Goldflation III

Comments

• Considering I could either get one hour of 1/6 vital buffs for 75 goop or 12 hours of 3/13 vital buffs for 375 goop in your example, Shaddus, I'm not sure I like those numbers. Perhaps just altering the Goldentonic to use 50 or 75 goop, and keep the rest of the recipes as they were before?
  • Breandryn said:
    Why can't candies be sold? I'd have happily bought some of the hundreds you all have, but I never saw any for sale.
    There used to be plenty of adverts from people selling them (see ADS in-game), but no one was buying, even at 1 credit per, which is not unreasonable to ask.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Why don't we just remove fruitpizzazz's and goldentonics from the game? 

Leave waxlips but potentially make them stackable to 100% exp gain?

That removes 1) the inconsistencies in quality and 2) the ability to stack them.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Estarra said:
    For reasons I don't want to go into, each potion or candy can only have one commodity.

BTW, I had a brainstorm regarding candies. The costs can be per dose but during crafting you can specify how many doses per candy (up to a max of 100 doses). Thus, rather than lots of packs of candy, you can carry just one large pack of candy. Further, you can combine candies of the same type into one pack (max 100 doses).
    definitely like the combining idea.  Better  than having to sift through 100+ lines of items that all match the 'candy' verb.
    +1 to combining of candies. I'm down for that entirely

What about removing of fruitpizzazz and goldentonics so there isn't the same overlap?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can we break candies too, or specify how many are transferred with the CANDY command?
  • Can add splitting candy into 2 packs.
  • Right. I'll just make my own suggestions for the candy and drinks then.

Since we can have candies made one per dose, I'll divide things into small, medium and large buffs for goop and gold cost:

Small buff:
    • Fruitpizzazz - 1/6 health buff (60 minutes)  current costs: 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 fruit
    • Mint - Influence damage bonus (60 minutes) current costs 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 sage
    • Gumball - Chance of sheld vs. denizens (60 minutes) current costs 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 rosehips (can't think of any resin-like herbs)
    • Fireball - Chance of firebreath vs. denizens (60 minutes) current costs 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 spices
    • Rockcandy - Moderate rooting bonus (60 minutes) current costs 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 sugar
    • Waxlips - 25% xp buff (60 minutes)  current costs 20 goop, 1000 gold, 20 vegetables
    Medium buff:
    • Kiwipunch - Increases critical hits (60 minutes) current costs: 40 goop, 5000 gold, 50 fruit
    • Argleblaster - 2/10 universal buff (60 minutes)  current costs: 40 goop, 5000 gold, 50 fruit
    • Redlollipop - 5/5 balance buff (1 minute)  current costs 40 goop, 5000 gold, 50 sugar
    • Bluelollipop - 5/5 equil buff (1 minute)  current costs 40 goop, 5000 gold, 50 sugar
    Large buff:
    • Goldentonic - Double xp gain (60 minutes)  current costs: 60 goop, 10000 gold, 100 fruit
    • Licorice - 3/13 health buff (60 minutes) current costs 60 goop, 10000 gold, 100 spices
    • Jellybaby - 3/13 mana buff (60 minutes  current costs 60 goop, 10000 gold, 100 sugar
    • Creamchew - 3/13 ego buff (60 minutes) current costs 60 goop, 10000 gold,100 milk
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I'm going to go with Kira's suggestions unless anyone else speaks up!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Did we ever confirm if fruitpizzazz was all vitals or just health? That might shift it up to a medium.

For a resin-like herb, whatever makes dragonsblood is bound to produce resin, since dragonsblood is a powdered resin (and one source of the cinnabar tint, actually), and I still like fish for a wax source, but am not going to get too upset either way.
  • Yes. Fruitpizzazz is 1/6th of a health blessing. No other vitals. It was the old (G)argleblaster that boosted ego and mana by way of boosting charisma and intelligence.

Also, Dragonsblood is made from spices, but I already had spices elsewhere so I didn't want more of em. Spices honestly really work for anything though.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    edited August 2016
    Can we bump the lollipops to the large buff category. They certainly are that. Up them to 60 goop, 10000 gold and 100 sugar each

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    No offense meant, but 100 sugar or spice per candy is absolutely ridiculous when you take into account that the ONLY avenues for gaining them are failed alchemisations and from presents/the wheel.  At least the other commodities (sage/rosehips/milk/vegetables) are readily available (and in ridiculous quantities, taking into account that most cities/communes have in excess of 50,000 of them stockpiled)
  • Aethergoop is live!!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Unable to withstand more punishment, a huge forest wraith collapses and dies.
    You have slain a huge forest wraith.
    You collect 5 aethergoop!
    A huge divine cookie tumbles out of the corpse of a huge forest wraith.

Yay, I'm on my way to artifact heaven!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I don't mind adjusting commodity amounts. Let's give it 24 hours and then make specific suggestions.
  • This is well thought out and works on multiple levels, stopping bloat, draining comms (even some of the dross - I can see alchemists will be mixing salt/sulfur just for sugar if @Sakaki is right about its scarcity), and replacing a existing freebies with player-made items.

This is definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks!

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Salt and sulfur are also a result of failed professions (jewellery, I forgot that sulfur came from there too) so maybe not magic salt so much. Quite frankly, I may try to find a partner-in-crime willing to grab up herbs/comms to mix bromides to sell and sugar to keep, if I can get my paws on a shop in which to offer them. It's becoming tempting though...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Momma Esty, could you look into adding ways to gain Aethergoop to HELP AETHERGOOP? Maybe even about caps/limits, and how much certain actions may net you, like urtraps?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Sakaki said:
    Breandryn said:
    Why can't candies be sold? I'd have happily bought some of the hundreds you all have, but I never saw any for sale.
    There used to be plenty of adverts from people selling them (see ADS in-game), but no one was buying, even at 1 credit per, which is not unreasonable to ask.
    I'll buy them! I bet with the influx of MKO people, the demand has risen.
  • Going through the presents, the goop amounts might need a bit of tweaking, they are substantially lower than the other rewards at lower tiers.

Standard presents give 50-100 goop: Value: 2.5-5 credits.  Other possible prizes: average 15 credits/dingbats.
    Superior presents give  200-500 goop: Value: 10-25 credits.  In comparison, other possible prizes are worth 25-75 credits.
    Exceptional presents give 1000-3000 goop: Value: 50-150 credits.  In comparison, other prices are worth 150+ credits.

While I don't think it is necessarily require to have the goop outright match the current gift pool, the amounts could use some tweaking, possibly as follows:

Standard: 150-250 goop?
    Superior: 1000-1300 goop?
    Exceptional: 2500-3500 goop?

These numbers are still at the lower end of the scale, but make them feel more comparable to existing presents - with the current values, they could be perceived as an overall nerf to presents that are sub-ultimate.
  • I may have missed it in the three threads that have come with the Goldflation issue, but what is the overall end goal of addressing the problem? Is it to make gold more valuable in relation to credits, so as to lower the overall price of the latter (and thus make it more accessible for newer players)? 

I see that, across IRE, gold production is being addressed by the admins. Achaea has put in brakes on its credit market and has also implemented diminishing returns on gold production. Imperian is selling items that have temporary buffs for gold (artifacts-for-rent, in essence). The player bases, however, seem to have different ideas on why the problem needs to be addressed, and thus there are different solutions to address it. I wonder what Lusternia looks to solve exactly.

See you in Sapience.
  • edited August 2016
    Okay, just to clarify- Is it just the gold and commodity production on the genies and maps that have been replaced with goop, and you can still get tonics/presents/coins/lips from the genies and coins from the maps?

Well, seeing as I just got a coin from my map, that answers that.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Twytch said:
    I may have missed it in the three threads that have come with the Goldflation issue, but what is the overall end goal of addressing the problem? Is it to make gold more valuable in relation to credits, so as to lower the overall price of the latter (and thus make it more accessible for newer players)? 

I see that, across IRE, gold production is being addressed by the admins. Achaea has put in brakes on its credit market and has also implemented diminishing returns on gold production. Imperian is selling items that have temporary buffs for gold (artifacts-for-rent, in essence). The player bases, however, seem to have different ideas on why the problem needs to be addressed, and thus there are different solutions to address it. I wonder what Lusternia looks to solve exactly.

Lack of things to spend gold on and a glut of commodities that makes scarcity nonexistent.
  • Sakaki said:
    No offense meant, but 100 sugar or spice per candy is absolutely ridiculous when you take into account that the ONLY avenues for gaining them are failed alchemisations and from presents/the wheel.  At least the other commodities (sage/rosehips/milk/vegetables) are readily available (and in ridiculous quantities, taking into account that most cities/communes have in excess of 50,000 of them stockpiled)
    Eh... Spices are (or at least were) completely worthless before this change. I'm currently sitting on a stash of 135k spices that I've just dumped and forgotten. Quite frankly, there will likely never be a shortage of spices, since they come up while harvesting all the time, and you get 1-10 spices every time it pops up. Sugar might become a little more scarce, although at a cap of 50 aethergoop per day per person, I can't really say I think there'll be a massive amount of candies produced.
  • edited August 2016
    Ssaliss said:
    Sakaki said:
    Eh... Spices are (or at least were) completely worthless before this change. I'm currently sitting on a stash of 135k spices that I've just dumped and forgotten. Quite frankly, there will likely never be a shortage of spices, since they come up while harvesting all the time, and you get 1-10 spices every time it pops up. Sugar might become a little more scarce, although at a cap of 50 aethergoop per day per person, I can't really say I think there'll be a massive amount of candies produced.
    The cap only applies to genies/maps/Ur'traps.  You can still get substantial goop from wheel spins or presents. I saw someone get almost 4,000 goop just from 5 presents.  Granted you won't see as frequent influxes, but you will start seeing spikes each time a present-related or coin-related promo pops up.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Estarra said:
    • Wheel Spins: high chance to give out aethergoop, averaging 50-150 goop (though chance to get much more)
    • Presents: mostly gives out aethergoop (70% standard presents, 10-30 aethergoop; 60% superior presents, 50-150 aethergoop; 50% exceptional, 300-400 aethergoop; 25% ultimate, 600-1000 aethergoop)
    • Genies and maps: 3-5 goop, throttles at 50 goop per game month (though even if throttled, will give out 1 goop)
    • Aetherspace Commerce?? 1-5 aethergoop? counts towards throttle, then gives out 1 goop
    • ur'Traps: 1-3 aethergoop?? counts towards throttle, then gives out 1 goop
    Emphasis not mine.
  • Oh, right, I forgot about presents (although I think they'll be less popular with this change, considering the rather severe nerf in value). Still, we're looking at the equivalent of ten credits for the expensive candies, and four for even the small ones, so I'm far from convinced that candies will be a big item.
  • four credits for the small ones?  They only require 1 credit worth of goop plus 1000 gold (plus the commodities)
This discussion has been closed.