the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Sylandra is playing with us.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    That's what screwed over Talan in the RuPaul game. She confessed to being a target in the night and everyone wanted to lynch her forever after, particularly the scum. And when she flipped, she was town.

Think like a mafia. If you were scum, who would you want dead?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Also just a side note, @Sylandra is not the only one here with a Pokemon themed Icon.  #IconsmeanNothing!
  • Just a quick work time check-in! My evening was earthquake and visitor free so far as I could sense... I'll comment more when I get home
  • Oh, no, I find it perfectly believable that you were targets, and indeed highly likely that you are telling the truth. That doesn't preclude the possibility, though, that you are lying and scum, something people should have in mind reading every post, mine included. In Mafia, you're untrustworthy until proven otherwise.
  • @Melali Just admitted to being untrustworthy!!!  ok not serious on that point. However she is correct. Trust no one until prrof comes out to vindicate their claims
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Also a quick note to @Rolsand, all that theory crafting helped the town to win in the last game, so let's not go back down this path.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • And proving otherwise mostly involves telling the truth, using abilities and talking in a way that benefits Town consistently, and getting lots of other people to corroborate your claims. More than 6 other people in this game, since there are probably that many scum.
  • Reminder: I am a guy. Melali --> Male (li)
  • You should change your avatar to a picture of @Everiine. That'll help out.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Others may have pokemon as their play icon, but only one player has a history of changing hers to fit the current mafia game.

I didn't say she was a bad guy or we should lynch her. I just said it may be a safe bet to assume she got the jiggles for a pokemon.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Sure, trust is nonexistent in a mafia game. Just pointing out that what we claim makes sense based on what we know about the current batch of players. If I was mafia, I might want town!me dead too. And historically, claiming to be a target doesn't help you stay alive. Especially after how Ssaliss flipped in the chimaera game. So the only thing to gain from confessing to being a target is to put more information in the town's pool while gaining a lot of suspicion in the meantime. Not ideal for a mafioso! (If I flip mafia later, you can revisit this, but I won't flip mafia so that won't happen.)
    Rolsand said:
    Sylandra is playing with us.

That's what you do with games, right? Play!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    That's what screwed over Talan in the RuPaul game. She confessed to being a target in the night and everyone wanted to lynch her forever after, particularly the scum. And when she flipped, she was town.

Vigilantes, additional mafia factions, investigators and protectors. But in the absence of known targets like those, you'd probably want to axe the best players.

I haven't seen Sylandra in action, but I know Cyndarin has Transcendent bluff skills, at least. It's a reasonable assumption that (assuming two mafia factions from Tremula's fluff) one mafia side or the other would want her gone.
  • Synkarin said:
    Others may have pokemon as their play icon, but only one player has a history of changing hers to fit the current mafia game.

I didn't say she was a bad guy or we should lynch her. I just said it may be a safe bet to assume she got the jiggles for a pokemon.
    Jigglypuff is also a pretty iconic Pokemon, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is one in the game. And Jigglypuff's signature move is Sign, which puts pokemon AND people to sleep. 

Even if it's not Sylandra, maybe that's what hit Othero?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Makaela said:
    @Phoebus having never seen that episode and only have the description to go off of it seems that Malamar was simply obeying Madame X but I could be wrong.  Exceptions to the rule do not change the rule however and really I do not think anyone considers any of the new pokemon animes to really be canonical to the universe.
    As is explicitly stated if you actually read the plot synopsis of the episode, Madame X didn't actually exist; Malamar was mind controlling Officer Jenny to pretend to be her. That Malamar's evil of his own accord, no two ways about it. He even comes back in a later episode to be villainous some more, with more bad Malamar on his side. I've never heard of anyone saying the more recent seasons of the show aren't canon, except for people who can't get over the fact that the franchise kept going after they weren't young enough to be in the target audience anymore, hee hee. Anyway, I'm getting off track. I'll reactivate my pedantry suppressors before I manage to antagonize half the game.

@Portius, I also suggest you ask for clarification if there's something you're unsure of. Worst you'll get is that you're told to find out on your own, which is what you already assume you'll have to do, anyhow. Nothing to lose!
  • @Lehki I think you mean Sing?
  • oh god, how did I typo Sing to Sign. Shoot me
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    There is no fluff. There is nothing unimportant. That piece of lettuce you dropped while eating your salad last night will cause an attacker to slip in exactly 3 turns if Sun is in Antlers.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Lehki said:
    Synkarin said:

Jigglypuff is also a pretty iconic Pokemon, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is one in the game. And Jigglypuff's signature move is Sign, which puts pokemon AND people to sleep. 

Even if it's not Sylandra, maybe that's what hit Othero?

that's...a good point, actually. If Othello was hit by sing, it'd mean sylandra did NOT do it
  • @Thul, read the Los Alamos Mafia game. That's Sylandra.
  • @Phoebus my issues with the newer series is that they start to create many inconsistencies with what came before them.
    @Tremula thank you for telling the mafia when I am no longer safe by my lettuce!
    Iosion said:
    @Thul, read the Los Alamos Mafia game. That's Sylandra.

:-$
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:

A reasonably target would be Kilee.
    Why?
    Daraius said:
  • @Rolsand Why would @Kilee be a reasonable target given her Pokemon was force revealed?
  • Kilee has said exactly one thing. There is that. Then again, I don't know timezones so...
  • Why not? Since her Pokemon was revealed wouldn't the enemy have a good idea of what her role is and which side she's on?
  • Pokemon are entirely independent of role according to @Tremula
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Haha. On the one hand, all mafia games should have this number of players. Loads of activity! On the other, I'm struggling to keep up..

But I think what Melali started with his earlier list thing is good, so is there anyone yet to say specifically whether they were or weren't affected by the Earthquake?

Also confused a bit by the mentions of whether or not the Pumpkaboo, Darkrai, etc. other were blocks or not? Other players having the same effect directly from the Earthquake only?