a mislynch, and we might get lucky and hit mafia or a third party.

Rolsand said:
    my Pokemon has the ability to block people only five time. I'm basically a third party as well as a town.
    This makes absolutly zero sense... How can you be athird party and town?  You are one or the other.
  • @Ushaara What we know about the Earthquake so far is that: it randomly targeted people, based on no criteria that we can discern. Each targeted person had their trainer abilities blocked, with the majority (3 out of 5 reported, Iosion, Ssaliss, Dylara) being both Night and Day Blocked, 1 person demonstrably only Day Blocked (Cen), and 1 person only Night Blocked (Lehki). There are also those who were saw being struck by the Earthquake, but we don't know who they are: Sylandra's killer, Cyndarin's killer, and Kalaneya's investigator were all affected by the Earthquake. Those who are blocked by the Earthquake have stated that they are free to order their Pokemon to do stuff, talk, and vote.

@Rolsand Please tell us more. As of right now, all you've told us is your Pokemon's ability (which we've already established has little to no bearing on what one's role might be), that you're 3rd Party as well as Town, and that you shouldn't tell us anything else. Well, what does it mean to be 3rd Party and Town? And are you really sure you can't tell us anything more? As of right now, you are the most likely candidate to be lynched, since Kilee is too new.

Also, most people's suspicions have no basis in Investigation or Power results, and all basis in that they don't like you, suspect you, and don't think you're helpful.

• @Melali Oi.. I feel I have good reasons to suspect him :<  I am not targetting Rolsand just becuase he is Rolsand...
  • Melali said:
    Also, most people's suspicions have no basis in Investigation or Power results, and all basis in that they don't like you, suspect you, and don't think you're helpful.
  • It was a vote of the moment, so for now, I will unvote and wait.
  • You guys aren't giving me a real chance to play... So yes you are lynching me because I'm Rolsand.
  • It's possibly to be a third party and town depending on your power.
  • And also my block power is just like the quake that happened.
  • If I tell you guys my power what are the chances for me not being lynched? Zero to none.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As the sun beats down against you in full force from the height of its apex, Champion Alec finally reappears, holding a parasol over his head and carrying a basket full of them. Hanging from his other arm is a cooler, and once he reaches the group he opens it and begins distributing water to everyone in turn. He leaves the basket of parasols for you to take at your leisure, and moves towards the flat rock with his Shaymin, sitting down and scratching the Pokemon's belly before making an announcement.

The Solar Cells are 50% charged. The CCL: Expedition will be leaving in 82 hours.

He looks slightly confused at the proceedings, and frowns, but lets you carry on as he props up his parasol and hugs his knees to his chest. "Anyone figure out who made the ground shake?"
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

• Rolsand said:
    If I tell you guys my power what are the chances for me not being lynched? Zero to none.
    Well, that would, of course, entirely depend on said power... You saying that, however, means you have a very shady power.

Also, no, you can't be both town and third party. They're mutually exclusive; if you're third party, you're not town. Third party literally means you're not town, but you're not scum either.
  • There's always something new in mafia.
  • Going back to my Pokemon.
  • I believe I might know the Pokemon who caused the quake because it might be the exact same as mine.
  • Okay then, what is your win condition?