Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Oh...I took "confirm Ileein's name" as "yes, Ileein is Pollux"...hence the "kind of" in my post.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Iosion said:
    God, I need to stop theorycrafting without supervision. @Tamashi confirmed Ileein is Pollux...kind of:
    Tamashi said:
    Well the good news is, when the dust settles from the duel, I can confirm @Ileein's name, for better or worse. Of course, this means anybody I've dueled with I know your name as well, but will respectfully hold off unless you give your okay.
    Still mindful of Vivet's serendipity...
    I was making fairly obvious hints, primarily in the hope that they could successfully guess.I had plans to come back and confirm or deny either way after the duels finished, but there is that little thing called sleep that got in the way... and by the time I got back everyone had spent fifty posts convincing themselves Vivet was nuts!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Siam said:
    I wonder if Tamashi can confirm win conditions on top of alignment. Also I think there's really a cult around!
    I...Are you intentionally misreading things? This is the second post of yours in short order where you said something that's patently not what the post you're referencing said.

To wit: 3 non-native to Gensokyo, letting one of the 4 already confirmed off the hook if it's not called out, and Tamashi said he could confirm name, not alignment or win conditions at all, which is only going to cause confusion.
  • As nutty as a squirrel *snicker*
  • I am not sure Tamashi's result will help.

If he confirms, then fine, but we don't know if Ileein and Tamashi are working together. If he says that Ileein is lying then Ileein is an idiot for accepting the duel in the first place knowing his name would be revealed and that he'd be outed as lying which is grounds for a lynch regardless.

I think we're going to end up in the first situation.
  • Unless he's trying to drop hints at being Ratatoskr for some reason: patent chaos-sowing.
  • Thing is that the only two people able to confirm Tamashi's power would be the only two he has duelled so far outside of Ileein; me and Tremula. Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point, and I will make no arguments at all whether or not Tremula should reveal himself; that is his choice alone.

One thing, however, doesn't resonate well with me re: Tamashi. I too have a power that is centered around duels. However, I have to win my duels, and they can't be exhibition duels, whereas Tamashi apparently learns about his opponent no matter what. At that point, I am also very curious about why he hasn't actually duelled more people... if he learned something from duels, then I would've expected him to initiate more duels than he has. Heck, if it works off of unbetted duels, why didn't he just do what I and Siam did during day one and duel left and right? It just... well, to me it doesn't really add up.
  • Right. But if that's true Tamashi has to continue cooperating or else his claim becomes invalidated. 
    Are names really that important in this mafia aside identifying those who aren't in the Gensokyo universe? It's already been hinted or bolded at that everyone has reason to be naughty or nice. I'm not sure who the name knowing power helps exactly.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Kalaneya said:
    I am not sure Tamashi's result will help.

If he confirms, then fine, but we don't know if Ileein and Tamashi are working together. If he says that Ileein is lying then Ileein is an idiot for accepting the duel in the first place knowing his name would be revealed and that he'd be outed as lying which is grounds for a lynch regardless.

Shrug. If tamashi tells the truth I'll be confirmed in my identity. If tamashi lies I'll be lynched and, because I am third party and will therefore lose, my sheet will flip and y'all will know Tamashi isn't trustworthy.

if nothing else y'all can investigated or watch me tonight or whatever. Blocking me last night was inconclusive-- what you actually blocked was my investigative action; ironically enough, on Vivet. You never know how bastard the mod will be.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Actually, does losing the ability to vote alter the votes required to lynch? Like, there're 22 of us. If 3 people bet their votes and lose, does it now only take 11 votes to kick someone off the island?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Does Tamashi need to be the challenger to confirm names

I'd be willing to test him, You guys think you know me, but you don't.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • (Road trip still, so busy off and on)

My duel with @Ileein confirms his claims, he is most definitely NOT from here at all, and he is who he says he is. Since @Ssaliss wants to stay veiled for longer, the name begins with an 'A' with what little relevance it actually has. It has been stated multiple times NAMES DO NOT MAKE A LICK OF DIFFERENCE, and even then, some of these cards don't belong to those people. In fact, I know more things on @Tremula that they didn't disclose.

The reason I didn't take part in more duels is because of what I said earlier, names mean squat here, until I just recently learned of people not being from the games proper. Which is why I started a duel on my own, twice, and that weird forced one. Aside from that.

@Yarith I accept your challenge! We fight for entertainment and clarity! Spirits of Human Desire!
  • @Synkarin I just need to participate in a duel to bypass the Seed, care to join me?

@Synkarin I challenge you to a spellcard duel! Raining Light of Humanity!
  • ooooooh. What a feisty card.
    I wanted to battle for keeps though. Buh. 

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Ssaliss said:
    Thing is that the only two people able to confirm Tamashi's power would be the only two he has duelled so far outside of Ileein; me and Tremula. Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point, and I will make no arguments at all whether or not Tremula should reveal himself; that is his choice alone.

One thing, however, doesn't resonate well with me re: Tamashi. I too have a power that is centered around duels. However, I have to win my duels, and they can't be exhibition duels, whereas Tamashi apparently learns about his opponent no matter what. At that point, I am also very curious about why he hasn't actually duelled more people... if he learned something from duels, then I would've expected him to initiate more duels than he has. Heck, if it works off of unbetted duels, why didn't he just do what I and Siam did during day one and duel left and right? It just... well, to me it doesn't really add up.
    thread so fast.

First point is good, but Tremula already revealed, which makes you the only one who can confirm Tamashi.

Second point is an interesting one. Makes me think the same with Ileein; it seems like he learned something from our duel and it was an exhibition. If he's looking for someone, why not blanket duel and pop off on all at once before anyone knows what his motive is? 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Tamashi can confirm that I am indeed an adorable little shrubs sweeper, but since I already bared everything, he could be Ratatoskr as lying through his teeth.

That's why these duels are important, because you can confirm things from what the characters do in their fighting styles. Ratatoskr is going to have an easy time hiding, all he has to do is claim someone else's name and convince people Ileein is untrustworthy.

Bloody hell, despite my early reveal and Tamashi, you could argue I'M actually Ratatoskr (through echo shield is kinda a thing) simply because like Vivet said, there are easily enough characters to fill this game.  We can block Ileein tonight and have him watched while we gather more info, and I'm still dropping my FOS: Breandryn.

Speaking of, though, @Lavinya, I challenge you to danmaku with my Sutras of the Gate! I'd love a friendly match where I can have my power confined with no strings.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Now I'm dreading what potential duel-based power Siam has been stacking this entire time..

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • @Tremula not everything, I mean, you did leave out a few details. Don't test me :) I am an extremely forgiving hermit, but crossing me isn't smart.

As for Siam, he hasn't gotten a real duel, so no stacking has built up yet. I look forward to learning more about you, @Yarith.
  • Kalaneya said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Thing is that the only two people able to confirm Tamashi's power would be the only two he has duelled so far outside of Ileein; me and Tremula. Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point, and I will make no arguments at all whether or not Tremula should reveal himself; that is his choice alone.

thread so fast.

First point is good, but Tremula already revealed, which makes you the only one who can confirm Tamashi.

Second point is an interesting one. Makes me think the same with Ileein; it seems like he learned something from our duel and it was an exhibition. If he's looking for someone, why not blanket duel and pop off on all at once before anyone knows what his motive is? 
    Nope, that was a bluff! I just wanted to analyze your fighting style, is all.
  • @Tamashi Do me a favor, challenge me. I'm willing to share everything and would like to see the extent of your power.
  • Incidentally, blocking me would be a bad idea-- as mentioned, it proves nothing, as the mafia could simply refuse to kill to throw town off the trail, and it also blocks my actually useful power. Watching would be a better idea, as it allows confirmation that I am doing what I claim, to whom I claim to target.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I am confused and will oblige since I am confused and have to leave to fulfil social obligations. I look forward to 50+ posts by my return this evening!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You can always challenge him, unless you're trying to confirm exhibition matches working.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I want to see a Tamashi x Vivet duel!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Very well, Othero, I will lay down a challenge assuming Synkarin works with me, so here goes

@Othero I challenge you for clarity and knowledge! Raining Light of Humanity!
  • For clarity: We are convinced that all duel-intensive powers require actual bets with the exception of @Tamashi 's thusfar?

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Lehki please update the duel tracker, too! <3 Thank you!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Ileein said:
    Kalaneya said:
    I am not sure Tamashi's result will help.

Shrug. If tamashi tells the truth I'll be confirmed in my identity. If tamashi lies I'll be lynched and, because I am third party and will therefore lose, my sheet will flip and y'all will know Tamashi isn't trustworthy.

if nothing else y'all can investigated or watch me tonight or whatever. Blocking me last night was inconclusive-- what you actually blocked was my investigative action; ironically enough, on Vivet. You never know how bastard the mod will be.
    Actually, if your goal is for Ratatoskr to get lynched, then I don't think you will flip on a lynch, because your goal will still be possible.
  • @TamashiI accept your challenge! We fight for Resilience! Duality of light and dark!
  • @Lehki it might state he (Ileein) has to remain alive for the win condition to actually fire, otherwise that's just too easy.