the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Tremula has all information on how battles work. Anyone who is rock, ice oir Lightning type that decides to attack that Kecleon will get double Exp now. Also Kilee stated she can only do it during the day which gurantees we all knowq what type her Kecleon is all the time
  • Ushaara said:
    Makaela said:
    Phoebus said:

I also have a Pokemon that does not evolve and has only a single ability that has nothing to do with getting a new Pokemon. You're absolutely right, we shouldn't make the assumption that it'd be typical for people in our situation to be finding new Pokemon. This one's looking more and more suspicious as we go.

Yes but the current day power of Kecleon is stupidly weak as it just changes its type (thus its weaknesses) However by being a day action everyone now know what type the Kecleon is and thus can plan accordingly if they want exp.  In this scenario it makes sense that the pokemon would have some kind of secondary backup power. Also her power just helps her find pokemon she probably assumes wild pokemon and assumes she can catch them. She has stated repeatedly she can not steal pokemon.

There are roles in mafia that have multiple powers, some 1 and even a few with no night powers. We have no way of knowing who has a single trainer power, multiple trainer powers or no trainer powers as of yet.  So if a trainer can have such a variance (i.e mafia/town) why would it stand to reason that pokemon cant possibly have such a variance in power numbers?
    Just to point out that without further information on how typing affects battles and/or action success/failure, type change may actually be a very strong ability, especially as a part of a scum team. Scum A studies the pokemon and determines its type, Scum B owner of Kecleon type-changes and attacks for guaranteed success. Depending on how often Kecleon can type-change, it also could grant Kilee significant protection. So I wouldn't be so quick to call it stupidly-weak.

And you're right of course in that some roles have multiple powers, but without further information coming forward, we have to form our positions on similarities or differences to what we each know individually to be true. In this, Kilee stands out as different to Phoebus and I, and so far has failed to really mount a convincing account of how she acquires 'wild' pokemon while we're all locked into on a moving train.
    Changing your pokemon's type would not affect the type of an attack though, those are separate. So Kelceon is just changing what moves are effective against IT while letting everybody know, but can't change the type of abilities it is using.  Also I read the rules as battles are just whenever a pokemon ability is used against another pokemon, even if it doesn't do damage.
  • Allyrianne: Granted, I'm not really at all knowledgeable about Pokemon at all, but when I Ctrl-F the Pokemon's move on its page or the Pokemon on the ability page, I get no results. I'm assuming that that means that the Pokemon doesn't normally learn that move. 

Ushaara: As far as I can tell, other than experience and immunities, Type does not affect powers. Additionally, for Kecleon to work as you describe, it would need a second move, some sort of ability that changes Type with the Type of Pokemon. In my mind, it's much more likely that she can more easily change her Type, as a defensive move. Depending on how she uses it, it could be an "immunity to Pokemon abilities".Additionally, my Pokemon also only has 1 ability, so far.

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, well I haven't played Pokemon in years and forgot about abilities having their own type, which yes could be relevant. Though I was thinking that only the Pokemon type mattered, since nothing was mentioned about my Pokemon's ability type.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Obviously content with its belly's temperature, Shaymin rolls to his side and stands, shaking his head vigorously and letting the ripple continue throughout his body. Fluff flies off of him as stray hairs quickly shed under the oppressive, desert sun, and he sits on his haunches, staring at you all without blinking. The wind picks up again, and gouges disappear and reform.

Vote Count:

Nobody: 2 (Kilee, Lehki)
    Krackenor: 1 (Synkarin)
    Rolsand: 4 (Makaela, Othero, Krackenor, Sylandra)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Makaela said:
    Tremula said:

IMPORTANT BATTLE NOTE:

If your Pokémon takes damage, the damage does not disappear. Your Pokémon can take 3 points of damage before fainting. If your Pokémon sustains any more damage after fainting, they will DIE PERMANENTLY and you cannot receive another one with the exception of an event.

Also I would like to point out that it is infact possible to obtain new pokemon as per Tremula. She says an Event however why could a poke power not be used as such an event?
    But just to also respond to this. Going back and reading Tremula's initial posts, the Events are stated as to occur at the stops, not during the night. Furthermore, pokemon without a trainer (which I'm assuming means when we die/are lynched, our pokemon become available at such an Event) are all in the Champion's car, not just randomly found on the train. So yes, I think Kilee still has some explaining to do!
  • I have played non mafia games that say these things can on;y occur during an event only to later find out a card/character ability could also trigger such scenarios.  This mostly occurs in Card Games that have special event timers but has happened in other types of games as well.  This could just be nother example of an ability that is an exception to the rule verses following it.  Kilee also stated that the ability finds pokemon for her. Again this is either so she can catch a new one or she has misinterpreted the exact use. 
    Hrmwrm, I'm unconvinced, but also not confident enough to try and push it through, so will back down and let others move us forward!
  • @Kilee, could you please restate what your ability does? Don't worry so much about quoting Tremula's message. Or, if you really don't want to get in trouble, send it to Tremula first to see if it would get you in trouble. However, please be as clear and as close to the original meaning (without exact quoting) as possible. As things are going, where we can't trust what you're saying and you're possibly a great danger to the rest of us, we are likely to lynch you. Perhaps not this Day, but soon.
  • Right, okay, back in the realm of internet for a little while and able to review the goings on (holy crap there were so many posts). Some thoughts:

Going after @Kilee because we know what her pokemon is seems almost fabulously unhelpful, but that seems like it's just @Rolsand's play style. It's hard to say it's suspicious because @Rolsand is more or less always like that, but it's definitely pretty loose cannony. Not really sure a lynch would be the right answer though.

I also don't think we can really predict much about someone's role from their Pokemon. Pokemon appear to function essentially as an auxiliary power, which can be lost or accumulate more powers over time, so they're probably completely independent of role, unless there's some kind of theme going on with whatever diabolical Team we're dealing with.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • @Tremula I voted for Kilee a couple pages back, but Unvote ...because I have so much to process. I did think (without quoting) that everyone who claims to have made a night action said they were affected by the earthquake ...except @Dylara (at least according to the last list I saw). Dylara, can you speak to that?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Iosion we also know some pokemon actions were blocked like @Kilee's and others were not like mine, the purrloin, the pumpkaboo, the one that put othero to sleep and the one that scanned.
  • I bring this up as it appears the earthquake only randomly affected pokemon and trainers as some people even got their night actions off. I would also like to note neither mone nor the Purloinhave any way of avoiding an earthquake which only further makes on think that the earthquake randomly affect people.
  • Understandable, just comparing the list from like a page back and Dylara was the only one with (paraphrased) "no night action, day locked by earthquake". (Excuse the lack of quote, the ineptitude of me on mobile, and, more than likely, the vodka O:-) )
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Makaela
    The only person I've seen who tried to claim that the quake blocked their pokemon was Kilee in a very vague and kind of confusing way. Everyone else has at least implied that it was only their trainer night actions that were interrupted, some even had trainer actions interrupted but pokemon actions go through. I'm therefore a bit skeptical that the earthquake affected pokemon period. Particularly since several of them have then gone on to confirm that their blocked day action did not prevent them from ordering their pokemon around.

Someone (Ushaara?) was speculating at one point that the quake only affected pokemon, but that was because the quake hadn't affected that person's trainer power. Everyone who responded to that theory was quick to say that no, they had actually been trying to use a trainer power.
  • There is also a fairly long list of people who have not mentioned their pokemon at all. Also a small list of people who have yet to say anything since the day started. We do not have enough info to rule out the Tremula factor on this pow given how wide spread it is, also it makes 0 sense for all pokemon to be completly immune. There is a small chance that the rng just really hated Kilee.
  • (Pssst. The list in question is at this link: http://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/comment/134679/#Comment_134679 . I'll leave the link to the comment containing the most current list in my signature.)
  • Iosion said:
    @Tremula I voted for Kilee a couple pages back, but Unvote ...because I have so much to process. I did think (without quoting) that everyone who claims to have made a night action said they were affected by the earthquake ...except @Dylara (at least according to the last list I saw). Dylara, can you speak to that?
    I posted a bit back saying I did not make any night action and was still hit by the earthquake.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:
    So much has gone on while I slept, yeesh. Catching up. 

I am still not okay with that pokemon catching move, because it's so unexplained/weird. Since she's new, I'll let it go for now but it just doesn't sit right with me.

To add another piece, all I can say for sure is I did nothing in the previous night (I actually almost forgot the deadline, oops). I also abstained from using my pokemons power, as it is a day only power and it is a bit random.

Cen getting lost on the way to his target seems odd as well. Food for thought. 

So does this Darkrai symbol. 
    Here's the post in fact!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I kind of think we went in a bunch of circles today as opposed to the rush of information yesterday, we should hold off on pressuring anyone until some of the quiet ones have returned.

I doubt many people have reached conclusions that they are willing to bet on, but I will help summarize everything about me: the Earthquake did impact me today, but it did not prevent my night action last night, I did not use my pokemon, my pokemon has the same power that hit Othero, and my night action was prevented by the person not being home - I can reveal who I targetted, no qualms, but I do not want to because it gives out more information than needed.

I will mostly wait until the rest of the people have spoken unless something bizarre comes up.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I just had a thought concerning this. 
    Synkarin said:
    Well, it popped in and 'distracted' me and made me question if I was going to lose it. I also slept through the quake, but am still dayblocked (me looking at the Champion confirmed this). Maybe it made me hallucinate? Not really sure.

Tremula said:
    Some Night actions take a delayed effect or give status, going onto a queue to be released throughout the day phase. The queue is now empty.
    @Synkarin you might have been hit by Confuse Ray and been given the confusion status effect. We've already seen Othero get hit with sleep.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Checking in to confirm I'm alive, barely. Taking a trip, and managed to catch a virus. I'll make a better post when I'm not hallucinating.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Hrm. Some of these details just don't add up - I'm pretty sure that @Kilee is not being 100% honest with us about what she was doing last night, but I don't know if it's grounds for lynching her just yet. What answer she gives in response to the continued pressure on her will probably help me get closer to deciding one way or another if she's potentially dangerous or just confused. And that's a response from Kilee that I'm waiting for, not @Makaela defending her more than she's defended herself.

I understand that you don't want her to feel put upon in her first game, Makaela, but being under suspicion is an inherent part of Mafia, and Kilee is the only one who can actually give answers to the questions people are asking. Ultimately, you don't know what her role is or what she was doing last night. If it turns out her role is scummy, you're going to look suspicious to everyone, even if you honestly had no idea.
  • Given how we most likely have multiple investigative roles a simple solution to that concern would be for one to investigate me on the next night. All I can say is my own role is not very useful without a pokemon power. In fact one could argue it is quite useless in most situations. I already have to play clever in order to use it properly and I can assure you I have nothing to hide from one who would investigate me.  I do however have things to hide from the Mafia(s), religious zealots or earthquake starters. 

Also the fact that the one responsible for the earthquake has yet to step up to clear their name makes me wonder if they are a potential third party.  A power like that.. that just saved town with the number of potential protective roles we have.. seems odd to me they would not step forward so we do not accidentally lynch them.  Unless in other forum games there have been imes where there were no protective roles?  Only forum mafia I have ever seen was the nightvale one.. But I assume it follows the general setups of regular mafia right?
  • Well, what would be the point of them stepping forward before they come under suspicion? I mean, let's not tie up our protector(s) more than needed.
  • that earthquake ability if townsided is a very powerful ability for town. Yes it does seem to have some annoying drawbacks but if the person uses it in a smart manner I can forsee that ability winning the game for town.  The point would be making sure a already valuable asset is protected, however I am concerned it is a third party that made use of such an ability as in my opinion it seems a bit odd to use such a risky ability on the first night has the potential to slow our Investigative role(s) in gathering information.  

I strongly feel that if this pokemon was in the hands of the Mafia they would not have used it night one it hurts them more than it helps. However a third Party that needs to leave Darkrai marks in people cabins for whatever reason might benefit from such a play.  I still feel the Darkrai mark is trainer made and not left as the result of a pokemon.  I also highly doubt Tremula would have included a Legendary in the random pool given the balance issues that would likely bring. Ergo the Darkrai Mark is the work of some Darkrai Cult, likly the same person  to use the earthquake as I feel that they would benefit most from the randomness of who gets affected and I assume that as it is their pokemon they are likely guranteed to not be hit by it. 
    (Note: trying out some homemade quoting, pardon the mess. Not 100% on how this is gonna look once I actually post it.) 

{ Makaela said:
    Also the fact that the one responsible for the earthquake has yet to step up to clear their name makes me wonder if they are a potential third party.  A power like that.. that just saved town with the number of potential protective roles we have.. seems odd to me they would not step forward so we do not accidentally lynch them.  }

They're not "stepping forward" because it's obviously not a friendly power. All signs point to the fact that we just plain got lucky with who was hit by the blocking. They have every reason to be hiding; every side would want them taken out if they came forward. Especially since it was implied that the results could have been more fatal than some twisted ankles. 
  • Another reason I think a town person would not have used it on the first night is that by doing so and potentially hitting investigative roles they actually decrease the amount of information we treuly get in this first day.  In my opinion that is a power better saved for when more information is on the table and if the person olding it thinks that things are getting out of hand and needs to buy us a day or two depending on the cooldown (if any) that it has.
  • Phoebus said:
    (Note: trying out some homemade quoting, pardon the mess. Not 100% on how this is gonna look once I actually post it.) 

{ Makaela said:
    Also the fact that the one responsible for the earthquake has yet to step up to clear their name makes me wonder if they are a potential third party.  A power like that.. that just saved town with the number of potential protective roles we have.. seems odd to me they would not step forward so we do not accidentally lynch them.  }

They're not "stepping forward" because it's obviously not a friendly power. All signs point to the fact that we just plain got lucky with who was hit by the blocking. They have every reason to be hiding; every side would want them taken out if they came forward. Especially since it was implied that the results could have been more fatal than some twisted ankles. 
    That was the point I was trying to make by providing reasons why if they were town they would have stepped forward
    (It ate my highlight but made the thing I took the formatting off of have white behind it...? Ok, well then. I'm just going to remove the formatting of whatever I want to quote to make it stand out from now on, instead of trying to give it the same background color as a normal quote. That'll work. Consider this my final extra reply on formatting woes.)