Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What if someone fails to accept/reject a duel before the day ends? Does the challenge get carried over to the next day, @Kiradawea

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I must admit, I am somewhat tempted to pull a Siam and just challenge everyone :D But yeah, let's let things settle down a bit first...
    What?! I support the crazy! Pull a Siam!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    What if someone fails to accept/reject a duel before the day ends? Does the challenge get carried over to the next day, @Kiradawea

It could also be resolved during dusk (i.e. between the last vote and the end-of-day post). I'm not sure how Kira is planning it, but it could be made so that no challenges can be done during dusk, and all outstanding challenges are resolved then.
    Got it, thanks! 

#bringShikariback 

• Spurred on by Tremula and Luce's spirited match, several other challenges end up being made. Eager to prove themselves, Siam and Ssaliss are the next ones up to the plate. The space around them clears and Siam lifts up a small jade-coloured spellcard. "Fortune Favours the bold!" he cries out, and a storm of light erupts from the card, creating curved beams of light that shoot up into the sky before they bend and come raining back down on Ssaliss. Not one to be caught out, Ssaliss nimbly steps between the beams of light while conjuring up smaller familiars. These small bundles of magic are sent towards Siam, forcing him to fly up ever higher to avoid the timed explosions that send small bundles of bullets flying. Once safely away, Siam manages to catch Ssaliss by surprise by directing the beams of light to slip in from behind and one of them hits Ssaliss square in the back, knocking the air out of him and sending him stumbling to his knees.

Siam has won the spellcard duel
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

#bringShikariback 

• I demand satisfaction, Sir!

@Siam! I challenge you to a duel! Control sign: Toys for Children
    @Ssaliss, I accept the challenge! "Fortune Favours the bold!"!!!

#bringShikariback 

• The dust has barely settled from the last fight, before another challenge is made and accepted. After having a glass of water, Ssaliss turns to Yarith and tries to grab his attention. It takes a few tries, but once he manages to catch his attention, Yarith gleefully accepts Ssaliss' challenge.

"Control Sign: Toys for children." Ssaliss flicks both her hands out, conjuring up a yoyo in each hand before he swings them back and forth in front of Yarith. Each swing sends condensed clusters of bullets towards Yarith, forcing him to constantly sidestep as he fumbles with his own card. He finally manages to pull out a white card and proudly proclaims "Brilliantly flaring sequential prismatic array!". A proud grin spreads across his face as the card glows, then sputters uselessly, conjuring up only a tiny burst of colour before it dies down uselessly. Yarith looks dejectedly at the card, and then yelps as one of the yoyo's hit him in the face. Ssaliss blinks in surprise and rushes over, checking to see if Yarith is hurt, but Yarith only giggles happily, proclaiming that to be the most fun he's had in ages.

Ssaliss has won the spellcard duel
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Siam said:

Challenges are valid for 24 hours. If no response has been given to a challenge after 24 hours, it is automatically rejected. The same happens if the day reaches twilight before a challenge can be made.
    Thanks!

#bringShikariback 

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Hihi, I have never even heard of Touhou before, so yep, likely no crazy theorising from me this game you'll all be glad to know. :smile:

(all I got from Sylandra's video was "huh, that's an Irish accent!")
  • Not satisfied with his recent victory over Yarith, Ssaliss turns his attention back to Siam. Once more they take to the sky, but this time Ssaliss comes better prepared. "Control Sign: Toys for children!" He cries out,  summoning two yoyos once again before he sends them spinning in a wide arc. Cocky and confident, Siam pulls out "Fortune Favours the Bold" once again, and just like last time he curves the beams of light in order to lash out against Ssaliss from behind. But this time, Ssaliss knows what to expect. He neatly sidesteps the curved beams, grazing the assault like a pro while his yoyos continue their onslaught, steadily narrowing Siam's movement until he ends up caught right in the middle of two clusters, forced to take the hit from one of them.

Ssaliss has won the spellcard duel
  • So... are we done with spellcard matches for now? I certainly hope so. :*
  • Hee!
    It's pretty clear that Ssaliss is a yoyo master. My poor array...

(I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I'm not giving up! @Ssaliss, I challenge you to a duel! Light rains from the heavens!

#bringShikariback 

Also, this is @Yarith

#bringShikariback 

• @Siam, I accept! No bets! Sacrificial Stratagem!

• (Nah. I'm kidding. Glad you guys have fun.)

Someone must have brought an automatic coffee machine to Gensokyo and given it to Ssaliss, as the guy is non-stop today. He has barely finished his battle against Siam before the two are at it again, leaving everyone else on the ground to wonder where they get all their energy from. "Light Rains From the Heavens!" Siam cries out. He raises his hands to the air, and the sky glows brightly before clouds begin to gather, obscuring most of the sunlight, except for a few bright beams of sunlight that shine down upon the ground with concentrated force. Ssaliss weaves between these beams of strong light, conjuring up his explosive familiars before sending them towards Siam, but all Siam has to do is shift some of these sunbeams around to destroy the familiars before they can get close enough to pose a threat. With Ssaliss' offense neutralised, it doesn't take long for Siam to force Ssaliss to surrender.

Siam has won the spellcard duel
  • What is this, I don't even.
  • This. Is. TOUHOU!!!!
  • Is it too late for me to say "This is Madness!"?
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Coffee is not my cup of tea, so I'm not going to be hopping to it unless someone is insistent on playing with me. At least I have plenty of material to study already. I do hope everyone will put equal energy into the investigation once the time comes!
  • Well, Siam challenged everyone earlier, so... yeah.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Siam, I accept, wager your everlasting soul against my high five, Icicle Fall!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Also, is anyone else mildly amused over the fact that Siam essentially created a bullet hell in a mafia based on a bullet hell game? :D
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    He's living up to being Siam. And oooh, Synkarin's got one of the most recognisable of all!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    dasfdasdfasdfs :expressionless: :

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • If it makes you feel better, I don't recognize it :P