Pokemon Go!

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    You only ever want Vaporeon in this game. For some reason it's like a god pokemon and the others are just average.
    It's extremely strong and fairly simple to get/power up. I think everything else even remotely close to it in power is super rare, but Eevees are everywhere.
  • Where is this Eevee spring? I'm sitting at 21 candies and it's driving me nuts.
  • Krackenor said:
    Where is this Eevee spring? I'm sitting at 21 candies and it's driving me nuts.

I've run into a grand total of two I think? Everyone's out levelling their eevee and I'm here catching drowsee.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• CenCen
    edited July 2016
    Ssaliss said:
    So. My mother saw my brother and me play Pokemon Go a Little bit, and thought it looked fun. She's now installing it. She's 65, and she's not exactly what you'd call proficient in English.

Awesome.

My 64-year-old mum just installed it today. Her favourite is Weedle "because of his little nose and feet."

ETA: now she's talking about taking her dog for more walks so she can catch them all.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ok I have found so many Magnemites it's not even funny. (Also if I keep bumping into Vulpixes, MAYBE NINETALES?!? Also finding a decent amount of Ponyta.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'm finding it hard to stay at home. I'm sitting here thinking, "Surely I wouldn't be the only pyjama-clad weirdo wandering around [Sodosopa] at 2:00 a.m. looking for pokemon."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Finally got a new phone and started catching pokemon!

I saw a Pidgeot but it got away. D:

There's a gym a block from my house and I swear I will dominate that thing.
  • I tried going to the nearest pokemon stop and it wouldn't load. Tips?
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Try again later :P

Honestly, it happens sometimes where the app weirdly freezes or certain stops or gyms don't pop up. Just leave it and come back in a few minutes.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Today was a bad day apparently.

Sometimes if I get it to load, I never close it. I'm really only level 10, I just don't have the time to go out towards the pokestops. To be fair, most of the pokestops are the bars near me, which is a bit weird.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • So. Pokemon Go was released in Sweden during last weekend. Today, it was banned from my workplace because some nincompoops had the thought "Oh, yeah, I see a pokemon in an aisle that is reserved for 20-ton forklifts without any kind of visibility of the ground they run on. Let's go in and catch it!".

Sometimes, I think that those kind of people should just be allowed to remove themselves from the gene-pool without any interference.
  • So, Pokévision is a thing https://pokevision.com/, updates some spawns in real time.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • edited July 2016
    I realized I've driven about 120 miles more this week than I usually do scouting around for good spots, so I'm resigning myself to stick around my neighborhood at least until the weekend. Hohum. Watch out, rattatas.

Edit: Or I could hatch a 560CP Electabuzz. There's also that. :D
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • @Talan

Sounds like you were training at a gym that belongs to your team, viz, when you fight a gym that already belongs to your team, you increase the Prestige of the gym, which goes up a level every ~4000 Prestige (each level adds a spot for a new trainer!)

When you fight a gym that an opposing team's, you bring 6 pokemon with you, and while it's pretty fultile to take a gym by yourself (because then you'll be the only one holding it), it's not all in vain! When you're defending or leading a gym, go to the Shop and click the shield icon in the upper right hand corner. You get an amount stardust and coins (once daily) that is (I think) proportionate to the gyms you're in!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Nah, it was an enemy gym. I just don't really understand how it's supposed to work. Apparently you're supposed to just tap the screen (tap the enemy? Tap your guy? Tap anywhere? IDK) and then when your special move is powered up you tap and hold. (where?)

I did try battling a my-team gym as well. I defeated one guy, but got wiped out. I don't think that helps anybody.

I'm sure I'll catch on eventually. Meanwhile, my fitbit keeps sending me love letters so all's well.

Everybody else still playing, or did the charm wear off?
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:

Nah, it was an enemy gym. I just don't really understand how it's supposed to work. Apparently you're supposed to just tap the screen (tap the enemy? Tap your guy? Tap anywhere? IDK) and then when your special move is powered up you tap and hold. (where?)

I did try battling a my-team gym as well. I defeated one guy, but got wiped out. I don't think that helps anybody.

I'm sure I'll catch on eventually. Meanwhile, my fitbit keeps sending me love letters so all's well.

Everybody else still playing, or did the charm wear off?

I don't believe it matters where you tap. or you could just tap your guy to attack to be safe? swipe in a direction to dodge in that direction (specials can't be dodged). You can long press (tap and hold until the bar under the special bar fills) for the special (assuming your special is full and able to be used, it is the part in the left corner).

battling at your teams gym does give it points towards its level regardless of how well you do (as long as you defeat at least one pokemon, I believe?).

As for the charm...I have been rather casually playing here and there. In its current state (just catching pokemon and not actually forming bonds but giving what you catch away to turn into candy for better pokemon you find), it is not really something I think is that great. I think the game is a bit too bare and maybe should have waited to be released until there is more things to do. I think once there is more to do in the game, the fun might go up for me.

Perhaps it is because of the crazy, but I also feel the game doesn't really support the casual player who doesn't/hasn't power leveled at this point, being half the game right now is gyms.

(Random side note - PGO has had me look at Niantic's other game, Ingress which is a capture the flag type game, that I have enjoyed much more than PGO. But it is a game that has been out since 2012, so as expected it is a bit more fleshed out. Also, has a shameless self promo, if anyone was looking to look at Ingress, I can send you an invite to the game (which gives me points towards an achievement if you get to level 3 in the game....))
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    My friend's sister names all her Pokemon after food. I asked why, and the sister said it's because she's Asian, and the friend said it's because she was in culinary school. I AM CONFLICTED.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I still completely love the game, but have found myself wishing for more, too. I don't fully understand the reasoning behind using candies to level up instead of battling--I guess battling has the potential to scare off the more casual audience?

But yes, feeling the bareness. I want to be able to battle and trade with strangers.

Also I will totally take an invite to Ingress! I'll pm you my email, Ayisdra. :)
  • I still like the game but I'm a casual player of it so therefore no where near gym ready. I also haven't had time to go for a real walk around, I have been working a lot and it's been extremely hot every day. The immediate area I live in is fairly empty , and walking far is painful due to a foot injury that's taking its sweet time to heal because I stand on my feet all day.

If the game had other things to do I'm sure I'd play more. I might check out ingress.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• I was at this nearby park by the shore, and there was a Team Mystic gym with an open spot for me to add a pokemon, but it was out on this tiny island just off the shore. I'm not sure if people took a boat to get closer if it's accessible at low tide, but I just couldn't quite reach it, even standing at the very edge of the water and leaning as far as I could without falling. D:
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    I really wish they would fix the three step bug. I just saw a Snorlax in the neighborhood, frantically searched for it, and summarily watched it despawn off the radar. T_T

I've also lost a bit of the magic. I was hoping that I'd be able to directly battle with friends or have something else to keep it engaging, but I have faith that they'll add new content to keep it going.
  • Kaimanahi said:

I really wish they would fix the three step bug. I just saw a Snorlax in the neighborhood, frantically searched for it, and summarily watched it despawn off the radar. T_T

I've also lost a bit of the magic. I was hoping that I'd be able to directly battle with friends or have something else to keep it engaging, but I have faith that they'll add new content to keep it going.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the magic was lost because it's been so fricking hot this past week
  • Krackenor said:

Kaimanahi said:

To be fair, I'm pretty sure the magic was lost because it's been so fricking hot this past week
    So hot, so awful. *hides in front of the AC*

• KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Krackenor said:

Yeah, this is actually really true too. :(