Pokemon Go!

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Ssaliss said:
    So. My old phone had Android 4.1, so it was too old to install Pokemon Go. It has also been flagging a lot lately, and had serious problems getting a stable connection after I moved to my new apartment. Behold, my new Android 6.0 phone. Which, apparently, is also not compatible with Pokemon Go :( WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY THIS?
    Here's the requirements list, maybe it'll help you figure out where your problem is.
  • Don't think so.HiSilicon Kirin 650?
  • I have it now (it still isn't officially release btw), but I do have it. I haven't done much with it because I only downloaded it last night but I saw several gyms and pokestops near me so I'm looking forward to exploring. :) (One is right near an elementary school, thank god it's summer time and the kids are out for the summer)

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Ah, right... It might not be available in Sweden yet? Although I could've sworn I saw one of my coworkers with it... either that, or he was watching a video of it.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Ah, right... It might not be available in Sweden yet? Although I could've sworn I saw one of my coworkers with it... either that, or he was watching a video of it.
    He could have done what others have done in countries it isn't released in. 

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ... I have not stopped. Can't stop. Except when the good ol' "SERVERS DOWN LOL" comes up. There are 4 gyms and 8 pokestops around my work, I get 45 minute breaks. *heavy breathing*

I am impressed, though, that someone apparently managed to tag the White House gym... with a Pidgeout named Merica.

Also, go Team Mystic!

• Mine's borked. D: My avatar moves around the map but it's a barren wasteland--no pokemon, nothing to interact with, empty. Even the 'nearby' radar thing is blank. Does anyone know how it can be fixed?
  • Cen said:
    Mine's borked. D: My avatar moves around the map but it's a barren wasteland--no pokemon, nothing to interact with, empty. Even the 'nearby' radar thing is blank. Does anyone know how it can be fixed?

Android or iHell? I had the GPS settings shut off on my Android when I first downloaded it and was wondering why I couldn't find anything, but as soon as I turned the Location settings on in general I started having more luck.

• Android. It's weird because it was working fine and I caught some stuff just earlier today. I'm not sure why the location settings would randomly revert... But I'll check it out and see if anything's changed. Thanks. :)
  • How are all of you catching things in your home?? I have to hike to find anything :(
  • Krackenor said:
    How are all of you catching things in your home?? I have to hike to find anything :(
    I bought incense. If you are an Android user, Google Rewards is a wonderful app that gives you free money if you're willing to do the surveys as they pop up >>

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I find it kinda dumb that every guy needs his own specific candy to power up. Why aren't they like type-based candies or something with broader use?
    Cen said:
    Mine's borked. D: My avatar moves around the map but it's a barren wasteland--no pokemon, nothing to interact with, empty. Even the 'nearby' radar thing is blank. Does anyone know how it can be fixed?

Shutting down and restarting the app usually works for me when that happens.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I find it kinda dumb that every guy needs his own specific candy to power up. Why aren't they like type-based candies or something with broader use?
    It is how they keep you playing and keep you out and about. If it was by type it would be to easy to power up the ones you want. With that in mind the evolved forms use the same candy as the unevolved forms. Also you can transfer the weaker duplicates to the professor (wont ever get it back) for a candy of that type.

Kaimanahi said:
    Just caught a cp 400 pinsir. What is life. Also I swear half the people in this park are playing. This is great.
    My work... The team that controls both gyms that are part of my work... they swap betewen red, yellow and blue at least 8 times a day
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Kaimanahi I went around for a walk with my friends in Town Centre last night, and my friend let me catch Pokemon for him a la @Phoebus since I can't do it myself. I caught him a 540 Tauros and he lost his mind.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • the highest CP I found was a 287 sandslash... I hate you alll!!! Hate you all *continue echo*
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I haven't really been able to play since I've worked all weekend, so I look at the overpowered monsters at my local gyms in despair. But my neighborhood is right next to an enormous park that's loaded with pokestops so I'm going to see if I can make any headway tomorrow. Maybe there's some fun to be had with this game. :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Meanwhile I caught a 47 CP Pidgey and was pretty proud of myself...
  • Boyfriend and I took over two gyms in my area, we sat down for a moment since we walked almost 9km total to various pokestops....a group of 8 guys in their early 20's come around the bend.
    Team Valor was encroaching on my territory, we had a battle royale...was awesome.

Team Instinct 4 Life
  • 253 Tauros last night. Went out for a "short" walk with a friend that turned into a 7km hike around to hit all of the pokestops.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Saw so many pokestops on my way home from work, but they were just out of reach from  the bus, alas. I did however catch 12 pokemon on my way home!

• Phoebus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    So. My old phone had Android 4.1, so it was too old to install Pokemon Go. It has also been flagging a lot lately, and had serious problems getting a stable connection after I moved to my new apartment. Behold, my new Android 6.0 phone. Which, apparently, is also not compatible with Pokemon Go :( WHAT DO I NEED TO PLAY THIS?
    Here's the requirements list, maybe it'll help you figure out where your problem is.
    According to this, my phone meets all the requirements but it still says that it's not compatible when I try to download it. Weird.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    My wife is excited. She caught a Growlith and a Pikachu on the same day. Whuppin' Ash Ketchum.

both on the toilet
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Visiting a friend for the weekend. Turns out they live near 3 gyms and 7 pokestops in their apartment complex alone. We basically lost our minds. (Geez - I have to drive to get anywhere back home!)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I turned all my location settings off and on again, and that fixed the problem! Thank you, @Rheatsis! <3

I just caught an 'extra large' Abra on my way to get a coffee... No idea what size does for me, but this guy is big.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    edited July 2016
    Cen said:
    I turned all my location settings off and on again, and that fixed the problem! Thank you, @Rheatsis! <3

I just caught an 'extra large' Abra on my way to get a coffee... No idea what size does for me, but this guy is big.
    I don't know if size is anything but just a fun little extra to make each individual Pokemon more unique, but when my sister and I were looking at the Pokemon I've caught for her, we noticed that every single one has been XL. The ones she's caught come in various sizes, but apparently I attract supersize Pokemon, because all of them that I'm responsible for are large and in charge. And I've caught over a dozen of the things! The idea of a really fat Mankey made me laugh pretty hard. Just even more of a puffball with hands and feet and a pignose.  ;)
  • So because I am in Canada I had to download the apk file to play. Turned it on and there was a charmander sitting in my living room. Since then have not seen a single pokemon. Might help if I went outside though, but it is downpouring.
  • edited July 2016
    I've got a chamander, drowsee, ratta and a weedle.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Weep, back home with no sweet Pokestops and Gyms nearby. I'm contemplating a walk in the park or something, haha. This game I tell you.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."