Pokemon Go!

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Tremula said:
    Me: *opens thread for everyone to start the mafia day*
    Also Me: Immediately gets dressed and leaves the house to ignore them and play Pokemon.
    (In your haste, you forgot to change the mafia thread title!)
  • Enjoy reading 154 pages when you get back
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Enjoy reading 154 pages when you get back

WTF
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I've totally mastered curveballing. 10 extra xp didn't feel like much at first, but it adds up!

For anyone unaware, you throw a curveball by tapping, holding, and drawing a circle with your pokeball. You'll see it start to spin. It only takes a second to wind up and it's not too hard to pull off.

In other news, I have had a 21 CP Magikarp sitting atop a gym for the last few days. I took it over while stopping for lunch in a tiny-butt town in the middle of nowhere. Winning.
  • Cen said:
    I've totally mastered curveballing. 10 extra xp didn't feel like much at first, but it adds up!

For anyone unaware, you throw a curveball by tapping, holding, and drawing a circle with your pokeball. You'll see it start to spin. It only takes a second to wind up and it's not too hard to pull off.

In other news, I have had a 21 CP Magikarp sitting atop a gym for the last few days. I took it over while stopping for lunch in a tiny-butt town in the middle of nowhere. Winning.
    Remember to go into the shop tab and tap the shield in the top right in order to get your rewards for having a pokemon in a gym.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There's... 3 gyms and about 7 Pokestops on our usual puppy walking route, so I get to hit a lot when we go out! Considering that the bulk of my town is a half-mile across, I call that a win.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Well. By the time I got to my local beach, there was a server outage and now I cannot log in at all. Also, it has occurred to me that there usually isn't cell service in the wilderness, which dashes a few of my hopes.

:/ No floppy goldfish today.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • So. My mother saw my brother and me play Pokemon Go a Little bit, and thought it looked fun. She's now installing it. She's 65, and she's not exactly what you'd call proficient in English.

Awesome.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    No joke, three people in the last twenty minutes have driven slowly by my house, parked briefly across the street, and then driven slowly away. Either I'm going to be robbed tonight or there's an eevee colony on my turf.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • So, I go out to the near by city/university to get pokemon because I'm only level 6. Turns out 80% of the time the servers crash/freeze on me and I get barely any experience/walking time. On the bright side, I did manage to get the Jynx and omanyte between freezes, so that is something I guess.
  • I'm going to be in the CBD all day today and the servers are DOWN. ;_; I can't stop thinking about all the pokéstops I'm missing.
  • Pokemon go is finally out for Canada.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I finally found a pikachu today and it ran away before I could catch it ;_;

• The nearby feature is currently broken across the board, from what I've heard.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • While the feet may be broken, you can still check how close you are based on its position in the 'nearby' chart. The closer it is to the upper left, the closer you are to it
  • Gyms are so broken. There's a 500 CP Pidgeot next to my apartment that has had the same gym for a week and I can't do anything about it :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Y'all I don't understand gyms, I'm out of Pokeballs, "Revive" is not working, and this Pinsir is mocking me. :( I need a Brock or Misty to guide me in my journey, yo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Tridemon said:
    The nearby feature is currently broken across the board, from what I've heard.
    I wish I knew this yesterday, before I spent so long trying to track down an Ivysaur. Then my game crashed and it was totally gone. :(
  • edited July 2016
    Finally got to evolve my first eeveelution! That naming trick to get the type you want really works :3

Name your eevee to be evolved after one of the Eevee brothers:
    Rainer=Vaporeon
    Sparky=Jolteon
    Pyro=Flareon

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • You only ever want Vaporeon in this game. For some reason it's like a god pokemon and the others are just average.