the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Further - if someone is roleblocked then technically they didn't succeed in targeting me, right? So a watcher shouldn't see that person come to think of it. The flavor in this game makes it hard to say but if I was running a mafia game, I wouldn't show a watcher if someone was targeting a person (say me) but got roleblocked. It would be like that action didn't happen.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • No indication of what it was that put me to sleep. I watched Sylandra, saw Krackenor, went back to my cabin, and got very sleepy.
  • This is really, really interesting. I was outside your door, @Sylandra, but I wasn't attempting to kill you nor did I send my pokemon to block you.
    This is strange. I wish my flavor text had been more than running and latching a door shut, then being Purrloin'd. Would be easier to untangle this.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Pushed submit too soon :(

The only thing of interest I noted was the champion talking from within your cabin.
    So let's say Synkarin's theory is right: watchers can't see Pokemon. And let's say I'm right and a watcher can't pick up a roleblocked action, even if the flavor text makes it clear to the target that they had been targeted by a failed attack. This provides another two possibilities: that a Pokemon tried to kill me, or that whoever tried to kill me didn't show up on Othero's radar because the killing failed.
    Daraius said:
    The Champion being in my cabin is part of my role flavor text.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Is Champion Alec a real champion from the games, and if so which game?)
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    My Pokemon has hypnosis/sleep/sing and other variations and it does exactly as Othero said, it puts someone to sleep for 10 to 30 posts. I was not the one that used it on Othero, my action failed because the person was not home.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • 30 posts? So like...15 minutes
  • 30 posts? So like...15 minutes
    Right now? Yes. However, at the late game with possibly only four people around? That's a lot.

Then again, knowing the ability exists kinda nullifies it, so... yeah, it's an odd power.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Ushaara said:
    (Is Champion Alec a real champion from the games, and if so which game?)
    My name in almost every pokemon game has been Alec because when I first came to the U.S, people thought I was saying that instead of Alex, my name. Since I'm the host of the game, I'm the Champion, so one and two. [but I have beaten every game and collected every pokemon, won every ribbon, etc. I'm currently working on reaching top of the leaderboards with my sick Suicune plays on Pokken)
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Second thought: players historically don't see watchers visiting them. So of the two people I saw, or sensed, I suppose one must be Krackenor, but I am sincerely beginning to doubt the other one was Othero.
    Daraius said:
  • Well. That was a nice leisurely read. 

For the record: N1 - had a nice visitor. This person played with my Pokemon, quite cheerfully I might add, so I assume they know who my Pokemon is. They didn't seem particularly scummy at least by flavour text. I had my Pokemon do something and it seems to have worked. I myself didn't do anything, except for have an adorable playtime with my Pokemon and my visitor.

A couple thoughts/questions:
    One thing that I'm not clear on, and sorry if this is a noob question, but does being "dayblocked" also mean that you can't vote? Or that you just can't take non-voting actions? I assume you can still vote since the lynch number is the same from the opening post.

We know that at least two killers were earthquake'd (Toothbrush Killer and Sylandra's), so Melali is probably onto something with trying to find out everyone earthquake'd, but I doubt the actual killers will give that info up so someone will have to catch them in a lie. We can also probably assume that neither of the killers did the earthquake. 

Shadow Strike at least according to Bulbapedia has literally nothing to do with how Kilee framed what it does in this game. Sweet Scent (lures Pokemon) and Fake Out (guaranteed flinch) seems to do what it says on the box in this game. I'm a little torn between this discrepancy actually being suspicious as there's obviously a lot of interpretation as to how to fit in Pokemon moves into a Mafia game. It would also be weird because the power itself sounds so crazy suspicious that it probably wasn't made up.

It sounds like trainers and Pokemon are being treated as different entities and with so many people, it may be that some powers only affect Pokemon and some only affect trainers. It seems like both Krackenor's and Othero's powers are trainer-focused since no one noticed the Purrloin, or at least aren't admitting to it. 

Regarding Sylandra's killer, I doubt it was a Pokemon trying to kill her, it's a little off-brand for Pokemon as a franchise to have Pokemon killing people. Then again, the entire concept of Mafia is a little off-brand for Pokemon so that just might be my internal biases talking.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    @Kalaneya
    In regards to what dayblocking does, a clarification was added to the FAQ at the start of the day:

"Q: I can't perform a day action. Does that mean I can't use my Pokemon? What about voting?
    A: No, no, you are unable to perform an action yourself. You can speak, thereby allowing you to vote and order your Pokemon."
  • Ah, thanks.
    I'm inclined to agree that my killer wasn't a Pokemon for the reasons Kalaneya stated. But I think because they were roleblocked, they wouldn't have shown up on Othero's watch after all. Which sucks. :(
    Daraius said:
  • Since nobody has a strong idea or thought of who can be a villain there's no real point of me lynching anyone. Vote:Nobody.
  • Like Sylandra mentioned earlier, I think that we need to lynch somebody. The information gained when someone dies is the most official and most easily disseminated sources of information we have. We do have reasonable suspects: Krackenor, Othero, and Kilee. We know that Krackenor and Othero were at Sylandra on the night that she claims to have an attempted murder; that makes them suspects. Kilee, also was defensive and evasive on a criminal topic, also making her suspect.

Now, the one I would vote for, at this very moment, is Krackenor, as he was placed at the scene of the crime and has more holes in his story than Othero; one more hole to be exact. Why was he there? What was he doing there? Depending on how he answers those questions, I may think that he and Othero are equally suspicious, or him more, or Othero more. However, both of them are more suspicious than everyone else. If we kill them, then we can also find out if more data, which means we can craft a better theory about what happened and who is who.

In other words, Vote: Krackenor. Now, please explain your presence at Sylandra's room to relieve our, or at least my, suspicion.
    @Rolsand
    Okay, well, there's no point to voting to end the day already when there's still plenty of time left before the deadline, and discussion is still ongoing. There's yet more info we could possibly get from the night of earthquake chaos since apparently people were made aware of the attempted actions made against them. Ending the day now doesn't help us at all.
  • unvote
  • Phoebus said:
    @Rolsand
    Okay, well, there's no point to voting to end the day already when there's still plenty of time left before the deadline, and discussion is still ongoing. There's yet more info we could possibly get from the night of earthquake chaos since apparently people were made aware of the attempted actions made against them. Ending the day now doesn't help us at all.
    We wont be able to decide on one person by the end of day.
    Rolsand said:
    Phoebus said:
    @Rolsand
    We wont be able to decide on one person by the end of day.
    I sincerely doubt that.
    @Rolsand, why do you think we can't decide on someone? We are already limiting the pool of suspects.
    Daraius said:
  • I really doubt we can decide on one target seeing how many suspects we already have.
  • And even if we do what are the chances that this one person out of 27 is actually a mafia?
  • Even if we do have proof of who they're some people will still argue and cause confusion.
    Depends. I bet you we have third party too.
    Daraius said:
    I'm not planning to vote for Othero or Krackenor. We already know Othero watched me because he saw Krackenor there. I don't know what Krackenor did, but I don't think he tried to kill me. Because my killer was roleblocked. Roleblocked actions don't show up for watchers, unless this game is going in a weird direction. Personally I'd rather lynch Kilee whose "catching Pokemon" ability seems really off to me. She can't even explain it convincingly.
    Daraius said: