Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Tamashi said:
    @Lehki it might state he (Ileein) has to remain alive for the win condition to actually fire, otherwise that's just too easy.
    Still a possibility.

@Siam thread was moving a bit quick, but I'll go back and update it. Will probably go with Synkarin's idea of a editable google doc later.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dang, a lot happens during my office hours. Willing to believe the Pollux/Rataskor theory. Willing to believe that Ileein isn't anti-town (for now). Curious about how the resilience duels affect how many votes required to lynch.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Tremula - I think a little lady has a crush on me! My skills, however, don't lie in magic card battles. I am just a humble scholar and merchant.
  • Tamashi said:
    @Lehki it might state he (Ileein) has to remain alive for the win condition to actually fire, otherwise that's just too easy.
    Correct. If I'm lynched, I lose. I've made the gamble to trust in town and be forthright. Let us hope it wasn't a gamble poorly made.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Doesn't resilience reduce the number of votes required to lynch you by 1? Unless I'm imagining things, I guess I read it on page 1?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Siam said:
    Doesn't resilience reduce the number of votes required to lynch you by 1? Unless I'm imagining things, I guess I read it on page 1?
    That's what I thought, was just checking.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    If @Siam is right about there being a cult, we may be facing the prospect of no standard mafia deaths at all. Stumping and the lack of role reveals I would say lends some support to that option, along with the game having a subplot of 3 non-Touhou-verse outsiders having their own agenda.

The saboteurs could -be- the cult, have started with three original members and recruited a fourth last night. We won't know without another night phase or two, and a second census to see how the numbers change.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It does. It's the one I used too. I highly doubt we're going to get a lynch train rolling on someone for 10 votes without us being willing to get all 12, so this early it's essentially an exhibition match that counts.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    That said, how Vivet landed on Pollux/Ratatoskr is mind-boggling... :?
  • COLLUSION!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Theme for this thread right now is probably Pursuit: Lying Coldly.
  • Ileein said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Thing is that the only two people able to confirm Tamashi's power would be the only two he has duelled so far outside of Ileein; me and Tremula. Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point, and I will make no arguments at all whether or not Tremula should reveal himself; that is his choice alone.

One thing, however, doesn't resonate well with me re: Tamashi. I too have a power that is centered around duels. However, I have to win my duels, and they can't be exhibition duels, whereas Tamashi apparently learns about his opponent no matter what. At that point, I am also very curious about why he hasn't actually duelled more people... if he learned something from duels, then I would've expected him to initiate more duels than he has. Heck, if it works off of unbetted duels, why didn't he just do what I and Siam did during day one and duel left and right? It just... well, to me it doesn't really add up.
    thread so fast.

First point is good, but Tremula already revealed, which makes you the only one who can confirm Tamashi.

Second point is an interesting one. Makes me think the same with Ileein; it seems like he learned something from our duel and it was an exhibition. If he's looking for someone, why not blanket duel and pop off on all at once before anyone knows what his motive is? 
    Nope, that was a bluff! I just wanted to analyze your fighting style, is all.
    The fact that we're on this crazy train and that Vivet guessed your character because of a fucking bluff is unreal to me.
  • (I don't think I'm an outsider btw, so don't count me in that. I thought it meant people from outside the village, not from other game mythos)
  • Kalaneya said:
    Ileein said:
    Kalaneya said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Thing is that the only two people able to confirm Tamashi's power would be the only two he has duelled so far outside of Ileein; me and Tremula. Personally, I'd rather not be revealed at this point, and I will make no arguments at all whether or not Tremula should reveal himself; that is his choice alone.

One thing, however, doesn't resonate well with me re: Tamashi. I too have a power that is centered around duels. However, I have to win my duels, and they can't be exhibition duels, whereas Tamashi apparently learns about his opponent no matter what. At that point, I am also very curious about why he hasn't actually duelled more people... if he learned something from duels, then I would've expected him to initiate more duels than he has. Heck, if it works off of unbetted duels, why didn't he just do what I and Siam did during day one and duel left and right? It just... well, to me it doesn't really add up.
    thread so fast.

First point is good, but Tremula already revealed, which makes you the only one who can confirm Tamashi.

Second point is an interesting one. Makes me think the same with Ileein; it seems like he learned something from our duel and it was an exhibition. If he's looking for someone, why not blanket duel and pop off on all at once before anyone knows what his motive is? 
    Nope, that was a bluff! I just wanted to analyze your fighting style, is all.
    The fact that we're on this crazy train and that Vivet guessed your character because of a fucking bluff is unreal to me.
    It's why I'm neither unvoting or removing the FoS.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    If it IS three outside-universe characters, then my money right now is on Ileein, Vivet, and @CyndarinAscends. Cyndaquil was the one who latched most firmly onto that interpretation before the HIJMS Kyōki launched.
    @Tamashi you got a read on Ileein as Pollux. Which person are you suspicious of at the moment? Would you back an Ileein lynch, or are you side-eyeing elsewhere?
    Daraius said:
  • And who was the fourth that claimed? Did they rescind? 
  • It was Breandryn, I take it back.
  • (I'll probably only have time to do the Yarith vs Tamashi match for today, since Othero and Tamashi can't fight until after Synkarin fights.)

Yarith challenges Tamashi
    "Fight me, fight me, fight me!" Yarith bounces happily up and down, eagerly and innocently pestering Tamashi into joining in for a fight. When Tamashi finally accepts, Yarith rushes over to the gate and strikes a pose. He slowly draws a card, waving it in all sorts of wild, over the top patterns as he slowly states. "Unfathomable! Coils! of Fate! Destiny! Realiiiiiiiiised!" He proudly points the card towards Tamashi. It glows softly for a moment, and then manages to spit out all of one homing bulletstream that Tamashi easily sidesteps. Satisfied with his impressive display of power, Yarith plops down and falls asleep on the spot.

Tamashi has won the spellcard duel

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
  • Awww yisssssss
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Luce said:
    If it IS three outside-universe characters, then my money right now is on Ileein, Vivet, and @CyndarinAscends. Cyndaquil was the one who latched most firmly onto that interpretation before the HIJMS Kyōki launched.
    I don't think it's Vivet, to be honest. They said they had a serious character, and it just seems like it'd be too much to give Vivet yet another off-the-wall character. The only ones I've got my eye on at the moment are Lehki and Yarith thanks to their spellcards, which is why I'm reluctant to finger anyone directly. I don't have the certainty I'd like to. And it's always possible that Ratatoskr isn't even included in the census. Remember that in his original appearance, Ratatoskr was able to appear like whatever was most advantageous when investigated.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Sidenote: @Breandryn, you don't have spellcards?
  • Sidenote: @Breandryn, you don't have spellcards?
    How hilarious would it be though if Ileein were pulling a "I'm hunting the spy (which is me)" hat trick. It'd be a greatly amusing play, but one I doubt Ileein is making because he put himself out in the open at a time that was disadvantageous for him to do so. A good bluff relies a lot on timing. Iunno, I can't figure why he would be so open and allow himself to be such a focal point today unless he was sincere in his knowledge. Is there any net gain to this strategy I'm missing?
    Daraius said:
  • Cement your fake role early and it'll be questioned less later?
  • Okay all the duels, and all the spell cards I've noted so far.  Maybe do the google doc later tonight.

Also all of my (type) things after names is a total guess based on the flavor and outcomes of each match. Lasers are pretty easy to pick out, but I'm not entirely sure how to definitely tell scatter and streamers apart. Mostly just looking if Kiradawea actually used the word "stream" or not.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Think that last Yarith one might be a streamer.
  • Wait so Ileein's win condition is to find/kill Ratatoskr and presmuably Ratatoskr is to find/kill Pollux? Wouldn't it have been a very risky play to reveal so much about his role even before Vivet supposedly figured it out since it would have easily used against him by whoever Ratatoskr is?

As an aside, I'm also not native to Gensokyo but I am from the Touhou universe.
  • Iosion said:
    Sidenote: @Breandryn, you don't have spellcards?
    The only answer is a wry shrug as the effeminate man continues sifting through the rubble of both shrine and battle aftermath, studying the impact of the card duels on the terrain.