Goldflation III

Comments

• The list above says 20 goop per small candy, so that's the figure I used. The potions cost 20 goop, so they haven't changed. I'm not a cook at the moment, so I can't see those lists, but if it's different from the list above, this would be the first I've heard of it.
  • edited August 2016
    Type         Effect                            Time    Commodities   Goop  Gold <br>
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
    Mint         Influence damage bonus            60 min  sage 20         20  1000<br>
    Gumball      Chance of sheld vs. denizens      60 min  rosehips 20     20  1000<br>
    Fireball     Chance of firebreath vs. denizens 60 min  spices 20       20  1000<br>
    Rockcandy    Moderate rooting bonus            60 min  sugar 20        20  1000<br>
    Licorice     3/13 health buff                  60 min  spices 100      60 10000<br>
    Jellybaby    3/13 mana buff                    60 min  sugar 100       60 10000<br>
    Creamchew    3/13 ego buff                     60 min  milk 100        60 10000<br>
    Waxlips      25% xp buff                       60 min  vegetables 20   20  1000<br>
    Redlollipop  5/5 balance buff                  1 min   sugar 100       60 10000<br>
    Bluelollipop 5/5 equil buff                    1 min   sugar 100       60 10000<br>

Here ya go @Ssaliss.

Multi-edit: FINALLY got the code option to format the table correctly...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Wait... I think I turned the numbers around a bit. For some reason, I calculated with five goop per credit, and not five credits per 100 goop. Now it makes a little more sense.

I will still maintain that I don't think spices at the very least, and probably not sugar either, will be a big issue. If it turns out it is in a couple days (or weeks) time, then as Estarra said there's room to modify the numbers then.
  • edited August 2016
    Ssaliss said:
    Wait... I think I turned the numbers around a bit. For some reason, I calculated with five goop per credit, and not five credits per 100 goop. Now it makes a little more sense.

I will still maintain that I don't think spices at the very least, and probably not sugar either, will be a big issue. If it turns out it is in a couple days (or weeks) time, then as Estarra said there's room to modify the numbers then.
    I don't know about you, but I'm ALREADY getting the aetherplex showing as being out of sugar commodities - that's saying something when the AETHERPLEX hasn't got any available.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    did the aetherplex really ever have sugar?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yes. More expensive than other comms, but not as much as anything actually made from it. I can tell on account of having had Ino buy about 1k once upon a time for me.
  • Yes, it did have sugar in varying quantities - I buy it on a regular basis for cooking recipes.
  • Man, all those times I just flushed sugar from my alembic because I could never get anyone to care about sugar. I could have had a racket going.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited August 2016
    Were the racetrack goop returns multiplied by 100 as well?

Edit: Yes.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • Looks like a positive-y response to the change.

@Estarra I suggest, for the next step, to think about adding some gold-bought RP (or bashing buffs that don't directly generate gold) perks to supplement this as well. I think someone mentioned somewhere that throttling the influx without adding meaningful things to spend things on will not quite solve the problems we're facing, and they certainly do have a point. There's plenty of room for purely RP effects, in fact, and I'm sure many players will have plenty of ideas of what they want to see.

• I think I mentioned somewhere that one thing we wouldn't mind doing is adding more consumable aethergoop items for other crafting skills, which could be RP based or anything really. Ideas welcome!
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Would it be possible to add in a command to list all of the throttles, how close you are to hitting them, and when they reset for you? For the benefit of people who forget if they've bashed their way to the gold cap on a given day or not.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • @Estarra could artisans get "concealer" sprinkle a dose on a piece of furniture to hide it from the room? So the dropped description doesn't show.
    Nice for when you've described a piece of furniture in the rooms description (or want to)

It would also be nice to have an option to hide it from IH as well but viewable there by anyone with "deconstruct" privs too.
  • Maybe goop could be used to purchase more pattern options for cartels?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I am, as a rule, vehemently opposed to any form of creativity gates with regards to the trade system. If a new pattern gets added to trades as an option, only allowing a small portion of the game access to that pattern or requiring the additional investment of a somewhat limited currency is probably not a great direction to go down. Plus, new patterns seem to historically attract a bit of attention initially, and then gradually and quickly lose steam to the point that you end up making one or two designs yourself, then a week or a month later the only one actually using/making/wearing it is the guy who bought one and put a rune on it, or someone who is only just finding the pattern for the first time and wanted to design one for him/herself.

I'm looking right at you, Fascinator.
  • edited August 2016
    Breandryn said:
    Maybe goop could be used to purchase more pattern options for cartels?
    While I would absolutely love more patterns, goop shouldn't be the way to do this. However, a goop cost to add a second tradeskill to a cartel (with or without extra slots) that could be interesting.

(Please @Estarra @Charites can I have a catalogue option under bookshelves >_>)

Edit: Second thought, additional tradeskills, or some sort of upgrade to a clan (exclusive from cartels) that lets you deed cartels to the... company(?) and have all their designs accessible from there could be a small gold sink.
  • Well, I really just want more options. Coming from Aetolia, the tradeskill patterns seem pretty barren here, and I was using Estarra's generosity to try to finagle some more options. More patterns seems like an unpopular idea, though! Consider it rescinded! :)
  • More patterns is always a good thing, but more patterns exclusive to cartels that are bought with goop, well, perhaps not so much.
  • edited August 2016
    Well, from what I've been reading on forums, it seems like the default is "no new patterns" vs this thread giving "chance of new patterns" so I'd rather have the gating and the option, versus neither.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Do we also get goop from curio rubs now?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • @breandryn, oh this thread seems more "chance of entirely new things for trades" rather than patterns.
    Like globes aren't an artisan item at the moment, so we might be able to get those added if they're something worth the goop cost. But bookshelves are so we're not likely to get a new pattern in that category (even though I want an alternative badly)
  • Some herb goop concept ideas, because I know butt about the finer points of balance:

Pipe herbs:

DetoxifyingSteam: accelerates recovery from alcohol withdrawal
    PurgingSteam: reduces alcohol level, but also reduces alcohol tolerance
    GroundingSteam: reduces insanity levels
    LiberatingSteam: puts you into dreambody
    NourishingSteam: stops hunger from building for an IG month (does not change the current hunger level)

And this could be cool:

SHISHA PIPE (goop jewelry item) - allows the use of the following 'communal' steams which can be shared with your friends similar to herofetes

Shisha herbs: (designed with n00bs and lowbies in mind)

SomnulentSteam - induces a deep sleep on all participants from which they wake with a 3/3 health buff, and with some willpower and endurance restored

3/3 influence buff herbs: (because shisha is 'social')

BoldSteam - empowering
    StinkySteam - charity
    HeadySteam - seduction
    HarshSteam - weakening
    TwitchySteam - paranoia

Much love
    V <3
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I don't think we should have ways to reduce alcohol levels (even at a reduction of tolerance) or a way to reduce insanity. 

The rest of those seem ok, though wouldn't 3/3 buffs get overrun by universal buffs?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Aeldra said:
    Oh good goddess, I wanted to do that initially but it completely skipped my mind!!
  • Idea for future goldsink.

In Hallifax there's currently a group of eight plinths you can do a quest to repair and get some nice lore out of it. I love these plinths, but I feel that it'd work as a comm sink too. Instead of having to hunt down screws and such, we could just supply the repairman with actual metal comms to solve the quest that way.

Another example. Hallifax has been asking for a radio (no idea how far along it is, but either way). While I'm sure it'll require maintenance, it'd be far better if this maintenance was gold and/or comm intensive. Instead of having to influence mob X to not be a useless twat which is the norm with these quests, you'd let the mob be competent at what's supposed to be his job, while providing an outlet for commodities to disappear. It's probably not gonna be a huge sink, but it's there.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Estarra said:
    Aeldra said:
    Oh good goddess, I wanted to do that initially but it completely skipped my mind!!
    • Will this be throttled?
    • Will this affect the price of Travel Curios?
  • Curio rubbing is throttled. Do you think price of travel curios should be increased?
  • How much goop can you get from one curio?

I disagree that curio rubs should be throttled just because they're a fairly limited resource (most of them probably came from curio package purchases/promos).
  • I rubbed a curio and got 2 goop. @Pejat got 1, but he may have hit throttle.
    See you in Sapience.
This discussion has been closed.