the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rolsand said:
    Even if we do have proof of who they're some people will still argue and cause confusion.

Your defeatist attitude is pretty suspicious tbh. At least try to play to win!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Trust me now that a lot attacks were failed on the first night I have a better idea of who I should my power on.
  • use my power on.
  • About Kilee she is new to  Magia, there there are nany cinfusing powers and she may be unsure of how to explain it.  To be honest from the general consensus that my thought on risking a mislynch is the way to go, I honestly fond Rolsand more suspicious in his attempts to push a No Lynch which only benefits Scum.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm not sure how I feel about a Kilee lynch yet. There's certainly suspicion there, but I can absolutely see a pokemon catching power as plausible. I think I could see it being either town or mafia (is it getting claimed as her power or her pokemon's power? I'm not clear on it.) or possibly attached to a survivor. I don't think I'm opposed to killing her, but I'm not sure I'm in favor of it either.

A power that generates powers is pretty powerful, so we should probably deal with it early. Big loss if it turns out to be a town power, huge gain if it's scum. Definitely make her a priority target for investigation if we don't lynch.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Its not very suspicious for someone to lynch nobody on the second day.
    Actually if you were paying attention last game, that's what led to Lavinya being lynched.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Heh okay.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Rolsand said:
    Its not very suspicious for someone to lynch nobody on the second day.
    I must disagree. It is suspicious and bafflingly illogical to throw out a comment about there being no information and subsequently voting to end the day super early with a no-lynch while people are in the middle of discussing what they could learn from last night's actions. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Arg. I'm just never going to try to quote anything anymore. I'll make up my own hecking quoting system.  [-( Hecking gosh.
  • *shrug*
  • Vote Rolsand
    In my opinion, his dismissvness of why people find his push for a no lynch to be scummy only cements my suspicions against him. 
  • uh, well @rolsand, since we're on the topic of gathering information and trying to figure something out, did anything happen to you?
  • Nothing happened nor did I want to do anythign last night.
  • As I said before I cant use my power one one random person out of 27.
  • Vote: Rolsand Because honestly I've seen you in enough games that you're either currently mafia and playing dumb or you still don't know how to play this game. With this many players I feel comfortable voting you just to keep you from bringing us all down.
  • on one 
  • I'm keeping an eye on Othero, Krackenor and Sylandra for now. Need to go back and check if the details confirm for sure that both Othero and Krackenor were present, but... two watchers? Never been in a game this size, but is that reasonable?

If both Othero and Krackenor are innocent, it's possible that Sylandra's making up the kill attempt entirely to mess with folks.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaymin's head shifts as the conversation turns, and the wind becomes a bit more brisk. The gouges in the sand rearrange themselves, wind blowing so furiously and briefly that it scratches new marks in front of Krackenor and Rolsand. He opens his eyes lazily, presumably looking down at his handiwork, before closing them again and rolling over on his back to sun his belly.

Vote Count:

Nobody: 2 (Kilee, Lehki)
    Kilee: 1 (Krackenor)
    Krackenor: 1 (Melali)
    Rolsand: 2 (Makaela, Othero)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Dont you think Tremula would give me a role that would require me share info?
  • You know, whoever used Earthquake, it would be a lot easier if you just step up and explain it. It would also be very useful, helping us to maybe catch Mafia or avoid killing innocent Town. 

These are quotes of what Sylandra described as her night, before Othero came and added info.
    Sylandra said:
    I got one massive message about two presences outside my door, one murderous and the other not really discussed, as I ran to my escape during the earthquake. Afterwards I got dayblocked by Puttloin. 

Sylandra said:
    I get the impression I was the target of multiple things last night but nothing besides Fake Out took hold. One was a quake-blocked kill, one was the Purrloin with Fake Out, and I'm led to believe there was another presence outside my door but idk what it was or who it was.

I guess it's possible I was protected instead of saved by the earthquake? Your guess is as good as mine. But if it's the watcher that would be awesome, because we would have a 1/3 chance of catching a killer.
    Sylandra said:
    Mine didn't. It was two separate messages: running during quake, then Purrloin. So I think I was the target of 3 people, since message 1 mentioned two presences, one of which intended to kill me. The second message was the day block, and since I had already outrun the first two presences, I'm inclined to think this was a third.
    Sylandra said:
    N1: I took no action. Two players tried to target me, one intending to kill me, but seemed blocked by the quake. This made up my first message. A third player, using a Purrloin, successfully dayblocked me using Fake Out afterwards. This made up my second message.
    Now, we have two presences outside a door, from which she ran to her escape. It doesn't mention what those presences were trying to do, other than one being murderous and that Sylandra needed to escape. Now, in addition to this information, we have two accounts of actions taken near Sylandra:
    Othero said:
    So I'm still catching up on the game but I was one of two watcher's outside Sylandra's door. The other one was Krackenor. I am not the reason Kilee's pokemon revealed itself. Someone, no idea who, put me to sleep last night so that I couldn't post for the first 28 posts of the day phase.
    Krackenor said:
    This is really, really interesting. I was outside your door, @Sylandra, but I wasn't attempting to kill you nor did I send my pokemon to block you.
    Now, if everyone is telling the truth, then the simplest explanation is that Othero was watching Sylandra and saw Krackenor, Krackenor released some murderous intent to do something to Sylandra, causing her to flee, and Sylandra fled, irregardless of the earthquake. After all, murderous intent doesn't necessarily mean the same thing as someone coming at you with a shivved toothbrush.
    More complicated answers involve some Scum that were roleblocked and invisible to Watchers, but visible to Sylandra. Sylandra, Othero, Krackenor, how does this theory match up with your abilities and messages?
  • The roles that often require one to be talkative is rather blocker/watcher.
  • Sylandra said:
    Actually if you were paying attention last game, that's what led to Lavinya being lynched.
    We already know he wasn't...he doesn't read all the posts, remember?

In any case, @Melali (he of abundant masculinity whose power this game is to kill via testosterone poisoning), I totally, totally get your suspicion of me right now. However, I would ask that you look at the testimony from Sylandra and others that point to my non-violent role last night. I can prove that I successfully completed my action if absolutely necessary (and thus wasn't subject to the roleblocking quake), but I'd much prefer to not give more information to the mafia.
  • Seeing as how literally she ra/he randomised eveeything. Which pikemon everyone gets, what roles and so forth.  It is unlikely they held a specific role for you.
    I can't control the fact that my flavor text is really difficult to sift through. :/

Normally, you wouldn't see a roleblocked person taking an action on you. I did. Normally, a watcher wouldn't see a roleblocked person trying to take an action on their target.

It's confusing, I completely agree, but I'm only offering you what I've been given.
    Daraius said:
  • Makaela said:
    Seeing as how literally she ra/he randomised eveeything. Which pikemon everyone gets, what roles and so forth.  It is unlikely they held a specific role for you.

your joking.

• If you guys think I don't have a Rolsand Role pre-planned from watching all these games, you severely underestimate my planning. 
  • Ok, I'm sorry, but...

Unvote

Vote: Rolsand

I honestly don't care if you're mafia or town.
  • K Im cool with that.
    Let me break this down for you, because I assure you I'm trying to figure this out just as much as you are.

Othero decides to watch Sylandra
    Krackenor decides to ??? Sylandra.
    ??? decides to Purrloin Sylandra, dayblocking her.
    And potentially, ??? decides to murder Sylandra.

Sylandra sees TWO presences which she runs from. One of these must be Krackenor. One of these is definitely a murderer - the flavor text is explicit on this.

The murderer was unable to take an action on Sylandra due to the Earthquake, roleblocking him/her. This is also made explicit to her.

Othero claims Krackenor was at Sylandra's quarters.

Krackenor confirms his presence at Sylandra's quarters, but Krackenor denies being a murderer. (We can reasonably assume this means Othero's watcher powers work.)

Krackenor claims whatever action he took was not blocked by the earthquake, meaning it went through.

Sylandra is unlikely to see Othero watching her, as watchers are not seen by their targets (traditionally). Therefore, we can guess that Othero was NOT one of the two presences Sylandra noticed.

Othero is unlikely to see who tried to kill Sylandra, as the kill was roleblocked. Watchers do not traditionally see roleblocked parties taking actions on their target. Therefore, it is likely that Krackenor was not the killer, as his action went through and he was detected by the Watcher.

Meanwhile someone used Purrloin on me to dayblock me, and neither Krackenor nor Othero claim responsibility for that.
    Daraius said: