the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Sure, let's do that.

On N1: I tried to preform a night Action, but was stopped by the Earthquake. I didn't have my pokemon do anything that night. I did not appear to be targeted by any person or pokemon.

Me tonight thinking of the Tremula factor, but then realizing how fun Mafia is!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    In case you thought I was joking. Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn, tell me the lesson that they should learn.

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    @Rolsand isn't necessarily a bad target, though I wouldn't pick him for the reasons Kilee mentioned. We've seen him play both as SK and town and both times he's played in ways that could be construed as anti-town. It's possible he's playing differently this time, but historically, it's hard to tell when he's play for town or against town.

Don't think everyone has gotten to catch up on the events of the day yet, though. So it's just an option to consider.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • N1: Tried using Shadow Sneak to catch more pokemon for my team, was stopped by earthquake.
    Your numbers today are:
  • @Kilee , actually, I'm pretty sure he said that you would be killed by the Mafia over your Pokemon, though it is a little hard to understand him with his fragmented posting. 

As of now, there aren't really any good choices, as everyone, so far, has been either reasonable or silent. Ideally, someone would come forth with good information, or some scum would make a mistake and gives him/herself away, Otherwise, we'd have to choose based on, in order of likeliness, a) who's most disruptive, b) who's most annoying, or c) who's silent. However, we do have another 6 days, though I for one would like to have a definite target as soon as possible.

I'll also mention that there is a very high chance that there is at least one, if not multiple, protective powers. Given that there seem to be at most 54 different abilities, not counting multiple abilities within one role, this early in the game, if you reveal yourself to have an investigative power, you will most likely be protected.
  • Oh, N1: Performed a night action, Earthquake somehow affected the high-speed train we're all riding in even though its metal, twisted my weak (but cute) ankle before I got out the door. I laid down and drank a bottle of Bulba-weiser and passed out dreaming of Bruno from the Elite Four.
  • Sylandra said:
    Lehki said:
    So whoever tried to kill Sylandra got blocked by the quake, and then somebody else used their pokemon to block Sylandra.

Aren't you popular?
    It's a blessing and a curse, bb.
    I'm pretty sure it comes from your previous mafia play styles.  :))

Annnd I had something else to say about what's we're talking about, got distracted and lost my train of thought. Huh. I'll come back to it I'm sure.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Can somebody not on mobile see who has yet to check in?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:
    In case you thought I was joking. Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn, tell me the lesson that they should learn.

More like Wheel of Mortality, amirite.
  • @Krackenor so far Dylara, Me, Cyndarin, Iosion, Rolsand, Kilee, Melali, Phoebus, Lehki, Silvanus, Sylandra, Synkarin, Thuul, Ushaara, Cen, Ileein, vivet,Allyrianne, Ssaliss and Kaimanahi have checked in
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Think we're also waiting on @Othero to explain how or why he was acting like a Snorlax?
  • In case you guys were ewonderinhg that is 21 of 27 people thus far
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    And Salome, Kalaneya(sp?) and Alary need to check in I think.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • They better check in before someone Self Destructs :P
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    N1: Tried using Shadow Sneak to catch more pokemon for my team, was stopped by earthquake.

@Kilee, explain the bolded portion. Quickly.
  • Yes please, that seems pretty suspect. Where are the pokemon coming from? Other trainers? The wild? (We can get more pokemon!?)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• @Thul she stated earlier that her pokemon's powers somehow helps her obtain more pokemon
  • @Othero, @Luce, @Portius, @Kalaneya, @Salome, @Alary have not checked in, I believe.

Though didn't Tremula say something about Salome being on holiday?
  • Dylara said:
    Yes please, that seems pretty suspect. Where are the pokemon coming from? Other trainers? The wild? (We can get more pokemon!?)
    Well it would not be a pokemon game if we could not obtain more!
  • Yeah...that's new. Good catch (ha!) @Thul.

Thankfully we're not tying Pokes to roles or that's the scummiest thing I've ever read.
  • @Lehki Tremula did say that, however I believe Salome will still be able to post from time to time.  Atleast that was my understanding
  • It allows me to move around during the night phase (Look for pokemon/pokecenter/etc)
    Your numbers today are:
  • I can only use it every X nights
    Your numbers today are:
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    What happens to the person you rob? Are they Pokemon-less?

Or do you catch Pokemon from the wild?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • That's still ridiculously vague. Where do these new pokemon come from? Isn't likely there's wild ones on the train....
  • (don't want to reveal how often I can use it so I don't get blocked every X nights)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Okay so this is based just on hunches and gut feelings, because it's only day 1 so FULL DISCLOSURE, it's just day 1 and some degree of randomness is unavoidable. So don't kill me for this.

I'm going with Melali because I have a (vague and unconfirmed) feeling she's being super pro active in order to not seem scummy. I've seen it before (@VIVET) where they are super involved and seemingly helpful in order to convince everyone they are pro town. It, incidentally, worked for Vivet. 

vote: Melali
    @LehkiPortius posted something earlier. It got lost in the sea of replies.
    Where on earth did that semicolon come from...?