Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I'm not taking it as a claim of investigator because I think Ileein is smart enough to not claim investigator on day 1 after getting roleblocked and no one dying. That would be the stupidest play. I'm taking detective from outside as most likely a 3rd party role.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Huh. Yeah, that's more than a little mysterious. It's so hard to figure out what is actually going on!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Vivet I'm guessing based on my ability's name, you figured out who I am? Before I go ahead and safely claim, is my little research into her character indicating she's convincably town-oriented to be trusted, or does she have some sort of level in some spin-off where she goes nuts that will implicate me terribly? Having at least one confirmable town this early on will help us settle things down and give any watchers/doctors/protectors something to do.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I'm getting far too used to non-betted duels... I completely forgot about card cooldowns :( Ahem. Let me try that again.

@Falmiis! I challenge you to a duel! Control sign: Toys for Children!
    @Breandryn! I challenge you to a duel! Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel!

• I forfeit again.
    Tremula said:
    @Vivet I'm guessing based on my ability's name, you figured out who I am? Before I go ahead and safely claim, is my little research into her character indicating she's convincably town-oriented to be trusted, or does she have some sort of level in some spin-off where she goes nuts that will implicate me terribly? Having at least one confirmable town this early on will help us settle things down and give any watchers/doctors/protectors something to do.
    @Tremula Without a clear picture of what sides exist in this, or who is up to what, it's hard to say. Given I haven't outted you myself, however, nor used that information to cast additional suspicion on you, I think it's safe to say I'm trusting you for the time being.

It's all up to you. I've been rather upfront about my own identity - just in my own way. I would agree there's some use in having a known or two floating around, especially since you've already given away your ability.

• Not a clue why you're singling me out since I don't think I've been unreasonable with how much I've posted and what I've called out. Would you like me to go full batshit insane mode again?

I accept your challenge, @Ileein! We fight for the right to party! Zigzag Circle Slash!
    ... how touchy. This is going to be interesting, I think.
  • Othero said:
    Ileein said:
    Sylandra said:
    @Ileein considering you're not a Gensokyo native, who would you want to lynch today?
    I'm not sure. I don't want to jump the gun and lynch someone who could be helpful-- if nothing else, my own presence indicates that non-natives are not necessarily harmful. But I do know that at least one of us probably doesn't have the best of intentions.
    Krackenor said:
    Also, what raised your suspicion?
    It's to do with my role flavor-- I'm a detective, I came here hunting a target who appears to have gone to ground here. And what I know of that person is that though they're hiding here and I don't know who they are (obviously), they did a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people where they came from.
    Does this mean you are a 3rd party hunting for another character?
    That is correct, yes. And an investigation would confirm such.

As to who I would care to lynch, that (in part) comes down to the results of the challenge I just launched. Like I said, my target could do a lot of damage to Town just from their presence here (let alone whatever powers they've got), but I definitely don't want to lynch someone innocent. Hurting Town is the last thing on my mind here.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Lol
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Kalaneya said:
    Not a clue why you're singling me out since I don't think I've been unreasonable with how much I've posted and what I've called out. Would you like me to go full batshit insane mode again?

I accept your challenge, @Ileein! We fight for the right to party! Zigzag Circle Slash!
    And mostly because you're the only claimed non-native who hasn't shown any cards so far!
    Well, here's hoping I don't get offed tonight! Hey all you people, won't you listen to me? I am a shrine maiden, no ordinary maiden, my name is Kyouko Kasodaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

I'm an adorable little spirit (a yamakibo youkai) who is the living embodiment of mountain echoes and my character has the power to redirect sound waves into a defencive shield (my echo shield!) around one person every day/night, with the power refreshing at Twilight. I don't have confirmation, but from what I read it seems like it could get stronger, so I'm going to be using it more during the day than at night (My original thought was that twilight referred to dawn, not dusk, so I thought I could use it Night 0 then begin cycling days beginning with Day 1) where everyone can see it and (hopefully) we'll all get a clue if it gets stronger suddenly.

This is my danmaku related power, and since it's kinda lame I hope it gets stronger. Other than this I'm pretty vanilla, and from the wiki I gather my interest in repairing the shrine is centred in my duties as a priest-in-training. My wiki mentions buddhism, but my role message is lacking other than noting that the shrine where I serve as a cleaner is a buddhist one. So there's the outs, now look how adorable I am before these two start blowing more holes in the ground.

• Vivet said:
    ... how touchy. This is going to be interesting, I think.
    I legit don't meant to be touchy. I'm still new to playing mafia and still don't understand why people think certain things. This is not a passive aggressive dig, I literally don't understand. Thanks Ileein for explaining.
    Now that I've read what Ileein's posted, I think any protectors should definitely be on them over me tonight. If I get killed we lose a small danmaku buff, but if they die then whomever their target is could do some serious damage. Plus another investigator is always beneficial to town.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ohoho, spellcard sleuthing paid off. @Tremula's claim matched what I expected. Buddhist alignment, too, yeah? Still don't know if that means anything, but have tried to keep that in mind since @Vivet brought those up.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    It's just, it's giving me a certain vibe. I feel like I'm just spinning wild theories at this point, though, so I'll be quiet until my mind settles down.

Ah, and that's one I got right. Honestly, Sutras at the Gate was the biggest hint. Everything else after just fell into place.

• Ileein said:
    Othero said:
    Ileein said:
    Sylandra said:
    @Ileein considering you're not a Gensokyo native, who would you want to lynch today?
    I'm not sure. I don't want to jump the gun and lynch someone who could be helpful-- if nothing else, my own presence indicates that non-natives are not necessarily harmful. But I do know that at least one of us probably doesn't have the best of intentions.
    Krackenor said:
    It's to do with my role flavor-- I'm a detective, I came here hunting a target who appears to have gone to ground here. And what I know of that person is that though they're hiding here and I don't know who they are (obviously), they did a lot of damage and hurt a lot of people where they came from.

As to who I would care to lynch, that (in part) comes down to the results of the challenge I just launched. Like I said, my target could do a lot of damage to Town just from their presence here (let alone whatever powers they've got), but I definitely don't want to lynch someone innocent. Hurting Town is the last thing on my mind here.
    Want to share that info? Who are they? Seems safe to assume that they also know about your and you just made yourself a target if they have a night kill.
  • Othero said:
    Ileein said:
    Othero said:
    Ileein said:
    Sylandra said:
    Krackenor said:

Want to share that info? Who are they? Seems safe to assume that they also know about your and you just made yourself a target if they have a night kill.
    Depending on how the challenge I made with Kalaneya pans out, I may share. And I have reason to believe that they can't hurt me directly; my target is primarily a manipulator. Which is what has me so worried about getting this right.
    Okay. I think I know who Ileein is, but I'm going to hold out for his benefit and allow this to pan out.
  • You know your Touhou better then I do then. I mostly want to call bs.
  • Othero said:
    You know your Touhou better then I do then. I mostly want to call bs.
    Knowing Touhou... wouldn't help, I'm afraid. Vivet may know who I am, I'm not sure!
    This game is so weird, everyone's claiming on Day 2 haha.

Here's a thought: Ileein, if you're third party (you've essentially claimed this, yes?), how certain are you that the person you're hunting down is mafia, and not town? We were told upfront that we should expect some alignment switch-up among roles; nice characters might not be so nice, and by that logic, some naughty characters might not be as naughty as we're used to. Can you at least verify the alignment of your quarry?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh my god I so want this spellcard duel to happen.
  • I wasn't interested, but now I'm really interested because everyone else is interested, and because I don't quite know why it's so significant lol.
  • Ileein, since you have presented yourself as 3rd party, I think that it is reasonable for you to roleclaim, for the following reasons.
        Because you are third party, you presumably have to be not-stumped to win. Thus, by lynching you, you will flip and reveal your role and stuff. Conversely, if you don't flip after being stumped, you would be revealed to not be 3rd party, or at least part of a faction. Since Town doesn't have reason to lie at this point in time, and it's not a really reasonable gambit to play as Town, that would mean you were Mafia. So, by lynching you, we would likely get rid of someone not Town.
        You telling us that your role flavor is "detective" so early in the game presumably means that you are not an investigator, or that you trust Town to protect you, a third party investigator. Since the first conclusion is more likely, you most likely don't have an ability that would be of great use to Town (investigator/doctor). Regardless, claiming entirely, since you've already said so much, would let the Town judge how valuable you are.
        Lastly, I personally don't trust you. I feel like that you're just making up a random role, and makng lots of noise to draw attention away from that. Thus, if you can present a complete and well-thought out role like Tremula has, then it would likely mean that you're legitimate.

Of course, it is also reasonable for you not to roleclaim, since it is early in the game, but you've already said so much and hinted at your willingness to, apparently based upon the results of a spell card battle. Which is also a suspicious point that doesn't quite fit with a claim of "detective". Is there even a detective character in the Touhou universe?
    Waiting for the results of the spellcard duel like,

Daraius said:
    ...wasn't there a hint of a chimaera being on the loose? 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm assuming Ileein has some kind of Last Word or something that lets him get some information if he win/loses a spellcard duel.
  • Melali said:
    Is there even a detective character in the Touhou universe?
    According to my studies of the Google, it appears there are many detectives from Touhou involved in something called "fan fiction." I believe this is a reference to the heat from either explosions, fire or, most ominously, perhaps even Hell itself - clearly, a normal person would fan themselves to alleviate the heat, but one attuned to such evil would merely imitate cooling themselves off, hence fiction.

I suggest we be wary.
  • Luce said:
    I'm assuming Ileein has some kind of Last Word or something that lets him get some information if he win/loses a spellcard duel.
    Last words don't operate off of exhibition match losses. So if he's hoping for that, he'll be sorely disappointed.