Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Tremula said:
    ...wasn't there a hint of a chimaera being on the loose? 
    Oh, this is actually something that I looked up at the beginning. The chimaera who started this (Nue Houjuu) counted 22 people besides herself in the opening flavour text, which makes me think she's not in the game.
  • Tremula said:
    Close.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • And I totally wasn't planning on revealing like this at all but Lehki starting an outsider-claim train gave me an opening, so... hey, why not, right? Sometimes you gotta go for broke.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Tremula said:
    Could have been referring to Nue. Maybe. I have to admit, though, that's not what I'm thinking at the moment.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Melali said:
    Luce said:
    I'm assuming Ileein has some kind of Last Word or something that lets him get some information if he win/loses a spellcard duel.
    Last words don't operate off of exhibition match losses. So if he's hoping for that, he'll be sorely disappointed.
    I thought the rule was that last words and stuff only didn't work yesterday because it was day 0, but that from dawn forward even matches with no wager both fire cooldowns and rack up win/loss conditions.
  • Exhibition matches never trigger cooldown, I thought. That's why Ssaliss keeps going ham. The one duel he wagered something on, his card went on cooldown.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Then I am confused, and my brain has clearly ceased braining. Again.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ileein said:
    Tremula said:
    Close.
    Again, any idea of the alignment of the person you're hunting? It could help paint a picture of who the mafia are we're looking for.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • (Sorry guys ,on a business road trip so my time is somewhat limited)

I applaud @Tremula's willingness to out and trust in the town, I personally believe the correct choice was made, especially with how handy echo shield could actually be. We've seen the 'Challenger bonus' be the entirety of why someone won, so this will help more than probably being given credit for. Beyond this, I apparently caught whatever @CyndarinAscends had and was forced to challenge without a notification. From what I gather, this is a day power someone is using, and they've targeted people who have either refused duels or not participate in any so far.

(Will see you lot later) Vote: No Lynch

I don't see any benefits to lynching on day 1, but I'm also new to massive mafia groups. I'll keep reading up when I can and change vote if necessary!
  • Sylandra said:
    Ileein said:
    Tremula said:
    Close.
    Again, any idea of the alignment of the person you're hunting? It could help paint a picture of who the mafia are we're looking for.
    Not Mafia, I'm pretty sure, if only because giving a third-party detective a Mafioso as a target would be really weird. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wait, are we sure Ileein isn't just trying to bait us here? Only time I usually see third parties with a target is when that target needs to be eliminated for the 3rd party to win...Then again, my brain stopped braining a while ago, so...
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Just, please, let the spellcard duel happen. If it makes me confident enough, I might try to name both Ileein and his mark for all of you.
    I'm so ready for this, guys. :open_mouth:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Vivet said:
    Just, please, let the spellcard duel happen. If it makes me confident enough, I might try to name both Ileein and his mark for all of you.
    Oh god I so hope you can. For so many reasons.
  • Ssaliss, I accept your challenge. We fight for Spellcards. Creation sign: Almighty!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    FITE FITE FITE FIIIIITE

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Wow, spell cards! That's a pretty heavy wager.
    Daraius said:
  • Is it? It just means the loser's cards go on cooldown right?
  • Yep. However, I think that the only way to go off cooldown is to be in a duel, which could potentially mean you don't fight for a while.

That said, if anyone loses a bet like that, odds are I am willing to duel you to clear your cooldown.

• My spellcard cooldown specifically mentions days. So unless yours is different, I don't think more duels will reset them.
  • Oh. All my cards have a one-match cooldown. Which makes sense, since my ability  powered by me winning duels, I guess.
  • Ileein challenges Kalaneya
    There has been a brief lull in combat after the last few fights, but now things are heating up. Especially with Ileein's claim that he is a detective from the outside of Gensokyo that's here on a mission. Eager to show that he is trustworthy, he turns to Kalaneya to entreat her into duelling with her so that he can display his mastery of the rules of Gensokyo. Kalaneya is hesitant at first, but eventually agrees to join in. The two walk out and away from the reconstruction effort, where Ileein makes a polite bow before he pulls a card from his pocket. "Spirit of courage!". The card melts into light and reforms into a small cross. Ileein crushes the cross in his hand, causing small motes of light to flicker out and around him where they transform into several tiny familiars that lay down suppressive fire around him.

"Zigzag Circle Slash!". Immediately Kalaneya's form bursts into a corona of light that sends streams of bullets out in all directions, with each wave of bullets observing a very slight change in angle that creates small tunnels between each stream. Ileein immdiately dives into one of these tunnels, weaving left and right as he makes his way closer to Kalaneya. Kalaneya attempts to shake up the difficulty by increasing the change in angle, but Ileein is far too fast. In less than half a minute he's up close against Kalaneya, where the familiars around him suddenly reconverge into a cross on his palm. He thrusts that palm forward, pushing the cross into Kalaneya where it bursts, sending Kalaneya flying backwards.

"Thank you." Ileein says with a gentle smile as he offers Kalaneya a hand to get her back up on her feet. "And thanks for your assistance."

Ileein has won the spellcard duel
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Ssaliss challenges Falmiis
    After the duel between Ileein and Kalaneya, Ssaliss once more resumes his duties. The duty of beating everyone at spellcard duels. And Falmiis is his next planned victim. The two move away so as to not interfere with the match and gaze each other down. "This'll be child's play." Ssaliss smirks as he throws out his two yoyos and spin them around himself, sending streams of bullets towards Falmiis. Falmiis however is... unimpressed. He makes a show of closing his eyes for a moment, gently floating past the bullets that come from the yoyo a couple times before he finally calls out his own spellcard.

"Creation sign: Almighty!" With a proud cry he lifts his hands into the air. A blue-white glow surrounds him and as he spreads his arms to his side, six brilliant wings burst into existence, and with them comes waves of white bullets. The initial burst pushes Ssaliss backwards, and he instinctively raises his arms to protect himself. But the waves keep sending more bullets that smash into the yoyos, knocking first them aside before making quick work of Ssaliss. Ssaliss groans in pain as he slumps back down on the ground, where others are quick to support him. Falmiis grins as he lands before Ssaliss and clenches his fist, draining power from all of Ssaliss' spellcards.

Falmiis has won the duel. All of Ssaliss' spellcards have gone on cooldown.

Since Ssaliss is unable to fight, his challenge against Breandryn is invalid
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    -sweeps the dust and debris-

Sheesh, be careful when dueling you guys. The shrine's gonna collapse.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Dying to know the relevance of the Ilein/Kalaneya duel now.

• I wanna know tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Victory. I must admit I just wanted to do that so that Ssaliss can no longer duel everyone in the game.
  • Kalaneya said:
    @Weiwae, is there a wager you would want?

Your choice.
    Ssaliss's ability being powered by winning duels does explain his trigger happiness on that front. Also I'm beginning to suspect we all have very, very different levels of cool downs.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    So right now I think the most suspicious people are not the ones who are non-natives, but the ones who have not participated in a single duel.

A) You could have a strong town-beneficial danmaku related ability you want to keep under wraps so you aren't targeted night 2.

B) You could have a strong town-negative danmaku ability that you want to keep hidden for obvious, lynch-y reasons.

C) You have spellcards that you feel will give away your character (Like Synkarin and I).

Point A: If we learned anything from Overwatch's Mercy and Dylara the coroner, there could always be a more perfect time, but wasted nights contribute nothing to town's info.

Point B: YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND MUST BE DESTROYED.

Point C: As Kiradawea said and a few others have pointed out, unless you're a cherry tree stealing Spring  you aren't explicitly evil. Nearly everyone has a way to be spun negatively, and we have naught to fear but fear itself.

With these points in mind, @Breandryn, I challenge you with my Stars of the Gate!

A single exhibition match to prove your willingness to cooperate is all I'm after. Town only ever wove by gaining information, after all. I'm probably one of the safest purple to duel, and if Ssaliss wins with during it becomes possible that my hinted at improvements become stronger if I also win instead of using more (echoes of victory and all that). Town benefits from everything but a forfeit, which ultimately is the only way to further my suspicions now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."