the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• Buy Revive.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    As several of you browse through and make your purchases, returning the depleted cards to Alec as he chats to the girl behind the counter in the fiery foreign language, a PA system announces in a variety of languages that the store will be closing in approximately one hour. Glancing at some of those that haven't moved, Alec makes a sweeping gesture to the boxes and slides his own card onto the glass. The girl's eyes widen and she babbles to her help who separate certain items into a box of their own. A large man with swirling tattoos up and down his arm bows respectfully to the Champion, taking the heavy box under his arm as if it weighed nothing and going to stand outside.

"We're nearly done here, all, and then you can start using your new things, if you'd like." He smiles an easy smile and returns to his conversation, letting you all return to your various inspections.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Use Thunderstone on Pikachu

You all already know what I have...it's really no secret what I was going to do with a thunderstone :D
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Way to go buddy. Ash should've done that ages ago.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Also have we had an updated vote count? I lost track a bit ago of what's what.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    My most recent vote count:

Vote Count -

Lehki: 1 (Ssaliss)
    Salome: 7 (Silvanus, Dylara, Cen, Kalaneya, Allyrianne, Sylandra, Krackenor)

With 19 trainers on the journey, it's 10 to lynch.

• I think we're at 7 votes for Salome. If she isn't lynched by the time I get back from work, I'll add my vote to that list.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Since it looks like we're mostly done shopping:

Vote Salome
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Vote: Salome
  • Has @Salome actually had anything to say about herself? I know she's been really, suspiciously, maybe even unforgivably quiet all game, but I'd kind of expect some sort of response going into a lynch.

Still think the lynch immune on Lehki is a bluff.
  • Yeah; let's hold off on offing Salome for a few hours at least, both to give her a chance to respond (although truth be told, I'm surprised she hasn't by now) and to let people play with their evolution stones.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Ahhhh 3 minutes (Barack was talking for so long)... Buy revive
    You know, Ushaara stopped responding when we all decided to lynch him, too. Maybe I should fire up a paranoid conspiracy theory about voice-stealers in his memory.

Personally, I feel like if Salome was going to respond, she would have done so by now. We waited a long time for the store to open, and there was plenty of time for her to post then. Waiting a few more hours doesn't do anything positive for us. Just lynch her and be done with it.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    And yeah, I'll throw in my Vote Salome already.
  • Well, there's lynch.
  • ...Soooo I missed out? Too late to buy a Revive?
    As you all take your leave to exit the store (Alec grabbing an extra Revive and tossing it towards Cen at the last second with a soft smile on his face), you are surprised to see a small group of officers surrounding the storefront in a semicircle, each identical to the last.

"Officers," Alec says, stepping forward, "I trust you retrieved the criminal from the CCL: Expedition?"

"Yes, sir! We also received the message you sent us regarding a second offender?"

Alec turns around and grabs Salome by the shoulder, the girl flinching visibly at his approach and wincing further as he steers her to stand before the first Jenny. "This is a suspected accessory to the other's crimes. I'd like you to run a full background check and process her, please."

Jenny nods and in a fluid movement takes custody of Salome and handcuffs her, the girl tearing up but still refusing to speak. "If she's innocent," Alec says as he turns away, "Please contact me so I can arrange transport for her home."

"And if she's not, sir?" Jenny asks.

"I don't care." Alec says coldly, cutting through the semicircle of police with an air of authority so severe it is nearly palpable. The man with the box hurries behind him, and the rest of you are quick to follow as the Jennys begin to eye you suspiciously.

As you arrive in the centralmost park of the city, Alec turns to you and says, "Meet at the train at sundown, if you're late you're left. We should only have two nights left on the CCL: Expedition before we get onto the CCS: Expedition, so I've to go and make preparations," He smiles and waves good-bye, striding off towards the train with the helper from the store struggling to keep up with his long strides.

Some of you head to a nearby internet cafe to catch up on the latest celebrity going ons and play computer games, Sylandra quipping how great this experience would be as a playable game. Others stay in the park and play with their Pokemon, of which Krackenor is one. He presses his thunderstone gently to his Pikachu's head, looking him in the eyes in such a manner that you can really sense the bond that has grown between them. The stone absorbs into Pikachu's skin, and he begins to glow with a brilliant light, morphing and stretching until Raichu lets out an ecstatic cry and embraces his trainer around the waist.

As the day drags on you relish in the feeling of normality, talking with others on the street and using your own money to make small purchases of iced coffee or sandwiches. It's hard to believe that just yesterday Cen was almost killed by a Zoroark with something to prove, and that if it weren't for Ssaliss' Solrock using his eldritch time magicks to bring today about faster, you might have lost one of the few friends you made on this journey.

The sun begins to kiss the skyline, and one-by-one you begin to make your way back towards the train, gathering in the dining car (thanks to a prodding on each of your Pokegears as you get into range of the train) where Alec is waiting to address you.

"After a little bit of pressure, Salome cracked and spilled most everything. She wouldn't say a word about Lehki, so I can't offer you any more progress on whether he's an idiot or a sadistic maniac, but I can offer you that Salome was a mafioso grunt, and won when Solgaleo's reign was assured."

You all return to your cabins after having a nice meal of seafood stew with the Champion, who is content to take his food with you and sits at each table at least once, though he lingers near Thul and his voice is much less boisterous and the latter does most of the talking.

It is now Night 5 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

You have 48 hours to send in your Night Actions.

• I feel like they should of arrested Alec considering he murdered people. Pokelaw is confusing.
    It's like real life. If you're rich, important, powerful, or pretty then you get away with things. If you're all four they call you King and let you do whatever you want.

By the way all, to include your Trainer Cards, use the following code (thankfully provided by @Ssaliss)

< img src="https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cd/1b/12/cd1b12a36b861c2a8dfe625bd0ce62ae.jpg" / >

Simply take out the spaces between the greater than/lesser than signs and img and /, and put the link where you see his. Good luck!

As the train pulls up to the coat, it bends to run parallel to the water, stopping at a small collection of beach shacks. The sun shines bright and the doors open to allow you all out, your eyes drawn to Othero and Phoebus as they exit simultaneously and remain together long after everyone else has gathered and begun mingling.

Alec emerges from the Expedition in a sleeveless white shirt and long board shorts of the same colour, smiling widely at everyone. "Well, it looks like everyone's here!" He runs a hand through his hair, hope in his eyes as he says, "It could be that the journey's gonna be quiet from here on out! Let's think of today as a reward, then, for getting back on track and arresting two bad guys!"

Without another word, he and Shaymin make for the crystal-clear water visible at the nearby beach, dashing across fine-grain sand and leaping into the water. You all look at each other with suspicion in your eyes, though. Lehki is still here, after all, and what about Vivet? No, something doesn't add up...

It is now Day 5 of the CCL: Expedition's journey! 

It will last approximately 7 days.

With 18 trainers alive, it's 10 to lynch!

A Haunter gave me a plush doll of Portius. Did not sense any malice from the doll so it's now my latest piece of home decor. What happened to the rest of y'all?
    Daraius said:
  • I learned absolutely nothing of interest last night, which I suppose is a piece of knowledge all its own!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I'm pretty sure that I got blocked by a mafia. Specifically, I went out to kill Lehki, forgot what I was going to do, and therefore did nothing. I did not get the name of the blocker like I did last time I got blocked, which is why I'm assuming it was a mafia.

I may have said some very vulgar things at my computer in response to this.

I guess we lynch Lehki today and hope that his alleged immunity was a bluff? I think we have to assume that I'm useless as long as there's a clear vigilante target at night until we deal with their blocking.

The Portius doll is my doing. I feel secure in claiming that since you all already saw my Gastly. Which is a Haunter now, if you didn't draw that conclusion already. I can claim the full power if you're suspicious, Sylandra, but otherwise I don't see much reason to advertise.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
    I'm fine, got nothing to hide. And had a decidedly non-malicious aura so hey, toys, fun. If you think it assists town to publicly know what the doll does @Portius feel free to share but otherwise I trust your discretion.

@Othero did you watch Portius I oh so desperately hope? And was there a reason you and @Phoebus were lingering or was it just rp fluff?
    Daraius said:
  • Portius said:

I'm pretty sure that I got blocked by a mafia. Specifically, I went out to kill Lehki, forgot what I was going to do, and therefore did nothing. I did not get the name of the blocker like I did last time I got blocked, which is why I'm assuming it was a mafia.

I may have said some very vulgar things at my computer in response to this.

I'm a slippery fella. ;p
    @Sylandra
    There is indeed a reason we lingered together! It seems Luce has succeeded in matching Othero and I as a happy couple, and we did kisses in the night. Feel free to update your log of train gossip accordingly.