the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Given how there is a week for the day period to compensate for timezones.  But Mafia would be dumb to target someone immediately who had a pokemon force revealed. Think about it.. chances are to high that some protective role will protect her. That would be a wasted Mafia kill imho.
  • There's no significant correlation between Pokemon and role that we've discovered.

We don't know if roles were attached to Pokeballs/mon, or if Pokemon were a separate selection from Tremula's assignment of roles.

That's a stretch, man.

What's your Pokemon? Maybe we could test it out? (Please have a Houdour and be mafia  O:-) )
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • @Ushaara I was not affected by the earthquake but there are possible reasons for that as well as the fact my Pokemon was not affected.  I sent in my night checkin rather late so the theory oif acting before/after the earthquake user submitted seems to be fairly debunked.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rolsand said:
    Why not? Since her Pokemon was revealed wouldn't the enemy have a good idea of what her role is and which side she's on?

Let's flip that for a second. Knowing Kilee's Pokemon now, do you have any guesses at her alignment or power that make you believe she's a threat?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • When I have played games similar to this in the past a situation like this was usually followed by a mislynch type of play. However given how power heavy this game is I am unsure how useful such a tactic would be here. Thoughts from those with more experience in power heavy games?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Oh, one other thing that I thought of while I was out and about. I never checked it with @Tremula earlier, but is it possible to do both your trainer action and a pokemon action in the same night?

I just assumed not and only used my trainer action when I sent in my trainer card, but there's pure mayhem potential if there's a possibility that people can be taking two actions each at night...
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I see absolutely no reason why it'd be logical at all to target Kilee just because we know she has a Kecleon now.

In regards to avatars and Pokemon in this game: I've been like a dozen different Pokemon on these forums, and none of them are the one I have as my partner. I wouldn't read into people's avatar choice too much. I actually tried to change back to Cool Natu just before, but I got distracted by Pingu and last minute changed course to noot noot instead.
  • My Kecleon is apparently disobedient :(

But since we might have aftershocks I'd like to use his Camouflage ability!

"Kecleon, transform Flying"
    Your numbers today are:
    Ahahaha smart, avoid earthquakes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Kilee that may have been better to do at night if yo uhad that as an option...
  • WILLING TO TRADE KECLEON FOR RATICATE THO

ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS THE GUTS ABILITY PLSPLSPLS

(I hate kecleon so much)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Is you quote there a power?
  • Makaela said:
    @Kilee that may have been better to do at night if yo uhad that as an option...
    I don't :( 
    Your numbers today are:
  • your* ugh
  • Oh I'm stupid.
  • As for Sweet Scent! I think me and othero? or what ever his name is might just be in the same car as the user? Because sweet scent works off of the area
    Your numbers today are:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Kilee said:
    My Kecleon is apparently disobedient :(

But since we might have aftershocks I'd like to use his Camouflage ability!

"Kecleon, transform Flying"

As Kilee struggles with the embarassment of a Pokemon who would escape his pokeball without being explicitly released, she attempts to save face by showing you all her willingness to cooperate. "Kecleon, transform!" she cries, and Kecleon turns towards her with an expectant stare. Of course, since he is a Kecleon he's also staring at Silvanus, but that is far from the focus as a shimmer passes across Kecleon's body. He turns translucent for a moment before changing into a sky blue colour, the frill atop his head sprouting feathers and his claws sharpening slightly into talons. Anyone could easily look at this Kecleon and tell that it is now a Flying type!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • @Kilee only your pokemon was revealed with it though. @Othero just came off the train late
  • Also what the heck Rolsand! D: I know Kecleon is a bad pokemon but it doesn't make me evil aha
    Your numbers today are:
  • Makaela said:
    @Kilee only your pokemon was revealed with it though. @Othero just came off the train late
    Not that I'm exactly hiding my pokemon :P
    Your numbers today are:
  • Oh look we woke up the Wyrd Jesus!
  • Ooh, instant Mod Gratification. Thanks, Tremula!

As for whether or not the Mafia would kill someone with a revealed ability, I would like to say that it's slightly more than random chance that she will be targeted. However, there is a much greater chance that Sylandra and Cyndarin are going to be targeted, given that they are very likely to be telling the truth about being targeted the first night. Of course, talking more and making accurate/close guesses in this game increases one's chances of being targeted by the Mafia, while talking about whom the Mafia might target makes it a game of outthinking the enemy and messes with people's minds. For example, now that I've said this, are the Mafia more or less likely to target Kilee? Now that I've said that sentence, are the Mafia more or less likely to target Kilee?

Personally, I think that all the mind games just confuses people and has them rely on their instincts, which means they go back to attacking those that threaten them. (Or do I?)

While Pokemon may be entirely independent, that doesn't mean that the Pokemon's abilities are. (I'm pretty sure that the Pokemon were randomly assigned to each Pokeball, and then we chose one.) There may be some component that a Mafia's Pokemon's ability is tailored to the Mafia, and a Town's Pokemon's ability is tailored to the Town. Note: @Cyndarin and @Sylandra , can you look over your night messages and see if it's possible that the Role Block and the Kill came from the same Trainer/Pokemon pair?

@Kilee , if it is possible, I would suggest changing your type to either Ghost or Electric. Flying have a weakness to 3 Types of Pokemon, meaning that those with those types are more likely to attack you now for experience. Ghost and Electric are weak to 2 and 1 Types, respectively. 
  • Also I guess I should talk about what I was doing last night :/

My Kecleon has the move Shadow Sneak which in a pokemon game would give me priority (lets you hit first) but in this mafia it gave me the chance to look for pokemon during the night phase but then we had a freaking earthquake and I sprained my ankle :(
    Your numbers today are:
    Mine didn't. It was two separate messages: running during quake, then Purrloin. So I think I was the target of 3 people, since message 1 mentioned two presences, one of which intended to kill me. The second message was the day block, and since I had already outrun the first two presences, I'm inclined to think this was a third.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra please don't evolve your kitty Purrloin is so cute
    Your numbers today are:
  • So whoever tried to kill Sylandra got blocked by the quake, and then somebody else used their pokemon to block Sylandra.

Aren't you popular?
    Kilee said:
    Also I guess I should talk about what I was doing last night :/

My Kecleon has the move Shadow Sneak which in a pokemon game would give me priority (lets you hit first) but in this mafia it gave me the chance to look for pokemon during the night phase but then we had a freaking earthquake and I sprained my ankle :(
    So the earthquake blocked your pokemons's power? 

• My night message made it specifically clear that it was two, not one. As in it mentioned that two attempts on me were made.

The earthquake stopped the toothbrush murderer.

The darkrai made me pass out or something. I basically saw the symbol and collapsed. I didn't move until the champion came in and got me today.

My day actions are blocked, though it's unclear if it was the darkrai or the earthquake that was the cause. 
    I don't have a Purrloin! Someone else does too and it used Fake Out on me.
    Daraius said:
  • @Kilee @Sylandra was targeted by the Purrloin... it is not hers